Average Rating: 3

Based on 26 ratings

Calypso Homme Fragrance notes

Tangerine, Lemon Tree, Hyacinth, Violet, Grapefruit, Black Currant

Calypso Homme information

Calypso Homme is a men's fragrance by Calypso St Barth [Christiane Celle]. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Calypso Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

drseid's avatar

I hear they have renamed this scent Tangerine, and now market it as unisex. That probably is a good idea, as I blind bought it when it was marketed as a male scent called Calypso Homme and found it was much more feminine smelling than I cared to wear. It is a fresh tangerine citrus blend on my skin, with a tropical sweet vibe. It is not an unpleasant scent, but difficult to wear except maybe on a tropical island on vacation. I started out giving the scent a thumbs down, but after further review, I think I will give it a weak neutral at 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5 (especially as it is now marketed for what it really is, IMO).

29th July, 2011 (Last Edited: 02nd January, 2013)

MeryMer's avatar

This one is now a unisex and called Calypso Tangerine.

And that is what it is, simply Tangerine. It has a slight green undertone, but this disappears quite quickly. It is simple, non-complex, and very light. For the summer, I wouldn't complain about smelling like fresh tangerines, but the fragrance lasted less than 2 hours and is very light.

Someone who creates more lasting power and is looking for a fun and fresh summer sent may love it. It's not very expensive and would probably work wonderfully as a young person's first "fancy" perfume, but I didn't love it.

26th July, 2010

scentsitivity's avatar

It starts with cool tangerine and morphs into a warm black currant and musk accord. To my nose the drydown has a soapy character. Not very long lasting on my skin. Worth a try, but I nothing I would buy.

11th May, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar

Effervescent describes this one perfectly -- happy, inoffensive, clean citrus frag. Still, there's nothing stellar here -- just good quality ingredients well blended together. The perfect office or classroom frag.

08th January, 2008

Naed_Nitram's avatar

Comfort me with fruits warmed by the sun. A happy scent. Good enough but hardly great.

20th May, 2006

Ronald's avatar

This one smells very nice. Definitely a marine scent, floral, with a hint of Creed Erolfa's "oily" notes. Reminds me a great deal of "Ocean" by Jalaine (Bagutta Life) which is marketed to women and comes in parfum strength, and the recently released Vintage Yachting Club for men. I would recommend Calypso over Vintage Yachting Company if you want something along these floral/fruity/nautical lines.

21st November, 2005

Add your review of Calypso Homme

Member images of Calypso Homme

There are no member images of Calypso Homme yet. Why not be the first?