Polo Blue (2002)

SupplierIFF
PackagingBormioli Rocco
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Blue

Update of the seventies classic. Created by Carlos Benaim, who created the original version 25 years ago. Contains notes of Cucumber, Tangerine, Geranium and Basil. Inspired by St John Island's Caneel Bay.

Reviews of Polo Blue

Polo Blue actually reminds me of Versace Eau Fraiche, which I also like. Generic, but effective.
22nd April, 2015
I'm another person that has a hard time with aquatics, but I really, really like Polo Blue for some reason. It has a nice cucumber-citrus-melon opening that sort of turns a bit spiced soap but not to the extent of cleaning fluid. Also no rotten fish or wet wood smells, so that beats out many other aquatics by a landslide.

There are a few aquatics I would put ahead of Polo, such as Sel Marin and EROLFA but after those very expensive choices, I'd choose Polo Blue.
17th March, 2015 (last edited: 01st April, 2015)
I'm not a fan of aquatics but this wasn't too horrid. I actually liked it better than many other expensive aquatics that smell like hairspray or rotting wood in sea water. As others have said it gives one a "just showered" smell that makes you smell clean. It's dated now but it could be used in the office. The woods in the dry-down aren't overbearing. In won't be in my collection because I have EROLFA you but could do worse. 2.5/5
07th December, 2014 (last edited: 06th December, 2014)
This was my signature scent when I was about 19. The ad campaign with its nautical theme along with the blue bottle attracted me and I remember buying it without much hesitation. The scent is nice. It is soothing and sweet. It gives the impression of fresh cleanliness with a smell that is reminiscent of some soaps. It makes you smell like you just showered. It projects very strongly and will stay with you all day so I recommend not over-applying.
The Good: smells fresh, clean, sweet but not too sweet and inoffensive.
The Bad: It is very common and recognizable.
Overall: A solid choice on its merits alone, however you might know someone else who wears it and wears too much of it.
03rd March, 2014
dreese Show all reviews
Polo Blue is certainly a polarizing scent, and I have to say that I agree with all of the comments, because I have felt all of them while wearing it; there are times it feels crisp, fresh, and sophisticated, and then there are times it comes across as cloying, synthetic, overly strong, and I feel shame at wearing it. I have come to the opinion that body chemistry and mood play a large role in its wearing. Also, I have noticed times when the cucumber lays on top of the scent (bad) as well as times when the cucumber lies in the middle (good). My overall review is a solid neutral and I would not purchase it again. My recommendations for "blue" scents include Bulgari Blu, Gap No. 655, Bleu de Chanel, and Samba Ice.
24th December, 2013
GENERIC AQUATIC CRAP. Perhaps the worst.

chemically engineered blue note aquatic wannabe mess.

smells like a very cheap poor imitation of a million other "blue" aquatics

a bitter disappointment considering that one would imagine a name like polo to deliver something less horrid

BOTH beverly hills polo club and adidas moves are better, and both are ultra entry level aquatics with no distinction

the top note is a rancid sharp laundry detergent like abomination followed by a nasty drydown

failure. AVOID.

1.5/5

Pros: none. this is a waste of money
Cons: HORRIBLE nostril piercing unpleasant sharp top note. overpriced considering there are 1000+ aquatics out there that smell better"

11th July, 2013

Add your review of Polo Blue

Shop for Polo Blue products online

Shop for Polo Blue at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Polo Blue

Member images of Polo Blue

There are no member images of Polo Blue yet. Why not be the first?