Acqua Classica (1880)
    by Borsari 1870

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 50 ratings

Acqua Classica information

Acqua Classica is a men's fragrance by Borsari 1870. The scent was launched in 1880

Shop for Acqua Classica products online

100ml Cologne
    $33.04*
    100ml Cologne
    (*converted from GBP 19.75)

Reviews of Acqua Classica

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

PerfumeCollector's avatar

One of my favorites "Colonias", the opening is the most natural citric scent I have ever experienced, it feels like you are actually smelling lemons and oranges, more lemon than orange IMO. after a few minutes I get a "grassy" note reminiscent of "Heno de Pravia" but with a hint of spicyness making it less dry than HdP. The drydown is excellent, I get mostly woods but do not get the leather note some people mentions here.
    Sillage and logevity are better than average, but nothing extraordinary.
    A first class fragrance, made with high quality raw materials, blended to its perfection and sold aat a very affordable price.

16 April, 2012

bFlay's avatar

Opens with a dried, predominantly lemon, citrus scent that dries down to a distinct character of stagnant water - perhaps mop water with lemon PineSol cleanser? This mellows to a more obvious herbal/citrus fragrance that is pungent without being concentrated or sweet. At the base is a synthetic leather/tobacco note that is fleeting. Whole thing dissipates within 4-6 hours leaving one to debate with themselves if this is a fragrance worth having in a collection. Odd.

25 February, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar

This is a very typical Italian EdC at probably EdT strength on me. Citrus opening with a hint of herbs to it. Progresses fairly linearly with some geranium appearing in the heart and musk and oakmoss in the base, though citrus is present throughout. Though marked an EdC, I definitely get pretty good longevity out of this and much more so than AdP. I love these both and lean one way or the other depending on my mood, but given the price point of Borsari this is almost a no brainer buy. Excellent value and juice all around.

24 October, 2011

Amos Jolthead's avatar

Classica is a clean, fresh citrus with lemon/orange followed by sandalwood. It's rather inexpensive, which is a plus, but the EdC is extremely short lasting.
    As I've come to wear AC over time, I think it is more of a mature scent, perhaps better suited for the older fragrance wearer, but that may just be my opinion. Probably worth a try at least.

08 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 May, 2012)

JonB's avatar

I find Acqua Classica to be a fairly long lasting, somewhat earthy, musty lemon scent. Pretty simple, with little progression. I don't think Acqua di Parma has anything to worry about. It's inexpensive though, so it may be worth a try. For me it's too musty smelling to enjoy.

06 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 01st April, 2011)

MHV's avatar

I was really hoping for a more affordable Acqua di Parma, and was close to being fulfilled, but there's a "fresh" note that's really bugging me, because it smells slightly synthetic and rough. Otherwise, on the citrus front, it's good, but the fresh note turned me off.

30th January, 2011

Add your review of Acqua Classica

Search for on eBay United States

ACQUA CLASSICA BORSARI PARMA 100 ML EDT SPRAY BY BORSARI 1870
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 7 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)