On first application with this fragrance you get the smell of lemon and oranges with the glorious smell of neroli. You can tell they are using real oils in this scent as it smells fantastic.
These citrus notes then become more masculine with a hint of Patchouli in the mix. Which is soon joined by light woods and musk.
I have to say it's a simple fragrance but quite addictive. I'm quite smitten with this scent. It's a very barbershop scent as it was intended to be but quite good as well.
Simplicity done very well!
09th July, 2016 (last edited: 16th July, 2016)
At the intersection of many, eventuallly unique.
It reminds me a lot of nice memories: Jaguar for men, Lacoste Original, and due to the floral character, sometime of CK one.
well cooked indeed :-D
Very good this, one of Taylor's best. A classical style eau de cologne with florals, given legs by a musky/woody/light patch drydown. Everything here is well-proportioned. It reminds me of D R Harris' Mayfair, which is similar but louder and more clumsily constructed (chef's hand slipped when adding the musk). I imagine it might suit the 'beaks' more than the pupils. Incidentally, the shaving cream is top notch too.
What the Taylor’s website says about the fragrance : a beautiful masculine fragrance with dominant citrus lemon notes combined with fruity citrus notes of orange and mandarin. All this is blended with gentle floral notes that rest on a base of warm patchouli. Contains Lemon oil and Patchouli oil.
In my opinion, this is a good fragrance for a young gentleman and an older one also.
- Taylor is a true Jermyn street barber,
- The fragrance is really also sold at Eton College,
- The fragrance is really not expensive (18.95 £) but not a cheap one, made in England and with a gentlemanly bottle. These bottles are the same than certain from Parfumeurs et Maître Gantiers or Annick Goutal,
- There are many complementary products and that is important : soaps, shaving cream…,
- For an older gentleman, this is a very nice summer fragrance, very fresh and floral,
- I can wear it for the office and at the club, this not an intrusive fragrance.
You can go for it, for these reasons it is a good choice.
N.B : I also wear Penhaligon’s fragrances for the winter.
Strange - Odd - Unusual - Metallic -
I would put it in the Jicky categorie - you love it or hate it !!
Going in different directions between the freshness and the spices and a tad sweet.
I like fragrances that are odd or out of the mould.
Winter - evening - standing out.
Deserves a try -
I like it !!