parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto (2002)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto information

Year of Launch2002

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto

Wasn't initially certain about this one upon receiving it in a sampler pack of "Incense Fragrances." To me, Kyoto wears more like a straight Oriental Floral versus an Incense fragrance. Despite not being what I expected and as time wore on, I grew to adore this scent.

It's funny 'cause upon application, I essentially smell nothing, really...blank space...it's odd. Within a few minutes, a blanket of pine forest grassy green takes over, which isn't at all my thing. Soon afterward, a combination of resins, amber, vanilla, some smoke, woody teak, etc rises...but not a lot of incense. Frankly, the wafts of smokiness managing to rise are almost offensive...ashtray like.

But the hours and hours of dry-down are my favorite development. On me, Kyoto morphs into the sweetest, subtlest resinous woody floral one might imagine. The fragrance is almost ethereal and meditative. Wafts of amber, teak, sandalwood combined with everlasting flower play for hours...some patchouli. Truly the beautifully balanced sum or combination of the parts is what works for me.

Not yet certain but this may be full-bottle worthy at a cost of approximately $95 for 50 mls (1.6 ozs).

Surprisingly, I like this fragrance a lot. In many ways, CdG Kyoto reminiscently reminds me of Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental, a fragrance I loved 'til it was discontinued (may be in reproduction).
10th May, 2016
Future Jason:

You definitely smell the smokey incense that others have described here. When you first put this on, you also found yourself getting hungry, because there was a definite curry vibe going on. And then, of all things, soap. All of which came together in a way you enjoyed very much. On your skin, it projected better than other people seemed to experience. Maybe you're special.

Get more than a sample of this, if you can ever afford it.

07th January, 2016
Once again, I am very impressed with another CdG Series 3! This is the brightest and freshest of the series, for me. I agree with the comments that this is a meditative fragrance. Sadly, it does not last long on me…same went for Avignon. This is pure pleasure to wear, and seems to brighten and uplift my energy. If there is such thing as “fresh” incense, this is it. Thumb up.
23rd December, 2015
I enjoy wearing this pleasant, soft scent. It is dry and light, though unfortunately I get none of the smoke and incense feel from this one, unfortunately my skin turns it into a soft, very sweet, light fruity musk scent.
Too sweet for me unfortunately.
23rd August, 2015
Gorgeous, minimalist scent. Light but appreciable sillage and an austere feeling.
22nd June, 2015
Kyoto is a very dry, austere incense fragrance. Sometimes even ethereal. Upon application one immediately senses a cloud of incense over some greens and faint woods. It is subtle, vaguely warm and cool at the same time, and stark. While I appreciate the composition, I find it too abstract and minimal for my tastes. Almost a skin scent, and longevity is average.
18th March, 2015