Calypso Homme (2001)

Calypso Homme information

Year of Launch2001

HouseCalypso St Barth [Christiane Celle]

About Calypso Homme

Calypso Homme is a masculine fragrance by Calypso St Barth [Christiane Celle]. The scent was launched in 2001

Calypso Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Calypso Homme

drseid Show all reviews
I hear they have renamed this scent Tangerine, and now market it as unisex. That probably is a good idea, as I blind bought it when it was marketed as a male scent called Calypso Homme and found it was much more feminine smelling than I cared to wear. It is a fresh tangerine citrus blend on my skin, with a tropical sweet vibe. It is not an unpleasant scent, but difficult to wear except maybe on a tropical island on vacation. I started out giving the scent a thumbs down, but after further review, I think I will give it a weak neutral at 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5 (especially as it is now marketed for what it really is, IMO).
29th July, 2011 (last edited: 02nd January, 2013)
This one is now a unisex and called Calypso Tangerine.

And that is what it is, simply Tangerine. It has a slight green undertone, but this disappears quite quickly. It is simple, non-complex, and very light. For the summer, I wouldn't complain about smelling like fresh tangerines, but the fragrance lasted less than 2 hours and is very light.

Someone who creates more lasting power and is looking for a fun and fresh summer sent may love it. It's not very expensive and would probably work wonderfully as a young person's first "fancy" perfume, but I didn't love it.
26th July, 2010
It starts with cool tangerine and morphs into a warm black currant and musk accord. To my nose the drydown has a soapy character. Not very long lasting on my skin. Worth a try, but I nothing I would buy.
11th May, 2008
Effervescent describes this one perfectly -- happy, inoffensive, clean citrus frag. Still, there's nothing stellar here -- just good quality ingredients well blended together. The perfect office or classroom frag.
08th January, 2008
Comfort me with fruits warmed by the sun. A happy scent. Good enough but hardly great.
20th May, 2006
This one smells very nice. Definitely a marine scent, floral, with a hint of Creed Erolfa's "oily" notes. Reminds me a great deal of "Ocean" by Jalaine (Bagutta Life) which is marketed to women and comes in parfum strength, and the recently released Vintage Yachting Club for men. I would recommend Calypso over Vintage Yachting Company if you want something along these floral/fruity/nautical lines.
21st November, 2005

Add your review of Calypso Homme

Shop for Calypso Homme products online

Search Amazon for Calypso Homme

Member images of Calypso Homme

There are no member images of Calypso Homme yet. Why not be the first?