Oyédo (2000)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Oyédo Fragrance notes

Citrus, Limes, Thyme, Woody Notes

Oyédo information

A citrus scent with thyme and woody notes.

Shop for Oyédo products online

Reviews of Oyédo

Showing 1 to 6 of 44 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Citral and linalool, basically your dishwasher's liquid. Bit of a fail for me.

12 April, 2014

Wheatstraw2's avatar
    Wheatstraw2

In the land of audiophiles, there's sort of an intangible holy grail of accuracy and realism called "imaging". It's an attribute that is demanded of speakers and if your speakers are good at imaging, it's said that you can, via sound alone, practically "see" the musicians playing right in front of you.

If there's an olfactory equivalent to audio imaging, this fragrance may win the contest. The opening blasts forth and there's a lime, a spice rack bottle of thyme, and a tangerine right in front of you. The realism of the notes is astonishing, and they're arranged in a way, at the opening, that no one note dominates. If quality is judged by realism, then this is a high quality composition. The opening burst forth and the trio of notes all evoke familiar images, and their simultaneity disorients you a bit because your mind is trying to recall three associations at once.

Some time later, the thyme ends up dominating at the citrus fades. Ultimately, I'm just not that crazy about thyme, so this fascinating little piece of perfumeur's virtuosity isn't going to gain a place in my collection. But it really is quite an experience in artistry and you ought to give it a try just to see how good modern perfumery can get.

26 January, 2014

Janjanjan's avatar
    Janjanjan

School lunch

We've got a $90 pack of fruit snacks on our hands folks. People keep mentioning the thyme that shows up at the end of the party - this sounds worthwhile. I wish I could get past the flashbacks of middle school lunch dessert to make it there. Nope nope nope.

Pros: good memories
    Cons: I can get the same memories for $3.00 in the snack aisle @ Kroger"

04 October, 2013

Probo's avatar
    Probo

Citrus with a twist

Lovely sharp clean opening of mixed citrus, but quickly fading to creamy slightly sweet tangerine/grape soda/over-ripe melon (but more vegetal/petrol than sugary). The thyme note comes through as the citrus burns off, leaving a quiet and unexpected green/herbal finish, and after a while I'm sure there's just a hint of something very slightly skanky in there. Unusual, but that's what I like in a fragrance.

Pros: Sparkling opening burst of citrus. Quirky drydown.
    Cons: Not everyone likes thyme with their tangerines. "

23 August, 2013

iodine's avatar
    iodine

juicy coolness

Oyedo opens with an exhilarating, juicy note- it's said to be yuzu, but for me it's simply a perfect citrus, one I would never get tired smelling. The dripping citrus soon gains flesh thanks to a fruity note- tamarind, the official pyramid lists, but I must admit I have no clue of how tamarind smells- that reminds me somewhat of sweet, slightly sticky, musky grapes. The heart of the fragrance is weirdly enlightened by an aromatic, camphoraceous note of thyme, that adds a touch of iridescent, metallic greenness. The drydown is soft, fruity sweet musk- this is my less favourite part of the fragrance, I'd wish the head and mid notes would last forever... Oyedo is a fragrance I love wearing in hot weather, when it proves uplifting and refreshing. The sillage and lasting power are both quite good.

25 June, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

very different take on fresh/green/herbal? very limey and weird. for surely unisex and i guess casual. could be a comfort scent. definately not for cool/cold weather. a heady earthy scent maybe meant to be worn strictly for the user's satisfaction. not sexy at all.

15 February, 2013