Ajaccio Violets (1995)
    by Geo F Trumper

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 50 ratings

Ajaccio Violets information

Ajaccio Violets is a men's fragrance by Geo F Trumper. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Ajaccio Violets

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

I am a moderate fan of Geo Trumper's products, but Ajaccio Violets is just a huge "no" for me. Basically it's a depressingly cheap rose-violet-powdery eau de toilette, loudly and clumsily synthetic, which smells like any rose lotion you can buy at the supermarket. It's not stinky, but rather dull and desperately mediocre.

4,5-5/10

26th September, 2014

bFlay's avatar

This is one of those fragrances you have to live with for a while in order to really assess it. Violet blasts forth upon application for an hour afterward. Very slight green aquatic quality, but also a vaguely dry wine accord that I am ambivalent about. Succeeds as a masculine floral to be sure, but certainly not a "one size fits all". Lasts perhaps 5-7 hours on skin/clothes.

05th March, 2013

Jack Hunter's avatar

I like this one straight off the bat, its a mens violet floral straight up. Its distinct and has personality as I have never smelled a straight up violet fragrance before. It reminded me of my childhood and eating those violet candy sweets.

This cologne stands out to my nose and has character. A violet cologne for a man, this is very delightful to my nose. I like this a lot because its unusual but easy to wear.

14th January, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar

Another of trumpers that you get exactly what it says on the front of the bottle. A sharp and purple violet leaf and flower. Pretty linear and very strong from the get go, but settles down and dies after 4-5 hours. While this is a masculine floral it is far too much for me and the only one from trumpers that I couldn’t wait to wash off.

24th September, 2011

Redbeard's avatar

Reminds me of my very early days with Royal Bain de Caron, but this is just a very pure violet, no candy or wine. It's crisp and purple, with a wet, cooling, almost Gendarme-like air about it during the top notes. Toward the middle, I start to pick up on what I guess is a rather Edwardian-feeling rose...possibly drifting toward more feminine territory. Up close, you might confuse this component for a sachet of dried flower petals in the type of store that sells victorian dolls, ornate candlesticks, and wooden plaques with country witticisms to hang in your kitchen, but it doesn't last long. Overall I like it, and I consider it a worthy masculine floral. For a while, the slight overbearing quality at the beginning of each sniff gives me reservations, but fortunately by the end, the Gendarme-ism is back and it gets cleaner and greener, like Gendarme Green, which redeems it. I agree that it's less harsh than Grey Flannel, and I can't help but favor the 1.7 oz bottle of this stuff over the 4 (6? 8?) oz. oil-drum size that Gendarme Green comes in.

14th April, 2011

laurent's avatar

It is so floral classic and so Violet-y that I will actually put it in a Modern Goth style !!!! yes I do !!!!!

(I can see you frowning)

I actually like the stuff - yes I could imagine that the style would even suit some rock and roll white faced punk !!!

Very unusual and different it is classic with a big C super soft shirt and tailored suit...

......then again I can see some dark rebelion in it is lovely Violet juice - by contrast of course - a little bit like Billy Idol swearing only by L'ombre dans l'eau !!!!

I dare the young ones to wear Violets with their piercings and dark T shirts - Now that's cool !!!

super thumbs up !!!

15th August, 2010

Add your review of Ajaccio Violets

Search for on eBay United States

Geo F. Trumper Ajaccio Violets Cologne 100ml
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)