Himalaya (2002)

About Himalaya

Himalaya is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2002

Himalaya fragrance notes

Reviews of Himalaya

My wife likes this on me but I'm not too keen and always turn to my Aventus, which, incidentally, she says gives her a headache! (at least the early bottles did).
It's a fresh fragrance that has little longevity or sillage on my skin after the first 30 mins.
12th September, 2016
Holiday scents #1 - Creed Himalaya

Goes on very faint at first, with little to report in the way of any notes at all. (To be fair, I have noticed something similar in scents of a comparable character and note profile in the hot conditions under which I am testing this "holiday" series.) However, after a short time, the scent reappears and its true characteristics emerge.

Himalaya is of a Terre d'Hermes type for the first several hours, all citrus and musk with a slightly sour edge. This, though, has more of an aquatic feel about it, and the best appreciation I can express is that it is an "aquatic musk" type, with some added citrus, possibly verbena and a touch of vetiver. Later on, well into the drydown, the whole ensemble becomes smoother and more civilised, with everything approaching a rough edge wearing off.

Given the non-existent opening, I applied the entirety of a 1ml sample at a single go, and this seemed not to be over the top. Himalaya simply doesn't seem to be something you can over-apply too easily.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to like this given my scepticism towards the Creed range, but this is really rather pleasant, and given the universal acclaim from the Funwithfrags family, this has thereby earned a thumbs up. Really, it's not that different in an olfactory sense from a hundred things at all points of the market, but the quality is evident and given the chance, comes to the fore. I'm not sure I will ever be flush enough to work down a wish-list to the point where I will buy this, but a good effort nonetheless.
07th August, 2016 (last edited: 09th August, 2016)
It' s expensive and nothing special. Simular to Tenere ( Paco Rabanne ) . Not worth the price. Overrated.
03rd August, 2016 (last edited: 05th August, 2016)
I tried Himalaya for the first time today. It was a different experience that I expected. The opening was not as enjoyable as I was anticipating. It seemed more sweet, where I was expecting a citrus/grapefuit opening. There was almost an Amouage vibe to it, and I'm not very fond of the Amouage line so far. But...then...things got better. Himalaya becomes a wonderful fragrance in the dry down. Such a pleasant experience that it completely turned things around for me. I will wear it several more times before I commit to buying a bottle, but it's certainly caught my attention.
30th March, 2016
Lot number A3913X01 is a pretty solid batch. The citrus top notes blend well with the bergamot. You can barely tell it's bergamot, but its faint and ties everything in well. If a fragrance has Sandalwood, it's in my wardrobe. If a fragrance has sandalwood and cedar, it will be on my skin a LOT. I love how these two notes work together.

Side note - I sprayed this not too long ago, and my cat is hanging out in the area I sprayed it with his nose in the air smelling it. He loves it, so I love it

This is a great night scent. I will be mixing this with Bois Du Portugal often. The bergamot really ties everything together very well
02nd February, 2016
Amazing. Really takes you to a heavily-forested, ice-capped mountain. I vastly prefer it to the (in my opinion) over-hyped Aventus. Very possibly my favorite Creed scent.
23rd January, 2016

Add your review of Himalaya

Shop for Himalaya products online

Shop for Himalaya at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Himalaya