Desire Blue (2002)

50ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Desire Blue

Showing 1 to 6 of 36 reviews.

bloodhound.md's avatar
    bloodhound.md

I hate to.recant on anything but after a few weares of this its just ok no great . Not a head turner by any means . I still like to wear it sometimes but now im starting to get the laundry soap and babypowder thing . Its not a stink but i wouldent put this on at date night or anything special . Hay i payed for the bottle might as well use it . I would have to say the opening is great . If the whole sent stayed like the opening ide keep it thumbs up .

08 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th January, 2013)

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

great projectivity and longevity. a great aquatic/citrus hot weather scent. the orange blossom is really a kicker here along with bergamot and tonka. great if you are tired of cool water and acqua di gio...

07 November, 2012

RobbieX's avatar
    RobbieX

A fresh fruity fragrance. A lot like Silver Scent by Bogart in my opinion. Desire Blue is a good one from Dunhill

13 September, 2012

Bigtruck260's avatar
    Bigtruck260

I have always been a fan of the Dunhill line...Xcentric was my signature scent in the late 90's and early 2000's. After it became difficult to find, I switched to Desire Blue (having never owned the original Desire). Yes, it has that aquatic note - and it's a summer blue, but it is far from the familiar light blue fragrances that have become so commonplace these days. Desire Blue is powerful and different - and has musky overtones that I do not get from Versace EF, Chrome, D&G Light Blue, etc. It's super masculine and versatile. Ladies seem to love it. Great projection and all day longevity.

15 July, 2012

shamu1's avatar
    shamu1

Yes, I hate the smell of orange blossom with a passion, and Desire Blue contains A LOT of orange blossom, but for some reason it works. I am amazed that I actually like this fragrance, with its soapy sweet smell and blue color. Stuff like this is usually my idea of hell.

The reason this is so good is because everything is blended tastefully and not heavy-handedly, and the resulting smell is so uplifting and cheerful, I can't resist it. This is NOT an aquatic fragrance. It contains an aquatic note, but it's in the background, tastefully added and blended so as to merely give lightness and lift to the soapy sweetness of the orange blossom. It truly is a flanker of Desire For Man, only lighter and less sweet. Desire Blue also has a strong green smell, and added to the sweetness, it ends up smelling a lot like Greenbriar by Caswell-Massey, another good fragrance I have.

Desire Blue may not be unique at all, but it has a smell that puts a smile on my face. How can I not give it a positive rating?

MY RATING: 7.5/10

21st May, 2012

drseid's avatar
    drseid

While I find myself wearing this a lot less than I used to as my tastes have changed over the years, I still really like Desire Blue quite a bit. It is just about the only aquatic scent I can tolerate. It is sweet, but never cloyingly so and strong enough, but inoffensive allowing for all-around use. I get tremendous longevity with this one and strongly prefer it for its versatility over the original Desire (that can be quite overpowering and way too sweet, IMO). Great overall value here at the low price this one can be had at. As for the scent, I rate it a very good 3.5 stars out of 5.

12 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 January, 2013)

Add your review of Desire Blue