Gravel for Men (1957)

Based on 11 ratings

Gravel for Men information

Gravel for Men is a men's fragrance by Gravel. The scent was launched in 1957

Reviews of Gravel for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

BriGuy's avatar

I got a bottle of this as a gift when I was a kid. It was too mature for me to properly enjoy and eventually the bottle went bad. The fragrance is surprisingly pleasing for being such a simple cologne. I want to give it a neutral review, but it deserves better... I wouldn't suggest anyone to rush out to the store and buy it right away, but it'd be worth sampling!

08 October, 2012

GentlemanFarmer's avatar

Switzerland Switzerland

I got a decant last week, the perfume is very nice; lemon, sandalwood and I feel some incense too. The real problem is the staying power; it is complete gone in 30 minutes, perhaps the low quality of the decant??? I suggest you to try before buying.

18 February, 2011

Swanky's avatar

Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr - my kind of guys. It's no surprise, then, that a 1957 effort called Gravel A Man's Cologne would appear on my radar. Until recently I had been unsuccessful in locating this grail...Parfumerie Jacqueline in San Francisco has it on the shelf and I had to get it. The smell is indeed a man's cologne, reminiscent of Caron's Pour Un Homme after shave - sharing it's nutty, vanilla base, with sandalwood featuring in place of PuH's lavender. The downside is the longevity and sillage. On me it fades within a couple of hours and it becomes very close to the skin. With the potential of the opening, this is a disappointment and at $60 US, I frankly expect a bit more horsepower. But it does smell quite good and any bottle with actual gravel at the bottom can't be all bad.

05 May, 2010 (Last Edited: 15 April, 2012)

ricky chhabra's avatar

I recently acquired a bottle of Gravel A Mans Cologne in the box and complete, its never been used. Please let me know if anyone is still interested in purchasing this cologne. You may contact me through my email, ricky0062@hotmail.com
    I know this cologne is very very very expensive, so Send me your best offer,
    Thank you & have a great day.

15 November, 2009

Libbybrown's avatar

My husband to be loves it and I would love to find it for him for Fathers day can anybody give me a number so I can order the stuff .Please PleasePlease. Thanking you in advance

14 June, 2009

Apicius's avatar

Germany Germany

Typical green old gents' cologne, but very well done.

21st February, 2009