Polo Blue (2002)

SupplierIFF
PackagingBormioli Rocco
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Blue

Update of the seventies classic. Created by Carlos Benaim, who created the original version 25 years ago. Contains notes of Cucumber, Tangerine, Geranium and Basil. Inspired by St John Island's Caneel Bay.

Reviews of Polo Blue

quintessential aquatic, with lots of melon and cucumber (they smell very similar actually), a bit of citrus, fresh and masculine and slightly spicy; however it has weak sillage and longevity. Very ozonic. In any case, I like the scent itself a lot.
04th March, 2018
To me it smells really fresh. A bit soapy, but not in a bad way. Great choice for summer indeed, but can be worn all around the year imo. Longevity is pretty good as well as projection.
Not overpowering, which is good. Pleasant and soft, fresh scent. Kinda reminds me of holiday time.
10th January, 2018 (last edited: 11th January, 2018)
Boring. I had tried this last year, and by the time I got home I forgot what it smelled like. I don't get melon or green notes, that may have pushed it into the unique realm, but it is just non-descript.
22nd July, 2017
Very mediocre. It's compared to Eternity Aqua. Aqua has more going on, but Polo Blue smells better. Polo Blue is a bit dated for an aquatic. I mostly get the clary sage, geranium, and a ton of white musk. I wish there was more cucumber and melon to smell, but there isn't this has a very transparent feel, and also and aquatic feel, but it lacks those key aquatic notes in full force.

This smells more like a deodorant than anything to me. Longevity and projection are both weak.
07th March, 2017
I really enjoy the smell of this perfume despite the melon notes. I just got the RL gift set containing Polo Blue, and I was kind of expecting to never wear this, as I already knew the ingredients, and I can't stand the flavour of melon (which led me to believe that I'd despise the smell of it, too). When I whiffed this, I was pleasantly surprised because I actually didn't find it to be bad at all. The watermelon and cucumber are much more dominant than the 'regular' melon, and this is good, 'cause the smell of watermelon does not resemble the taste of it (at least not in my view). That means that the top notes are basically just very fresh and clean and not at all sweet and nauseating. After application, the basil, sage and moss start to be quite dominant, and the musk is also easily detectable. This is, in my opinion, perfect, because the scent does not become too sweet at any point, and it definitely stays masculine from beginning till end.

It's a really good everyday-scent, as it is not very peculiar and not very overpowering, but it has a very clean smell.

I never found myself to be a sports-kind of guy (I usually prefer elegant over sporty), but I actually really like this perfume even though it is sort of a sporty scent; but there is something classy about it at the same time (I guess polo is quite a classy sport, so why am I surprised?), so I find this to be a brilliant perfume for casual wear. I wouldn't wear it on formal occasions or on a date (I'd probably go for a spicier, woodier scent on these occasions), but I find that to be a positive feature because I love to be able to swith between scents.

As for projectivity/longevity I'm not the best person to ask, as all perfumes (except really low-quality ones, that is) last all day on me and maintain quite a good projection.

For casual wear: 8/10
All in all: 7/10
01st February, 2017
Great scent for daily / work/ casual wear. I used to love this to the point where to many people asked me what it was and then bought it so i no longer wear. But it was a great one while it lasted!
02nd January, 2017

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 oz brand new

• USD $34.00
  • Time Left: 19 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 oz brand new sealed box!

• USD $30.85
  • Time Left: 25 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Polo Blue Perfume Ralph Lauren 4.2 oz 125 ml EDP Eau De Parfum Spray Without Box

• USD $58.99

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren EDT Spray 4.2 oz TSTR w/Box

• USD $24.99
  • Time Left: 1 day

Member images of Polo Blue

There are no member images of Polo Blue yet. Why not be the first?