Polo Blue (2002)

SupplierIFF
PackagingBormioli Rocco
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Blue

Update of the seventies classic. Created by Carlos Benaim, who created the original version 25 years ago. Contains notes of Cucumber, Tangerine, Geranium and Basil. Inspired by St John Island's Caneel Bay.

Reviews of Polo Blue

I really enjoy the smell of this perfume despite the melon notes. I just got the RL gift set containing Polo Blue, and I was kind of expecting to never wear this, as I already knew the ingredients, and I can't stand the flavour of melon (which led me to believe that I'd despise the smell of it, too). When I whiffed this, I was pleasantly surprised because I actually didn't find it to be bad at all. The watermelon and cucumber are much more dominant than the 'regular' melon, and this is good, 'cause the smell of watermelon does not resemble the taste of it (at least not in my view). That means that the top notes are basically just very fresh and clean and not at all sweet and nauseating. After application, the basil, sage and moss start to be quite dominant, and the musk is also easily detectable. This is, in my opinion, perfect, because the scent does not become too sweet at any point, and it definitely stays masculine from beginning till end.

It's a really good everyday-scent, as it is not very peculiar and not very overpowering, but it has a very clean smell.

I never found myself to be a sports-kind of guy (I usually prefer elegant over sporty), but I actually really like this perfume even though it is sort of a sporty scent; but there is something classy about it at the same time (I guess polo is quite a classy sport, so why am I surprised?), so I find this to be a brilliant perfume for casual wear. I wouldn't wear it on formal occasions or on a date (I'd probably go for a spicier, woodier scent on these occasions), but I find that to be a positive feature because I love to be able to swith between scents.

As for projectivity/longevity I'm not the best person to ask, as all perfumes (except really low-quality ones, that is) last all day on me and maintain quite a good projection.

For casual wear: 8/10
All in all: 7/10
01st February, 2017
Great scent for daily / work/ casual wear. I used to love this to the point where to many people asked me what it was and then bought it so i no longer wear. But it was a great one while it lasted!
02nd January, 2017
Very nice, now classic scent that doesn't resemble the original Polo too much. Polo Blue definitely has a nice, watery quality with interesting notes like cucumber and melon, covered securely in a mossy, slightly musky and woody base that can be worn by young or old wearers.
10th December, 2016
Polo fragrances do well on my skin. this one is a very unique one from the line. the melon note is my favorite and it lasts a long time. longevity is excellent! I get at least 10 hours from any polo cologne that I wear! this is my 3rd favorite from the line behind polo black and polo red.
01st June, 2016
Perhaps another victim of a disappointing reformulation - and therefore a victim of its own success. I generally love all Polo fragrances, but as others have noted, there is a distinctly irritating, acrid top note which kills the whole experience for me. I am sure when i first got this in the early 2000's it wasn't this bad.

The problem with that overpowering top note is that i can detect any others - be it in the middle or the base. All i get is this nasty nostril irritant the whole day long. I really wanted to like this they way i remembered it. But alas i don't. Disappointing.

30th April, 2016
Polo Blue smells very fresh and has a striking opening but settles nicely without too much power. A young, summer scent good for active wear. Never worn it before my trying today but instantly recognized it from smelling on others so it is not the most original scent.
07th December, 2015

Add your review of Polo Blue

Shop for Polo Blue products online

Shop for Polo Blue at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Polo Blue

Member images of Polo Blue

There are no member images of Polo Blue yet. Why not be the first?