Very Sexy for Him (2001)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 177 ratings

Very Sexy for Him Fragrance Notes

Very Sexy for Him information

A very sexy fragrance from the very sexy lingerie company. This is Victoria's Secret's first male fragrance and it's based on all the things a woman finds sexy about a man. The advertising features supermodel Gisele and the fragrance was launched in time for holiday 2001.
    Intimate Brands, the parent company of VS is also the company behind Bath & Body Works.

Shop for Very Sexy for Him products online

Reviews of Very Sexy for Him

Showing 1 to 6 of 50 reviews.

toddsmith7378's avatar

I wore this a ways back, but recently returned to it. If you want to wear cologne that ladies like, you really can't go wrong with buying a batch of the stuff they sell for men at their panty store. That's a no brainer. However, as a bit of a scent junkie, it needs to be compared with some of the other stuff out there. I put this in the same vein as Bleau De Chanel as what many might perceive as a generic type smell. It is more green than Bleau De Chanel's feathery sweet wood, but it does have a comparable synthetic, generic feel. I would offer, however, that a scent shouldn't completely steal the show, but accentuate an entire look and feel of a person. Clothes, cleanliness, grooming, all have their part to play. This scent plays excellent accompaniment in an ensemble.

25 July, 2014

bestmenscolognehq's avatar

This is a fantastic cologne in my opinion but my women respondents didn't think so.

I do survey's to try and find what women think of men's cologne and this is one of the ones I did. This had the lowest out of all of them at only 20% wanted their significant other to wear it.

My personal experience was different. Last night I was wearing this and I had to physically push away the woman I was hanging off me because she loved the scent so much.

Women find it as a "sweet" scent so it's not as manly but it does smell great. The smell does not last very long so that would be the only downfall of it so you have to reapply a spray or two every 4 hours.

Wear this cologne if your are;
    Looking for a neutral smell that is appropriate in any environment
    New to wearing cologne
    Hanging out with a woman that is more of a "girly" girl

Do not wear this cologne if you;
    Work long hours in the hot sun
    Are hanging out with a woman that likes "manly" men
    Going to be physically active all day

16 January, 2014

fraghead1020's avatar

This fragrance smells like a combination of CK Eternity, Davidoff Cool Water, Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, and Chanel Egoiste Platinum.
    Don't get me wrong though
    It smells really, really good
    I have a buddy who wears Fierce and VS Very Sexy For Him
    And they both smell awesome on him
    i'm Randal and I approve this review!
    Overall rating for Very Sexy For Him: 8/10
    (For now, though. Need to test it out more.)

07 December, 2013

Mr215's avatar

My #1 alltime

I have been wearing this scent for over 10years when an ex of mine introduced it to me and haven't looked back. Now I wear different colognes such as classics like acqua di gio and channel allure homme and a few others here and there but never gotten the reaction that I have with Very Sexy. Some people complain about the longevity but I don't seem to have that problem maybe because I don't wear it so everyone can smell me but only in close in counters. Its a cuddle scent because its a fresh and not overpowering smell. I RECOMMEND to any one to try it and see the reaction you get from a simple hug or a whiff from a walk by.

13 July, 2013

DoctorQuality's avatar

Eternity for Men knock-off. Horrible longevity.

Very Sexy for Men by Victoria's Secret is a knock-off of Eternity for Men (as is Séx?al pour Homme). I've compared all three, on skin, side-by-side.

Séx?al pour Homme has the best longevity, though it's hardly what I would hope for. Very Sexy has almost no longevity at all; it feels as though it's gone in ten minutes. Eternity for Men falls somewhere between those extremes.

Plus Séx?al pour Homme holds a bit more spice and sweet bite in the drydown than either.

So, though it's not all that well-known, I rely on Séx?al pour Homme for every day usage. Meanwhile, I keep a bottle of Very Sexy displayed on the vanity for the ladies to admire ... as well as for refreshing Séx?al pour Homme while at home. I leave the lame Coty reformulation of Eternity for Men to gullible shoppers in the mall.

And I keep an eBay search on for vintage Eternity for Men juice ... though I am more likely to find a live unicorn for sale first.

Pros:
    Cons: Longevity"

12 July, 2013

UnclePecos's avatar

Incredible appeal. Crowd pleaser.

Without a doubt, this cologne has been the most complimented, most requested, most effective cologne I've ever had. I wear colognes to appeal to women, to suit preferences of girlfriends, or even just for myself. As far as the scent itself, I just don't get the appeal whatsoever. But I've been in the midst of sex when I suddenly panic because I thought the woman was giving me a hickey. I started to pull away when I realized it was just that she buried her face so deeply and was just intensely taking a whiff of the cologne (and that's happened with more than 1 woman). In addition to those times, it's been common for girlfriends to take a quick, small whiff in public.

To give some reference about my experience, I've been around 50 different colognes over the past 20 years. From the cheapos (like Preferred Stock) to the old classics (Polo, Drakkar, Cool Water.), to the standard crowd pleasers like Acqua Di Gio, YSL L'Homme, L'eau D'issey, to the expensive Green Irish Tweed, and my most recent purchase Mugler's Pure Malt. Very Sexy has beaten them all.

Pros: Women absolutely love this cologne.
    Cons: I just don't get it (but it works)

02 June, 2013

Add your review of Very Sexy for Him

Search for on eBay United States

VERY SEXY FOR HIM VICTORIA'S SECRET 3.4 oz / 100 ML COLOGNE MEN SPRAY SEALED NIB
    • Time Left: 24 days
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Victoria's Secret VERY SEXY cologne for him. 30ml 1 fl oz New in box
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    VERY SEXY FOR HIM 2 VICTORIA'S SECRET 3.4 oz / 100 ML COLOGNE SPRAY MEN * Sealed
    • Time Left: 27 days