Denim Musk (1982)

HouseDenim

About Denim Musk

Denim Musk is a masculine fragrance by Denim. The scent was launched in 1982

Reviews of Denim Musk

I really like it. Unfortunately, because I detest vanilla and it's vile smell...I totally focused on that note. I shouldn't but I cannot help it, and it kinda ruined it for me, since I found the vanilla too prominent. In fact, it would've made sense to replace the vanilla in favor of MUSK (yes, the frag does not contain musk..). This current formula was a bit disappointing.
BUT, because of leakage, I had to replace the atomizer. Now, since it's such a cheapie I couldn't resist taking advantage of the ol' switcharoo, and added certain amounts of mint EO, Bergamot EO, patchouli EO and a few drops of pure oakmoss extrait. The frag is now smooth and rounded with a damp green sharpness, the moss now has a strangle-hold on the vanilla, turning down the gagging sweetness, and together with the castoreum and wood relays a warm mossy/musky base (as it should have). Lovely stuff. Not something I would do to a vintage, though!
Fwiw, the correct note-pyramid is:

Top: Mint, Bergamot, Lemon.
Heart: Patchouli, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang.
Base: Sandalwood, Castoreum, Vanilla, Oakmoss.

(I uploaded a photo of my bottle w/ 'new' sprayer+collar, obtained from an empty bottle of Basile Uomo)

28th January, 2019
Denim Musk is perhaps an improvement on the original Denim formula. Like Darvant's review notes it has a mild minty top blended with lavender above a woody, mossy and light patchouli base. I don't discern any leather notes, this is a mossy-based scent. It has a mere tinge of the rubberiness evident in many musk-based scents; far less so than Brut's Musk. The coumarin, geraniol etc aromas pop through regularly, giving that slightly generic aftershave smell at times.

However, the mint freshens everything up and blends well will the lavender. Like Denim original it's not sophisticated in the way higher-end scents are, but for the price it is very good indeed.
14th April, 2016
Surprisingly potent and good for a cheapie. An earthy patchouli smell. Very nice.
10th February, 2013
I'm a noob in basenotes had blind bought Denim musk. Too bad this one isn't for me. I had memories of smelling this scent on older people gives me auto rejection to this scent (especially the top notes). Anyway I grew up in the 90's fascinated with CK Eternity and Cool Water. Base notes not reallly bad though and longevity admirable.
14th April, 2012
Denim Musk is a more woodsy-musky (smoother) variation of the original Denim's version. It starts with a sort of minty and aromatic whiff which fades in to a woody (forest-like) and leathery aroma with a masculine and boise touch of musk. This soothing warmer ingredient affords soapy modernity to the juice.
29th June, 2011 (last edited: 17th February, 2018)
You know what I thought, there is no DENIM
Cologne..Right now am in Singapore, 16hrs and ( two plane rides away from home) and am actually holding a bottle of DENIM COLOGNE!! NOT the AFTERSHAVE!(by the way that's not what i came for) I only cased the frag joints looking for something new or old, hey its new to me if Ive never tried it before! I admit it surprised me as a cologned, stronger, great longevity etc etc what more can i say read Ken Russel's Review if you don't believe me.
10th July, 2007

Add your review of Denim Musk

Shop for Denim Musk products online

End Date: Friday Apr-3-2020 11:31:41 PDT
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

6 x 50ml PDT MILTON LLOYD AFTERSHAVES AROMA DI JEAN.

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 8:14:53 PDT