Samouraï 47 (2002)
    by Alain Delon

Reviews of Samouraï 47

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

Data1001's avatar
    Data1001

Possibly the "lightest" and freshest of all the 40 or so fragrances I own -- a citrus and fruit-like blend that's very easy on the olfactories -- Samouraï 47 really grew on me over the years, even though I started off liking it well enough. Now it's a favorite for daytime wear.

31st May, 2012

foetidus

A lighter version of Samourai – quite true to the original. I like this one better because it is an easier wear. Samourai had a habit of getting cloying on me, and Samourai 47 doesn’t seem to have that problem. The notes here are quite subtle, but they are clear and non-synthetic. The opening is a well made citrus and fruit accord, the middle accord comes off as a very light cinnamon and jasmine to my nose; and for the base I get a short lived vanilla and cedar. Samourai 47 has longevity problems, and, when all is said and done, it is nicely made but quite ordinary.

27 September, 2009

xmen's avatar
    xmen
    Singapore Singapore

Who wants to smell like a ripe old plum? Well, this totally inoffensive scent will do just the tricks. Quite nice for a hot-weather wear but I really can't imagine anyone wanting to smell like a plum. So, it's my SOTD and also a scent that I'll never wear again.

05 May, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Doesn't last long and feels watered down. What I got was a boisterous opening of sweet woods and fruity notes but just dies after 2 hours. Still trying to figure out what 47 means in relation to the movie it's named after. I didn't get a bad sample either since I got it direct from the company.

23 April, 2009

funnyboy's avatar
    funnyboy

Very strange fragrance to me .On my skin the sweetness of the so called plum notes turned to rancid fruit.This ended up smelling like curry powder eventually but gladly not for too long.. I bought this blind without having tried it.Glad it was not expensive.Wondereing if it had "gone off",or was it just not me...

07 July, 2008

colago's avatar
    colago
    Poland Poland

I somehow cannot get rid of the feeling that it really stinks on me.

27 May, 2008