Marc Jacobs for Men (2002)
    by Marc Jacobs

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 312 ratings

Marc Jacobs for Men information

Marc Jacobs for Men is a men's fragrance by Marc Jacobs. The scent was launched in 2002 and the bottle was designed by Bormioli Luigi

Shop for Marc Jacobs for Men products online

$81.72*
    125ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 48.85)
    $98.70*
    125ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 59.00)

Reviews of Marc Jacobs for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 81 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

Most of the fig scents I know go in one of two directions. Some emphasize the sweet, jammy aspects of the very ripe fig, while others favor the milky sap and green wood of the fig tree’s branches. To my nose, Marc Jacobs for Men follows the first path, with a sweet, mellow fig accord seasoned with very pretty floral notes. It is at once moister and softer than Jean Claude Ellena’s Un Jardin en Mediterranee for Hermes, and somewhat sweeter and less sharply focused than Olivia Giacobetti’s Philosykos.

The fig accord in Marc Jacobs for Men is less tenacious than others I have tried, so that a few minutes after application it has morphed into a very lush, soft, floral scent that’s underpinned by creamy woods. The scent stays very close to the skin, and leaves no sillage to speak of. Its floral heart grows fainter and fruitier as it develops, until, after a mere hour or two, it stops beating altogether. Pretty, this one, and very easy to wear, but with its limited projection and miserable longevity, I can’t honestly recommend it.

19 June, 2014

And-Or's avatar

Tacky Girls Have More Fun

Darvant calls this unclassy and I agree that it's tacky — but it's tacky in a fun, self-possessed way. Maybe as I become more sensitive I'll find more to fault but at this time I have to say I like it. It's fruity and sweet while not being aquatic, gourmand, or feminine. I haven't smelled anything else that does this. Apparently there are better "figs" out there but on a shelf full of sporty-this, and old-fashioned-that, this caught my attention and imagination. It's not for a cool evening at a nice restaurant, it's for beers and riding inner-tubes down the river on a hot day. It's for laughter and messy hair. Ms. Versace once said something along the lines of: it's good to have bad taste, it's having no-taste you should be worried about. However I do think the average designer-price is too much for something so campy. As with Givenchy Play Intense, I can't imagine spending much money on this (I have a sample) but if I received a bottle, or found it at a discount store, I would happily wear it. It lasts for hours on me on a sweaty summer day. I catch pleasant whiffs of it now and then. Not to be vulgar but it seems relevant to add that the first time I wore this a sexual escapade ensued within hours and I received a compliment from the guy while he made his way down my body. Maybe it is a gourmand after all!

Pros: pleasant, fun, humorous
    Cons: should be cheaper

29 June, 2013

's avatar

I agree with people saying this is boring. Yes, it is. Opening is great, but dries down to nothing but a faint cococnut and fig smell. Zero projection, zero lasting power (nothing else than 1 hour). Not worth it.

02 November, 2012

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

Tried this recently and having sprayed some on, I was taken back by the fruity opening. Wonderfully refreshing and maybe the ideal summer scent. But alas, ten minutes on and this was weaker than what we call a 'skin scent' here on BN. Why would anyone pay money for something that has the properties of tap water? Fantastic top notes makes for a great opening, but it's a thumbs down for me. Don't waste your money on this.

26 September, 2012

Redbeard's avatar

This stuff is kind of strange, and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It is indeed fig and coconut, and opens green and creamy, and not very sweet. The combination is very tropical and refreshing, but it shares some of the bug spray aspect that intrudes into my enjoyment of Tommy Bahama...just a slight chemical edge. It starts to get less green and more spicy after a few minutes, with a little bit of the rubber smell of brand new sneakers. The green foliage also starts to return, but this time it's musty and fetid, and no longer tantalizing. Fangorn forest, where the Ents live, probably smells like this. I like how the stuff never gets out of hand in terms of sweetness, but as it progresses it just gets too dirty and staid. By the end, there's a big component of soggy, rotten rubber from an old shoe, with the foliage of an office ficus trying to keep it pleasant. There are so many better fig fragrances that it's a bit of a waste of time in that arena, but it's not too bad overall.

14 May, 2012

Darvant's avatar

I use to appreciate the application of the fig note in perfumery in the recipe of fragrances in which the smell produced outside arouses a sort of powdery and sharp cloud, delicately milky (with olfactory reminiscences about almond, eliotrope or coconut), softly musky, moderately sweet and almost talky (Ferragamo Pour Homme, Ninfeo Mio Annick Goutal, Philosycos  Diptyque).  I use on the contrary to dislike the fig based concoctions that tend to turn out too much sweet, creamy, spicy and mellow (above all if we are disputing about a masculine concoction). Marc Jacobs For Men is not fenced inside one of the two up mentioned rounds of fig based concoctions in my opinion since, while it doesn't turn out particularly creamy or seasoned in its sweet coconut kind of final smell (being on the contrary enough aqueous), it smells out since the beginning overly sweet and synthetic . The sweetness is fruity and floral, the beginning is spicy and aromatic (and not particularly angular despite the usage of bergamot) while  the dry down is mossy, soapy and incensey buy still too sweet and a bit too much synthetic in my opinion. The scent itself is useless and unclassy, another olfactory failure from Jacobs.

10th March, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st December, 2013)

Add your review of Marc Jacobs for Men

• 4 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Marc Jacobs Bang EDT Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz - BRAND NEW, Large!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    MARC JACOBS MEN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 125 ML / 4.2 OZ. UNB
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    MARC JACOBS MEN .15oz-4ml EDT SPLASH MINI Eau De Toilette Cologne NEW IN BOX C81
    • Time Left: 22 days