Eau Lente (1986)

HouseDiptyque
PerfumerDesmond Knox-Leet
Parent CompanyManzanita

About Eau Lente

Eau Lente is a shared / unisex perfume by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 1986 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Desmond Knox-Leet

Eau Lente fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Lente

Genre: Oriental

Eau Lente starts out smelling like an Indian curry - straight garam masala. Happily, within moments it reveals an opopanax heart that prevents it from continuing as a South Asian lunch buffet. Once the opopanax asserts itself, it dominates the scent completely, with controlled bursts of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and coriander occuring from time to time. Otherwise it's pretty linear all the way through.

Eau Lente is beautiful, but surely it's not for everyone. If you like Diptyque's opopanax candle (as I do), you're going to love this. If opopanax is not your thing, you can forget about it.
13th June, 2014
Herbal medicines and spices in an old woodbox - centuries old, stuffed in a Medieval alchemist worshop. The grandmother of Esprit du Tigre by Heeley. If you like herbal/dry woody scents, this is an essential!

7,5/10
30th January, 2014 (last edited: 05th April, 2014)
This one although a little spicy, is on the feminine side with none of delicious warm masculine spice notes of say a Tauer Eau d'Epices.
Very linear with little to recommend it. Best part of it is that I bought a sample rather than a whole bottle.
13th December, 2013
Spicy cinnamon with cloves that wants to make you sneeze is what I'm getting off the top. This becomes sweeter and starts to smell like hand cream.

Not for me.
09th February, 2013
Like a cup of hot, spicy Indian chai, L’Eau Lente is the perfect fragrance to warm you up in a freezing day.
The opening is nose searing, with a sharp blast of the volatile, almost minty and camphoraceous facets of spices- cloves and cinnamon prominently. Then the fragrance veers towards sweeter and balmier territories with the plushy, woody, warm notes of cinnamon intertwining with the emerging opoponax. The drydown sees the opoponax starring on a spicy carpet for many, many hours.
To put it simply- a wonderful fragrance.

28th January, 2013
On my skin, the strident cinnamon and spices came out strongly and aggressively, and took an hour and a half before they mellowed enough to become something I could live with. The drydown is nicely spicy amber and my favorite part, but there are other more modulated spice scents I prefer as a whole than this one.
Eau Lente sort of choruses the first hour on me, and lacks the subtle hand with spice I prefer. It's made worse by the choice of cinnamon, which isn't my favorite spice for a fragrance. For some, I see the power of this huge spice presence working, a bold invigorating splash. But it doesn't on me. I appreciate its lack of powder, which renders it clean and clear, but this one is too 'spice market' for me to love.
22nd January, 2013 (last edited: 05th December, 2013)

Add your review of Eau Lente

Shop for Eau Lente products online

Shop for Eau Lente at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau Lente

Member images of Eau Lente

There are no member images of Eau Lente yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Eau Lente