Geir (2000)

About Geir

Geir is a masculine fragrance by Geir Ness. The scent was launched in 2000

Geir fragrance notes

Reviews of Geir

A supreme thumbs up on Geir Ness EDP!! A really mature scent that elicits compliments. Reminds me of Allure Homme Sport, yet cleaner, crisper, a bit more refined. (Lise Watier Neiges has a similar vibe.) The watery, herbal mix drives me wild, and this one is a go-to for me on special occasions. I got my second bottle from Nordstrom's, and see myself using it up too! ;-)
27th October, 2016
Just read every review of this looking for someone to mention a similarity to AdG but looks like I'm the only one getting that? Oh well, maybe my nose is playing tricks but AdG with extra vanilla is what Geir reminds me of in the opening. I do get Allure Homme Sport as it dries down, but again, AdG was my first thought. Geir has more of that cool, watery, airiness that AdG has, to me, in the beginning and then its all Allure Homme Sport after an hour or two.
29th September, 2016
Geir starts out as a sweet, fruity-green scent in roughly the same genre as Creed’s Green Irish Tweed or Davidoff’s Cool Water. In fact, the first time I sprayed it on, I thought to myself: “Oh, GIT v2.0!” The opening accord is similarly fresh and pleasant, if a bit more reserved and woodsy. The similarity in mood persists for a while but Geir, to its credit, begins to move in its own direction.

The woods that sneak around in the opening become more dominant as the scent develops, entering darker, drier territory than the top notes ventured into. After the first hour or so, a smooth, resinous conifer note steps in to add a hint of the forest to the heart accord. Sillage and projection are both moderate, and the woody and ever-so-slightly mossy drydown is gratifyingly lasting. Geir remains a very safe, pleasant fragrance throughout, and while there’s not a whit of originality to it, it is easy to wear in any season or setting.
14th June, 2014
Very average.

Geir Ness is like sticking your nose in a bouquet of roses. There is a bit of added sweetness, but overall this is almost exactly what it smells like. Didn't get great longevity or projection out of Geir Ness. This is probably by design and a good thing for this fragrance. Can't say I would ever wear this or recommend this. For myself this is a very very feminine fragrance. Also, I don't see any comparison to Allure Homme Sport or Joop Jump. Geir Ness is all about the flowers.

Pros: Pleasant scent.
Cons: Not much too it. Doesn't last or project."

21st July, 2013
Nice, fresh, light "etherial" smell. Not convinced of its longevity as it's spotty. Doesn't really blow me away in any way, but if you are looking for a very light, pleasant, flowery scent, this one you should take a look at.
12th May, 2013
del Show all reviews
Geir is a floral scent that smells fresh, clean, and pleasant. It also has some element of coolness and sweetness to it. When wearing this, I imagine myself lying in a grassy field around brightly-colored flowers on a sunny and breezy day of pre-Spring season. Comforting and relaxing.

The longevity is pretty good. Despite of its softness, I keep getting whiffs of it for five, six straight hours, before it sits on skin the rest of the way.

Thumbs up for Geir; it’s the kind of scent you’ll never get tired of smelling.
21st April, 2013

Add your review of Geir

Shop for Geir products online

Shop for Geir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Geir

Member images of Geir

There are no member images of Geir yet. Why not be the first?