Acqua Classica (1880)
    by Borsari 1870

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 50 ratings

Acqua Classica information

Acqua Classica is a men's fragrance by Borsari 1870. The scent was launched in 1880

Shop for Acqua Classica products online

Reviews of Acqua Classica

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar

For years this was my go to summer citrus scent. It felt eminently sophisticated and masculine and has been around at this writing for 135 years, which attests to its success over the past century plus.

There is a burst of Sicilian Lemon at the opening and it is truly bracing and joyous. My nose tended not to pick up any dry down for many years and it is only now that I can perceive it. It is a dry, slightly bitter, oud-like dry down, which I now find most unpleasant.

My nasal development over years of scent exposure makes this no longer a scent I love or even like, but this is due to the changes in me, not the scent, one of the most deservedly successful and popular summer and citrus scents of all time.

Every man should try this and make up his own mind.

17th March, 2015

sophywt's avatar

China China

It's a very fresh and simple cologne with strong juicy citrus opening, more orange than lime to me, and spiced with ginger. It's strange that not many people mention the strong presence of ginger, which gives the cologne some chill feeling mixed with its spicy aspect. Later it becomes herbal, mixed with a fainted floral notes(might be Geranium) and then a smoky woody/mossy base (it becaome more smoky on my hair than on skin).

This is not a complicated one, but its simplity somehow makes people feel friendly. I saw some peole compare it with some cologne from Acqua di Parma which I also tested before, the biggest difference between the two is, Acqua di Parma makes me feel tense, it refused to "melt" on my skin, as if i was rejected, while Borsari is totally easy-going.

20th July, 2014

PerfumeCollector's avatar

One of my favorites "Colonias", the opening is the most natural citric scent I have ever experienced, it feels like you are actually smelling lemons and oranges, more lemon than orange IMO. after a few minutes I get a "grassy" note reminiscent of "Heno de Pravia" but with a hint of spicyness making it less dry than HdP. The drydown is excellent, I get mostly woods but do not get the leather note some people mentions here.
    Sillage and logevity are better than average, but nothing extraordinary.
    A first class fragrance, made with high quality raw materials, blended to its perfection and sold aat a very affordable price.

16th April, 2012

bFlay's avatar

Opens with a dried, predominantly lemon, citrus scent that dries down to a distinct character of stagnant water - perhaps mop water with lemon PineSol cleanser? This mellows to a more obvious herbal/citrus fragrance that is pungent without being concentrated or sweet. At the base is a synthetic leather/tobacco note that is fleeting. Whole thing dissipates within 4-6 hours leaving one to debate with themselves if this is a fragrance worth having in a collection. Odd.

25th February, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar

This is a very typical Italian EdC at probably EdT strength on me. Citrus opening with a hint of herbs to it. Progresses fairly linearly with some geranium appearing in the heart and musk and oakmoss in the base, though citrus is present throughout. Though marked an EdC, I definitely get pretty good longevity out of this and much more so than AdP. I love these both and lean one way or the other depending on my mood, but given the price point of Borsari this is almost a no brainer buy. Excellent value and juice all around.

24th October, 2011

's avatar

Classica is a clean, fresh citrus with lemon/orange followed by sandalwood. It's rather inexpensive, which is a plus, but the EdC is extremely short lasting.
    As I've come to wear AC over time, I think it is more of a mature scent, perhaps better suited for the older fragrance wearer, but that may just be my opinion. Probably worth a try at least.

08th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02nd May, 2012)

Add your review of Acqua Classica

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID

Member images of Acqua Classica

There are no member images of Acqua Classica yet. Why not be the first?