Oyédo (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseDiptyque
Parent CompanyManzanita

About Oyédo

A citrus scent with thyme and woody notes.

Oyédo fragrance notes

Reviews of Oyédo

This one gives me a gag reflex; too overpowering in a medicinally-smelling manner which just comes off as being synthetically gross. Like a cucumber intermixed with dirt and some chocolate accords attached to it. Cucumber and chocolate?
28th March, 2015 (last edited: 10th April, 2015)
Citral and linalool, basically your dishwasher's liquid. Bit of a fail for me.

12th April, 2014
In the land of audiophiles, there's sort of an intangible holy grail of accuracy and realism called "imaging". It's an attribute that is demanded of speakers and if your speakers are good at imaging, it's said that you can, via sound alone, practically "see" the musicians playing right in front of you.

If there's an olfactory equivalent to audio imaging, this fragrance may win the contest. The opening blasts forth and there's a lime, a spice rack bottle of thyme, and a tangerine right in front of you. The realism of the notes is astonishing, and they're arranged in a way, at the opening, that no one note dominates. If quality is judged by realism, then this is a high quality composition. The opening burst forth and the trio of notes all evoke familiar images, and their simultaneity disorients you a bit because your mind is trying to recall three associations at once.

Some time later, the thyme ends up dominating at the citrus fades. Ultimately, I'm just not that crazy about thyme, so this fascinating little piece of perfumeur's virtuosity isn't going to gain a place in my collection. But it really is quite an experience in artistry and you ought to give it a try just to see how good modern perfumery can get.
26th January, 2014
School lunch

We've got a $90 pack of fruit snacks on our hands folks. People keep mentioning the thyme that shows up at the end of the party - this sounds worthwhile. I wish I could get past the flashbacks of middle school lunch dessert to make it there. Nope nope nope.

Pros: good memories
Cons: I can get the same memories for $3.00 in the snack aisle @ Kroger"

04th October, 2013
Probo Show all reviews
Citrus with a twist

Lovely sharp clean opening of mixed citrus, but quickly fading to creamy slightly sweet tangerine/grape soda/over-ripe melon (but more vegetal/petrol than sugary). The thyme note comes through as the citrus burns off, leaving a quiet and unexpected green/herbal finish, and after a while I'm sure there's just a hint of something very slightly skanky in there. Unusual, but that's what I like in a fragrance.

Pros: Sparkling opening burst of citrus. Quirky drydown.
Cons: Not everyone likes thyme with their tangerines. "

23rd August, 2013
juicy coolness

Oyedo opens with an exhilarating, juicy note- it's said to be yuzu, but for me it's simply a perfect citrus, one I would never get tired smelling. The dripping citrus soon gains flesh thanks to a fruity note- tamarind, the official pyramid lists, but I must admit I have no clue of how tamarind smells- that reminds me somewhat of sweet, slightly sticky, musky grapes. The heart of the fragrance is weirdly enlightened by an aromatic, camphoraceous note of thyme, that adds a touch of iridescent, metallic greenness. The drydown is soft, fruity sweet musk- this is my less favourite part of the fragrance, I'd wish the head and mid notes would last forever... Oyedo is a fragrance I love wearing in hot weather, when it proves uplifting and refreshing. The sillage and lasting power are both quite good.

25th June, 2013

Add your review of Oyédo

Shop for Oyédo products online

Shop for Oyédo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oyédo

Member images of Oyédo

There are no member images of Oyédo yet. Why not be the first?