Mr Taylor

Mr Taylor information

HouseTaylor of Old Bond Street
Parent CompanyTaylor of Old Bond Street

About Mr Taylor

Mr Taylor is a masculine fragrance by Taylor of Old Bond Street.

Reviews of Mr Taylor

I blind bought this, simply based on my experience with other TOBS colognes/shave creams, the few reviews I read and the overall notes. This is an outstanding aftershave cologne!

It really does smell like an astute, distinguished, experienced gentleman. There is nothing youth-like here, no fruity or aquatic or millennial notions. This is pure class in a bottle, which happens to be extremely well priced. For less than $40USD, you cannot go wrong.

The splash bottle is wonderful, offering a perfectly balanced mix of barbershop powder, sandalwood, possibly a bit of cedar, musk and just a touch of greenery. What you get is a marvelous finish to a shave, with a scent that projects very well for an aftershave and lasts all day on my skin. The Mr. Taylor's shaving cream jar is the ideal way to start out the day, btw.

I would definitely recommend this if you don't mind smelling a bit dated, but very refined. My wife said I smelled a bit like her dad.....he used to wear something like this. That doesn't bother me, as I enjoy smelling and therefore feeling like I just walked out of a 1950's barbershop. This is one of the better TOBS; highly recommended!
25th June, 2018
I really like this classic barbershop fragrance. It has a dusty musk and floral powder that permeate the genre. It reminds me a bit of Rive Gauche, but it does not have the megablast or staying power of YSL's offering. Also, as Odysseusm noted, it does resemble T&H's Grafton very much, but it is not as nuanced. You can spot more notes in Grafton. And I would expect this, considering the difference in price. I also like Mr Taylor's splash bottle, as opposed to the typical spray that comes with today's colognes. The splash truly magnifies the barbershop experience. The price point is nice as well. I disagree with those who say Mr Taylor's cologne does not match the shaving cream. It does to me. Some say it reminds them of their grandfathers, and that's not a bad thing. If you want to stand out a bit from wearing fragrances from the mall, try this out. The only negative aspect of this frag is that it doesn't last long. After three hours, poof! So keep a decanter with you during the day to re-up. At the Barber's copied this and Grafton.
17th January, 2017 (last edited: 19th January, 2017)
This is much like Truefitt & Hill's excellent Grafton, perhaps lacking some of that product's depth. A dusky green, herbal scent, with a salty moss dry-down.
20th June, 2016
Marais Show all reviews
A weedy fern

Basically, a watery, pale green fougere beefed-up a bit by the addition of some spices (nutmeg and cinnamon) and tarragon. The opening, which is fresh, green and citric is the best bit. For the first hour there is just about enough greenery for this to pass muster as a fougere (which is how 'Mr Taylor' describes it). Then it becomes more of a generic Everyman's cologne spicy cedar. About 3 hours in, all that remains is a very light musky skin scent. Not abysmal but certainly below par.

Pros: Not unpleasant
Cons: Not very interesting"

24th July, 2013
Very old fashioned. At first, it smells like gin. Wear it for a while and you'll smell like the back of an old coat closet. The soap with the same scent is lovely.
16th May, 2009

Add your review of Mr Taylor

Shop for Mr Taylor products online

Member images of Mr Taylor

There are no member images of Mr Taylor yet. Why not be the first?