1881 Amber (2002)

PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Unilever Cosmetics International

About 1881 Amber

Available in October 2002, with notes of Violet leaves, Cedar wood, roses and clear Jasmine.

Reviews of 1881 Amber

rbaker Show all reviews
A light and pleasant ambery cedar wood with a floral drydown, mainly jasmine and a light rose. The amber as well as the whole composition is light and bright. On my skin it does not develop well and remains a bit pale, which might make is a good scent for those who want to try a very restrained and bright floral amber. The sillage is soft, the projection limited and I get around three to four hours of longevity.
06th September, 2014
A floral-ambery flanker more intense and mysterious than the original formulation. The beginning starts ozonic, green and with a melon sort of tinge may be produced by the link of violet, green pepper and ozonic accord (a sort of sweet-salty metallic accord). This is the part i almost dislike before the angular initial whiff starts to fade towards a very pleasant musky amber with a very floral heart. The duo rose-jasmine is warm and sophisticated over a woodsy musky-ambery base and the tie with amber warms up and updates the original smell. The note of vetiver, watered by an aromatic botanic  lavender linked with cedar, keeps stable the masculine and green temperament of the fragrance, preventing an excess of final warmth. Anyway the dosage of amber is not overwhelming. The dry down is pleasant although a bit conventional with its cedary/ambery vetiver (reminding more than a bit Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Sport and the new Trussardi Uomo). This cool-warm fragrance deserves attention despite the disputable irony beginning.
10th October, 2011 (last edited: 27th March, 2013)
I like this Amber version more than the Original. Its smells Sweet and that why I like this one as the Cedar really does the job. Longevity is poor, you are lucky if you get more than 2 Hours with this one, but its still worth a try. Possibly get a small Bottle.

Rating: 5/10
02nd December, 2010
dacerace Show all reviews
Well,being a fan of 1881,I wanted to try this....and it is different altogether from the original.It's nice,fresh smelling,fruity/cough candy....and fairly unique...not as long lasting as the original...but nice,the dry down smelling sweet...almost issey miyake like.If you are after a cheap frag...that smells more expensive...have a punt.Just a bit of a shame on longetivity.Good value.
12th January, 2010
I was looking for an amber parfume which is not sweet and I run into this one, although is a man one:)
I love it, it's strong, it has personality, I wear it in winter and evenings, or when I want something to awake my senses:)
07th May, 2009
First I must say that comparison to Declaration (made by SixSlarty) sounds very bizarre, to say the least. I can’t see a connection whatsoever.

To me this is unfortunately very boring ambery floral scent. Very light and weak on me without any mentionable character. This thin and very simple blend just doesn’t smell that captivating by any means.

Fresh, androgynous scent that has absolutely nothing to do with the original creation which by the way; I think is far superior to this one, in every single aspect.

The only thing I like about this scent in a way is that its fairly unique scent after all. But unfortunately it doesn’t do much in this case. !881 Amber smells eventually like it was just a “nice try” from the perfumer.

I once bought a bottle of this blind….Didn’t like it that much (as you can see) so I gave it to my younger brother.
Lasts time I saw the bottle it was placed at the back of the shelves of his bathroom – he hadn’t apparently used it at all, so I guess he didn’t like at either….
I never made it an actual subject of conversation with him, though.
15th February, 2009

Add your review of 1881 Amber

Shop for 1881 Amber products online

Shop for 1881 Amber at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 1881 Amber

Member images of 1881 Amber

There are no member images of 1881 Amber yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to 1881 Amber