Vermeil for Men

Vermeil for Men information

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseVermeil

About Vermeil for Men

Vermeil for Men is a masculine fragrance by Vermeil.

Reviews of Vermeil for Men

For my nose, whenever I see oakmoss in the pyramid, I recoil with caution. I should had tested this first before blind buying it (although no big loss, $13 for 3.4oz bottle).
I am a big fan of powerhouse scents -- Zino, Witness, Paul Sebastian, Krizia, Jacomo, Azzaro, Quorum, Salvador Dali PH, etc. However, this, to me, smells like a sweaty mess. I tried it three times -- last two times I simply had to wash it off after about two hours. First time, I wore it through -- the drydown takes hours and I like it actually once it settles. However, getting there, to my nose, smells like herbs soaking in poopy sweat. I get no bergamot, black currant, muguet, carnation, yling-ylang, or mandarin orange -- all supposedly present. I do get whiffs of coriander, but mostly I get oakmoss and cedar wrapped in something that smells like a person who hasn't showered in days. Too bad -- I was really looking forward to this bruiser (it is a macho bruiser, I give him that). But not a good fit for my nose. I am not thumbing it down since I sense its power.
22nd January, 2017
Oh Yes!! Although there is no indication of tobacco as a note, the collection of ingredients creates an accord of tobacco in this Masculine perfume. The opening has an astringency reminiscent of Maxim's. The sugar content is kept to a minimum by using the natural floral sweetness of Freesia, Rose, Ylang Ylang. Whispers of Fumerie Turque(pissy Currant) and Lagerfeld Cologne. Mossy, musky background creates a little earthiness and adds longevity.
Nice quality for pocket change.
15th September, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
Stardate 20160804:

An animalic powerhouse in the vein of Balenciaga PH but much more wearable.
People get tobacco I don't, I get some tea but it is all drowned by the loud sweet animalic blast.
A must for all and at $20 for 100ml for a vintage FB (I doubt there was ever a reformulation) a no brainer.

04th August, 2016
Opening is synthetic to my nose. After a hour it mellows but still smells synthetic. The dry down is fair but alas doesn't last for long. For the price I would give it a go. It is a little similar to Zino by Davidoff in the opening (Zino being A LOT smoother). Try to Enjoy.
27th January, 2016
A classy tobacco with a slight boozy twist. All around good fragrance for the money. 8/10
08th June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Tobacco and booze: a fine combination

The opening is boozy with a touch of citrus and a herbal undertone. After the first hour a very nice, deep note of mildly sweet pipe tobacco takes over, and dominates until the end. There is a transient admixture of a gentle amber, and towards the end a touch of oakmoss appears temporarily. Overall this is quite linear but well done, a confident strong scent with good silage and projection. Longevity is decent on my skin - over five hours.

28th August, 2013