Polo Blue (2002)

SupplierIFF
PackagingBormioli Rocco
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Blue

Update of the seventies classic. Created by Carlos Benaim, who created the original version 25 years ago. Contains notes of Cucumber, Tangerine, Geranium and Basil. Inspired by St John Island's Caneel Bay.

Reviews of Polo Blue

Salutation.

PB is NICE and Classy like all RL fragrances.in the begining is very apt description.The Cocomber&Melon give you,news of a LIGHT&AROMATIC fragrances.

Afterwards it becomes quite FRESH and CHEERFUL.the notes are beautifully blended.in fact PB is in a mellow way.the base notes is Soft and Lovely on my skin.it is definitely Light similar a breeze.

Anyway this cologne is very pleasant scent for EVERYDAY use.A Good choice for a YOUNG man in HOT weather.The only if PB was a little strong,i like very much it but it still a Respectable cologne for me.

SILLAGE&LONGEVITY?Average.

7.5/10
15th May, 2015
Polo Blue actually reminds me of Versace Eau Fraiche, which I also like. Generic, but effective.
22nd April, 2015
I owned a small bottle of Polo Blue when it first came out in 2002. I wore it almost exclusively spring and summer, and always liked it, but never replaced it, always thinking it was too common and generic. After gravitating amongst several newer aquatic fragrances, I've decided to go back to PB. I recently sampled it again and believe it to be better than many other fragrances of similar design that I tried. I particularly like the balance and unity of notes in PB, and the melon and cucumber accord stands up better on my skin than many other citrus and spice notes common to this genre. Additionally, the wife absolutely loves Blue and showers me with affection whenever I wear it. That alone is enough for me.
17th March, 2015 (last edited: 07th May, 2015)
I'm not a fan of aquatics but this wasn't too horrid. I actually liked it better than many other expensive aquatics that smell like hairspray or rotting wood in sea water. As others have said it gives one a "just showered" smell that makes you smell clean. It's dated now but it could be used in the office. The woods in the dry-down aren't overbearing. In won't be in my collection because I have EROLFA you but could do worse. 2.5/5
07th December, 2014 (last edited: 06th December, 2014)
This was my signature scent when I was about 19. The ad campaign with its nautical theme along with the blue bottle attracted me and I remember buying it without much hesitation. The scent is nice. It is soothing and sweet. It gives the impression of fresh cleanliness with a smell that is reminiscent of some soaps. It makes you smell like you just showered. It projects very strongly and will stay with you all day so I recommend not over-applying.
The Good: smells fresh, clean, sweet but not too sweet and inoffensive.
The Bad: It is very common and recognizable.
Overall: A solid choice on its merits alone, however you might know someone else who wears it and wears too much of it.
03rd March, 2014
dreese Show all reviews
Polo Blue is certainly a polarizing scent, and I have to say that I agree with all of the comments, because I have felt all of them while wearing it; there are times it feels crisp, fresh, and sophisticated, and then there are times it comes across as cloying, synthetic, overly strong, and I feel shame at wearing it. I have come to the opinion that body chemistry and mood play a large role in its wearing. Also, I have noticed times when the cucumber lays on top of the scent (bad) as well as times when the cucumber lies in the middle (good). My overall review is a solid neutral and I would not purchase it again. My recommendations for "blue" scents include Bulgari Blu, Gap No. 655, Bleu de Chanel, and Samba Ice.
24th December, 2013

Add your review of Polo Blue

Shop for Polo Blue products online

Shop for Polo Blue at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Polo Blue

Member images of Polo Blue

There are no member images of Polo Blue yet. Why not be the first?