Thunderstorm (2002)

Year of Launch2002

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Thunderstorm

rbaker Show all reviews
The atmosphere after rainfall or storm has inspired over the years; Après l’Ondée is maybe the most famous one.

Here the focus is on the earth and a woods after the event: earthy, green and in the shade; the ground afterwards. The atmosphere after the rain is represented by a rather synthetic-ozonic impression. After the first hour a dull chemical aftermath remains.

Of note is the lack of any floral components in this composition. The dark forest ground it is, without and friendly blossoms. This is not a sweet fragrance.

I get moderate sillage, good projection - for the first hour - and a total longevity of four hours.

A bit too synthetic overall, the first part is executed well and realistic enough to raise one’s interest. The rest is silence. 2.75/5.
20th November, 2017
Thunderstorm is spot on. It smells like the rain that falls on the ground after a warm day. It's got a good sillage and longevity, especially for a Demeter fragrance, and in this way it's cloying, by it's not sweet. A good fragrance, that is manly, but found a spot in my collection.
23rd April, 2017
This strikes me as mainly patchouli & woods, along with a kind of burning smell, not unlike Gorilla Perfumes' The Smell of Weather Turning. There is also a suggestion of wet concrete or asphalt. The feel here is very masculine, not terribly pleasant, & it projects very strongly. l suspect it also lasts several hours, but l showered it off after three.
lf this scent is in any way related to a thunderstorm, then for me it conveys the tension in the air before a storm, rather than the cathartic release brought on by the storm itself, when the heavens finally open. Perhaps it does progress to that stage eventually, & l ought to give it another try, when l feel able to brave that acrid first three hours once more.
01st August, 2014
Genre: Foul Weather

Thunderstorms don't smell like this; petroleum products do. Silly concept, icky smell. Pardon me while I wash it off.
05th July, 2014
kankri Show all reviews
Starts off with an alcohol blast, then it's cucumbers. Lots and lots of cucumbers, freshly cut cucumbers. In a few minutes that fades off and I get grass, wet dirt, and ozone. Doesn't really smell like a thunderstorm or rain to me, more like wet ground after a rain. Kind of disappointing to me. My sister borrowed it for a bit and it apparently smells enough like rain to other people (or maybe it's her chemistry), since she got a bunch of comments wondering about the smell and hey, did you think it's going to rain? It has fair to poor sillage, people can usually smell it walking by, but it has very poor lasting power. I'm lucky if it sticks around for an hour.

I have a blind buy 4 oz bottle and I use it as a room spray occasionally now. I don't really wear it, but I'd recommend this to anyone trying to find something that smells like rain; it might work for them. I, on the other hand, continue my hunt for the perfume that truly smells like rain.
04th January, 2013
Wow, once I sprayed this scent I could smell fresh cut grass, mud and wet cement.

Mostly what I was going for was the smell of your windowpane while you are watching the rain. Now, that scent was transformed into the wet cement smell.

There is no floral undertone. It does smell a bit like some type of wood after it has been on awhile.

It's staying power is strong but not for each quality of the scent. The more musky smell of wood is the one that lingers...for days on clothing...

I do wish it was a bit more refreshing, but, it totally lives up to it's name.

I think it would be a much better scent on a man and I have started to use it in my car. I'm wondering what smell will last.
26th December, 2012

Add your review of Thunderstorm

Shop for Thunderstorm products online

Search Amazon for Thunderstorm

Member images of Thunderstorm

There are no member images of Thunderstorm yet. Why not be the first?