Philosykos (1996)

HouseDiptyque
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyManzanita

About Philosykos

Reminiscent of a Greek summery day

Philosykos fragrance notes

Reviews of Philosykos

Philosykos was my first serious fragrance ever, bought (along with Borneo) in a tiny perfume shop in Rome, and I think my hands trembled a bit when I handed over my credit card. That was back in the days when I wouldn’t have dreamed of spending more than $40 on a single bottle of perfume, of course.

But from first sniff, Philosykos was the joy of summer in a bottle for me – the vivid, green fig leaf, paired with the milky sap of the fruit itself just made me feel instantly happy. It still does. In fact, I sometimes spray it on in winter, to bring a little bit of summer back into my cold, dark house. But Philosykos truly comes alive under the heat of a summer sun, because the heat of the sun, combined with the heat of your skin, bring out all the warm, coconutty, milky, figgy, sappy, green, salty, and woody aspects of this wonderful scent.

I always think of Philosykos as being a casual sort of scent – the kind of laid-back, feel-good fragrance you wear with jeans and sneakers you could happily wear on a day out to the beach with your family, or to a cook-out with your closest friends. It has that sort of affability about it.

It's also very simple and blunt and naturalistic in that Diptyque style, so if you're looking for something edgy or full of shadows, you're not going to find them here. But sometimes you just want to get figgy with it, and Philosykos is a good 'un.
21st June, 2015
very low duration, quiet silloage..the persistent linear shadow of fig...to me, boring all the way down
30th April, 2015
If you don't like green fragrances, stay away. Smells like a genuine fig tree. This also reminds me of my aunt and mom's garden in the south. Cedar smooths things out in this giant green monster. I prefer the EDP version for better projection and longevity. 8/10
22nd April, 2015 (last edited: 23rd April, 2015)
I own Marc Jacobs for Men, which is a fig and floral scent that I like and wanted to try Philoykos based on all the excellent reviews. Philosykos is more pure fig and cedar, and it's much more of a masculine scent than MJ. The first time I tried Philosykos the weather was cool and I didn't get a whole lot from it. I finally went back to it on an 85 degree Florida day, and the difference was amazing. Philosykos is a beautiful fig, with a light background of cedar that would be perfect for summer office wear. Projection is still on the lighter side, but I think that must be true of fig based scents, as MJ is also a very light fragrance.

A fantastic summer fragrance option that needs to be worn in the right conditions to be fully appreciated. I've ordered a bottle before summer.
05th March, 2015 (last edited: 14th April, 2015)
Philosykos is a beautiful green fragrance (EDP). The opening is a blast of deep, rich fig with green notes. I do not smell any coconut here. It dries down to be warm and subtle though. It makes me feel really good when I wear this. It is perfect for the hot summer days of South Florida.
23rd February, 2015
Great, all-pupose fig scent. Perfectly unisex, you can wear this to the office, on vaction, or on a casual date, and you'll probably get several compliments. It's green, slightly fruity, milky, woody, with a musky drydown. If you can't smell musk, this will seemingly vanish in the blink of an eye. the top-loaded opening is a thing of beauty, but the EDP doesn't prolong that IMO. Still, gorgeous work from one of the industry's most talented.
19th December, 2014

Add your review of Philosykos

Shop for Philosykos products online

Shop for Philosykos at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Philosykos

Member images of Philosykos

There are no member images of Philosykos yet. Why not be the first?