Musc Ravageur (2000)

PerfumerMaurice Roucel
PackagingFrederic Malle
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Musc Ravageur

Musc Ravageur is a shared / unisex perfume by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Frederic Malle

Musc Ravageur fragrance notes

Reviews of Musc Ravageur

Excellent quality, projection and longevity. It is the perfect blend of animal, sweet and spice. Very wearable and always garners compliments from the opposite sex...highly recommended, even at the price.
24th April, 2016
Really not a fan of this. The opening made me wince, although eventually it settles down in to something more manageable. Great projection and longevity though.
07th April, 2016
Nothing filthy to this, despite various reviews--either that or my skin just east skanky notes. It's a very good sweet musk scent with floral notes in it. It isn't as dark as SL's MKK, and it certainly doesn't have the skank level of vintage Bal a Versailles parfum. I could wear this anywhere.
06th March, 2016
I went to Barneys to get a sample of this. I heard so many good things that I had to try it. On first spray I was sure they gave me the wrong one.

Nope

It's not traditional (which I like), but it's just very "old lady-ish". Not in a sweet flowery way, more in a musty unsettling way.

Every month or so I try it again, and I have started to find it a little less offensive every time, however it remains something that I do not want to smell like.
04th March, 2016
This fragrance sneaks right into your underpants and leaves you feeling slightly dirty...and smug about it. Take Satan's gym shorts, and Mick Jagger's sheets. Add a night in a smoky bar in a distant city, some dark red lipstick, and a cab back to your hotel in last nights cocktail dress. It's bad news all the way to it's core...and there is no way to resist it. After two hours, it's a skin scent...but you catch a whiff, and you'll remember last night's heathen mischief with that bad, bad man.
20th January, 2016
Now I'm an oddball in perfumery terms - I dislike everything about "classic" masculine scents, the dry, the astringent and the woody. I'm a long way out on the unisex spectrum too, and am willing to wear things a lot of other men would find too challenging. In fact I think what other people describe as "skanky" or "animalic" in perfumery just equates to "warm" in my mental lexicon.

Now what about this stuff? Well, I love it. It doesn't say "dirty" to me at all. I'll agree that it has a certain Barry White edge to it - it's not an office fragrance, nor one I'd wear to a family lunch, but it's a rich aura of living, breathing, heart-still-beating aliveness. It's not by any means a slutty reek of "shove me up against the nearest wall" (not that I won't be looking out for a scent like that to add to my collection too). Something in the heart of this - I think the clove and cinnamon - is a dead ringer for Estee Lauder's Youth Dew (a favourite of my beloved grandma's), which makes it a comfort scent for me as well. It's rich and heady and warm, projects beautifully, but nowhere near as overwhelming as a powerhouse like Youth Dew.

Its longevity is jaw-dropping. It's still detectable after 36 hours and two showers, which I guess just shows you that Mother Nature goes all out to promote reproduction. Well, tell us something we didn't already know.

In conclusion? I happen to be a pagan, and the part of me that hates how uptight we are about sex in this society and would welcome a return to thinking of it as just something we human animals do is utterly delighted by this scent. However, the part of me that is well aware how quick others around me are to judge based on arbitrary and petty things also advises using with a degree of caution in the wild...
13th September, 2015