Bora Bora for Men (2002)

SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Bora Bora for Men

Inspired by Bora Bora: "The most beautiful island in the world" - The bottle is opalescent black with bamboo detail along the sides of the bottle and the fragrance is a masculine green fougere with notes of Kiwi, Quince, Red Ginger, Wild Fig, Lichen Moss and Hibiscus.

Bora Bora for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Bora Bora for Men

Being a huge fan of Claiborne scents, I've always wanted 'Bora Bora' for many years now. If you are a fan of 'Curve' and 'Mambo', you will immediately recognize the drydown of this to be extremely similar.

Initial blast is kiwi, ginger, fruit and what seems to be a tea note. Right as I sprayed this my girlfriend immediately complimented me and said 'wow that smells wonderful'. So it definitely did its job there.

It projects really well and a bit of a spicy musk undertone begins to develop as it dries down. I would like to call it the 'Claiborne' musk note, and those familiar with the brand will know what I am talking about. This comes out about an hour after spraying, and smells fantastic.

It is clean without being 'sport' or 'fresh' scented, and masculine without being dirty or dusty. The 'Curve' and 'Mambo' musk scent comes out and projects really well.

Most of if not all of the kiwi and fruity hibiscus notes fade away about an hour in and this is where this fragrance shines. It is a ginger and spice blend layered in musk and amber that is simply amazing and grabs compliments easily.

With a liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, shoulders, wrists and chest), I am getting 7-10+ hours of longevity, with about 24-36+ hours on clothes and fabrics.

Projection is really good for the first five to six hours, and sillage is solid without being offensive or cloying. After five or six hours, it stays closer to the skin but lingers for another couple hours or so and smells very natural. This stuff lasts longer than most new fragrances that cost three times as much.

For an Eau de Cologne concentration, Claiborne always makes fragrances that perform better than most EDT's, and 'Bora Bora' is no exception. It performs and projects quite well, even in warm weather and humid climates. And for the price, you really can't go wrong here. It's great for spring and summer days, nights out on the town, date nights and safe for office environments and professional events.

I really love this scent, and if you're a fan of 'Curve', 'Mambo', 'Claiborne Sport' and others like it, you will undoubtedly enjoy 'Bora Bora'. For the price it commands, you could easily blind buy this and enjoy it. Definitely recommended.
18th June, 2017
Being a big fan and follower of Liz Claiborne for many years, I really wanted to like this scent.

It starts out interesting, but then it began to give me a bit of a headache. (I see the ginger and fig notes in the fragrance triangle that I tend to be on the fence about as it is.) On the whole, Bora Bora seems like a boring scrubber to me. :^(
10th March, 2017
Bought blind at Marshalls when first becoming interested in fragrances. I figured it was by Liz Claiborne and Curve was okay, so how could I go wrong. Well, even though it was a full sized bottle for very little money, you can go very wrong indeed. I find it simply boring both those around me, wife and son, find it far too much fougere goodness for their liking. Took it camping on hot summer days in the Sierra. I soon found myself banned from the cabin when applying. It was that bad. Apparently the synthetic figs didn't appeal.
07th January, 2015
Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne smells great and is a "steal of a deal"...

Bora Bora is a clean and fresh fragrance with a mild spice undertone. While definitely unique, it is comparable or a between Diesel (Fuel for Life) and Versace Pour Homme.

My reviews generally consider the following areas: price/value, appeal/smell, "wow factor" (compliments), longevity, uniqueness, best time of year worn or occasion, and easy on the nose (and bottle on the eyes).

The real beauty of Bora Bora is the price/value. For the money, it cannot be passed-up to add to your collection. Secondary to the price, is the "Wow Factor". My cologne collected has extended to the point where I wear Bora Bora about twice a year. Each time it is worn, I receive at least one compliment from the opposite sex. That is huge in "my book". Bora Bora also scores well with longevity. I am especially fond of applying a moderate amount of any fragrance in the morning prior to the work day and it lasting the day without needing a reapplication.

If you are into defining an occasion to wear B/B, I would think it works well for any season, time of day, or event. After the initial application, the essence smoothes out to an easygoing fragrance without being overbearing.

I give Bora Bora 4.6 years out of 5 stars. It is under-rated in the cologne arena, a great value, and I definitely recommend adding to your collection.

29th January, 2013
Swanky Show all reviews
Boring Boring would be a better name.
30th June, 2012
The scent is very sweet, and like all other sweet scents, skin chemistry is a crucial of whether it is a good or bad scent.

It smells like something that would be great for a teenager. Adults will probably want something more sophisticated, but shouldn't rule it out until they've tried it.

Its very low price (1/3 of most colognes) is also a strong point.

If you are a serious collector, you may want to include this in your collection as you may like all different kinds of fragrances, however at the same time, serious collectors are probably familiar with other colognes that do what this one tries to do, but better.

Seasons: All around

Age Group: Under 25

Blind Buy: It's relatively safe. If you don't like it, it won't be because it is offensive, but maybe because it's not distinct enough or because you are used to higher quality ingredients.

Everyone won't like this, but I do.

04th February, 2012 (last edited: 11th April, 2013)

Add your review of Bora Bora for Men

Shop for Bora Bora for Men products online

Shop for Bora Bora for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bora Bora for Men

Member images of Bora Bora for Men

There are no member images of Bora Bora for Men yet. Why not be the first?