Baldessarini (2002)

SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute > Hugo Boss

About Baldessarini

Baldessarini is the top of the line Hugo Boss fashion range which was named after their former long-standing chairman, Werner Baldessarini.
This new fragrance is as high end as it's clothing name-sake at nearly US$100 a bottle, (which is an antique reproduction.)
Available in the UK from Harrods in 1000 numbered bottles in August 2002, and following in the US in March 2003.

Baldessarini fragrance notes

Reviews of Baldessarini

A Great underrated (or better somewhat ignored) piece of fragrance, yes formal/casual, urban and dynamic. A combination of dry fresh dusty cedarwood, ambergris, aromatic herbs, patchouli, fir resin and thirsty tobacco provides a final compact really cozy aura of virility over which "somber" fruity floral patterns complete their twist of modern articulation (it could be sharp geranium, red berries, orange for sure and green apple). The Baldessarini's beginning is quite likeable under my nose, I detect fresh aromatic (somewhat mint-licorice veined) fluidy hesperides with a heady orange presence well connected with herbs and dry-mild dark spices (I suppose pepper, cardamom, cinnamon). I love the dry fruity bitterness on my skin and the ambergris-patchouli-woody tobacco chord is cozy and finally "warmly organic". The fragrance modernity abides in my opinion in its capacity to show out each individual element of its short list of expressful notes. Cedarwood (as complemented by spiciness, ambergris and "anisic" orange) is the starring note in my opinion while tobacco provides a touch of final "seasoned" roundness somewhat juxtaposed to a main woody hesperidic connection. The final trail is excellent, spicy orangy, vaguely earthy-bitter, slightly resinous and finally smoother.
20th September, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

Baldessarini’s top notes are a conventional, but very well executed blend of citrus and aromatics, but the heart is something more unusual. It is essentially a two part structure: a sweet, yet brisk spiced fruit accord set against a very dry, dusty cedar. The spiced fruit and cedar may derive from Féminité du Bois and Donna Karan’s Chaos, but in those scents the two elements are blended into a seamless accord, whereas in Baldessarini they do not so much blend as stand side by side, drawing the nose back and forth between them. Though it employs different ingredients, this is the same trick played by Bernard Chant in his Aramis (animalic leather vs. white flowers) and Aramis 900 (green floral vs. amber/patchouli), and it succeeds here as well, generating an olfactory tension that maintains interest until the drydown. As for the tobacco listed in the pyramid, I detect it to some degree on paper, but on my skin it seems to merge into the spiced fruit accord.

The drydown is where I enjoy Baldessarini the least. While the spiced fruit portion of the scent endures quite well, it does fade long before the cedar, which on its own smells rather colorless and thin. Anticlimactic in its development, but a very good scent nonetheless.
09th June, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Baldessarini! I remember smelling it the next day on my shirt in the laundry and thinking, WOW, this really IS a good fragrance! Although many here state it has a strong tobacco note, I would agree; however, I think per Hugo Boss' description, it is actually the single-note living patchouli flower that is predominant. I find this fragrance to be well suited for formal occasions, or a scent to wear when traveling. It is very cosmopolitan in nature, and smells so much more refined and classic than many fragrances out there today. The EdC has good lasting power, but I prefer the EdC Concentree. I like fragrances that stay with you, and ones that you can depend on. So many these days last for about 10 minutes and then are gone. I give Baldessarini a big Thumbs Up because it is so unique and classy.
07th April, 2013
Despite the notes list, this is basically just the smell of Hawaiian Punch, a sweet red "froot" smell. There's some mint and herbs hiding behind it, but not enough to give it any real depth. It's halfway between Joop and Paris Hilton, but quite weak. Essentially a very cheap-smelling girly fruity floral marketed as a higher-end men's scent.
02nd March, 2013
this is the only tobacco smelling frag.its very good,sophisicated for evenings and events.the best.
30th July, 2011
chet31 Show all reviews
I like the simplicity of the fragrance, but not the originality. I get the citrus and mint/pine, but no tobacco. The latter is OK, as I generally do not like what perfumers consider "tobacco" scent. I have worn this 3-4 times, including yesterday. I was going to apply some again today to help me write this review. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't really want to. Smells fine, but does not excite.
24th June, 2011

Add your review of Baldessarini

Shop for Baldessarini products online

Shop for Baldessarini at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Baldessarini

Member images of Baldessarini

There are no member images of Baldessarini yet. Why not be the first?