Une Fleur de Cassie (2000)
by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

SupplierIFF
PackagingFrederic Malle
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Une Fleur de Cassie

Une Fleur de Cassie is a shared / unisex perfume by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion. The bottle was designed by Frederic Malle

Reviews of Une Fleur de Cassie

I don't know it changed after the EL handover but i remember this one smelling stronger before.

Anyway, i feel it smells like rattan beach mats which i really love to smell, always reminds me of summer. However it is pretty weak. I apply it liberally like 8-10 sprays but after 1 hour it becomes a skin scent, I can hardly smell it.

I really like the smell but would never buy at that price level
03rd April, 2018
An elegant, mature, totally feminine beauty, totally modern. White, silky lingerie worn all day by a woman from whom you cannot tear your gaze. Gwynneth Paltrow, Emma Thompson, and Marissa Tomei would all wear this perfectly.
25th October, 2017 (last edited: 04th November, 2017)
I'm just not loving this one. I can't get past the stale, starchy, almost moldy notes of mimosa and carnation. This reminds me too much of Apres L'Ondee. I don't care for that one either.

If any other notes are here, I sure can't find them through the blinding, toxic twins. I will give it a few more wears to see if it has any redeeming qualities but....

I'm always tempted to scrub this one. This time I let it ride all the way through. It settles into a vanilla base. I thought I smelled a touch of rose or jasmine. I can't be sure.
12th September, 2017 (last edited: 08th October, 2017)
DO NOT be fooled by that demure, powdery openning. It turns into a beast after drying down. I honestly wonder why they didn't put "musk" in the note.

Really, a little warning would be helpful: I feel like I'm about to marry lady Sansa, then find the Hound waiting for me at altar.
30th August, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a pleasant floral potpourri, with a nice jasmine in the foreground in my skin, accompanied by carnation and mimosa draped over a underlying carpet of a violet that blends in well as a backgound. This is a very agreeable start. The sweetness of this floral bouquet is quite restrained, which prevents it from suffocating the delightful
flowery top notes.

The drydown starts promising with a good rose impression, that assumes some fruity and aldehydic characteristics. This is less vivid and less intense than the beginning.

By the time the base notes with its mix of woods, tonka and white musky arise, they have become quite faint and are more shadows than real notes.

I get soft sillage, and adequate projection initially that gradually deteriorates, and five hours of longevity on me.

A spring daytime scent with a very commendable and satisfying, albeit not very original, beginning, which becomes increasingly anemic in intensity as well in the quality of the ingredients. Towards the end, it unfortunately has turned quite generic and lost structure. Overall 2.75/5.
22nd July, 2017
It's almost impossible to really describe what Une Fleur de Cassie smells like at first blast. Ostensibly, it's honeyed mimosa and aldehydes over perfumey musks, but there so much else going on as well. I like JTD's description of "mud and metal, cinnamon and slate, almond and glue." It's a tightrope walk between weird rubbery clay-ish synthetics, old school perfume elements, and beautiful flowers.

While the complexity of the first couple of hours makes for fun sniffing, the real magic happens in the drydown, where the honeyed, pollen-laden flowers melt into a pillow of rich, luxurious pie-spiced vanilla, nutty sandalwood, and soapy musks. It's GORGEOUS. Thumbs up for entertaining weirdness, as well as truly inspired perfumery in the base.
19th July, 2017

• Time Left: 4 days
  • Vendor: Ebay United States
  • Shipping from: United States

Member images of Une Fleur de Cassie

There are no member images of Une Fleur de Cassie yet. Why not be the first?