parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto (2002)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto information

Year of Launch2002

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto

I tried Avignon, but it was far too on-the-nose for a recovering Catholic, so I put that little thurible down straight away.

After that, Kyoto opened the church doors on to a pine forest in the mist, the trees fading from dark green to blue to a white horizon. I could shelter in that forest all day and enjoy the resin, and the smoke from a small woodstove and the steam of the coffee on top, with no impatience at all for the mist to clear. But it doesn't last that long. I like it best on a scarf or cuff, so I can have my little shelter back with a sniff later on.
15th August, 2018
I get incense , but it's the freshest and most gentle incense I think I've ever smelled...very delicate sense of smokiness....nice nuances of woodiness...very mild projection , but I thinks this fits the nature of this fragrance...bottled meditation/mindfullness...gets a touch resiny as it moves along...very nice...I wear this for relaxing , kicking back , enjoying the smell and listening to some deep soothing music...namaste...
28th April, 2018
The Assassin by Hsiao-Hsien Hou 2015
04th April, 2018
In Kyoto’s quiet, grey-green embrace, I’m a pale, drifting, spectral wisp, untethered from my scattered brain and uncomfortable human shape. I’ll never be without it!
01st November, 2017
Wasn't initially certain about this one upon receiving it in a sampler pack of "Incense Fragrances." To me, Kyoto wears more like a straight Oriental Floral versus an Incense fragrance. Despite not being what I expected and as time wore on, I grew to adore this scent.

It's funny 'cause upon application, I essentially smell nothing, really...blank space...it's odd. Within a few minutes, a blanket of pine forest grassy green takes over, which isn't at all my thing. Soon afterward, a combination of resins, amber, vanilla, some smoke, woody teak, etc rises...but not a lot of incense. Frankly, the wafts of smokiness managing to rise are almost offensive...ashtray like.

But the hours and hours of dry-down are my favorite development. On me, Kyoto morphs into the sweetest, subtlest resinous woody floral one might imagine. The fragrance is almost ethereal and meditative. Wafts of amber, teak, sandalwood combined with everlasting flower play for hours...some patchouli. Truly the beautifully balanced sum or combination of the parts is what works for me.

Not yet certain but this may be full-bottle worthy at a cost of approximately $95 for 50 mls (1.6 ozs).

Surprisingly, I like this fragrance a lot. In many ways, CdG Kyoto reminiscently reminds me of Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental, a fragrance I loved 'til it was discontinued (may be in reproduction).
10th May, 2016
Future Jason:

You definitely smell the smokey incense that others have described here. When you first put this on, you also found yourself getting hungry, because there was a definite curry vibe going on. And then, of all things, soap. All of which came together in a way you enjoyed very much. On your skin, it projected better than other people seemed to experience. Maybe you're special.

Get more than a sample of this, if you can ever afford it.

07th January, 2016

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto