Brit for Men (2004)

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    90ml EdT

Reviews of Brit for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 183 reviews.

docbejo's avatar
    docbejo

Awesome fragrance.Twas a blind buy but glad to have it.very sophisticated, fresh rosy woodsy smell with superb dry down.feel fresh.

15 February, 2014

rickbr's avatar
    rickbr
    Brazil Brazil

It's curious sometimes to re-sample fragrances you haven't liked so much because the results can be tottaly different from your previous impressions. I remembered Brit Men as a fresh fragrance with something acquatic that didn't last on skin more than two hours. For some reason, i couldn't detect the synthetic base that's clear to me now and i don't notice now anything acquatic anymore. On some places they listed cucumber as part of the notes which i'm not detecting on my skin. The pyramid used here makes more sens to me, altough i would say that i don't get each note individually. It seems to me much more like a modern, fine tuned concoction of fresh, spicy and woody notes that works and it's pleasant to smell.

01st January, 2014

scentgent's avatar
    scentgent

Pass

Top notes burn pretty quickly. The middle notes consists almost entirely of spice and roses. The base of tonka bean gives this a vanilla vibe. I feel that this scent burns off pretty quickly, giving me 3-4 hours of use.

Never gotten compliments from this. It isn't that this is a bad fragrance, its just that there is nothing really that good about it. Nothing masculine in the notes. Smells pleasant, but not that great. Never "got action" from this. This is one of my fragrances where I would say you need to be under 25 for it to work. Or if you come off as metrosexual. Just my opinion.

Pros: Versatile in colder weather
    Cons: Lacks longevity, projection, and compliments"

29 September, 2013

Jasman's avatar
    Jasman

Can't say I get a tonka bean fragrance from this one, but that's not a complaint. For me, it opens with a huge ginger bomb riding on that mandarin orange, then softens after about 10 minutes into a woodsy talcum powder scent that lasts about five hours before fading to a skin scent.

I like it a lot more for hot weather than for cold temperatures, thanks to that talcum powder.

14 May, 2013

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

There was a time when Brit was quite influential (Pi Neo is one obvious example of a post-Brit fragrance) in taking the Le Male route and subverting it by adding a dose of spice. There is a slightly chalky, inedible vanillic aspect to Brit but I don't categorize this as a powder scent (see Canoe for a reference powder). Against my usual predilections, I do like Brit for Men well enough, although as some others have opined, it's too simplistic to be a daily wear and in hot weather or if over-applied it will be cloying.

31st March, 2013

NathanBradley's avatar
    NathanBradley

This has to be my all time favorite. I never get sick of smelling this. It's more of a winter time scent for me as it reminds me of Christmas. It's so comforting to spray this on. It's like a warm blanket. The only complaint would be it doesn't last as long as I would like. It needs to be stronger. But this is an EXCELLENT fragrance. And I think the packaging is very cool and classic. A+.

27 March, 2013