YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration (1983)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Average Rating: 4

Based on 117 ratings

YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration information

YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration is a men's fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 1983

Reviews of YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration

Showing 1 to 6 of 26 reviews.

Francolino's avatar

this comes from an era when you did not need niche perfumery to enjoy a blast of pure happiness!

13 November, 2012

ericrico's avatar

Dare I say - brilliant! YSL Pour Homme's original bottling came out in 1971 while this entirely different composition arrived in 1983, a full dozen years later. For fans of the genre, familiarity with the classic bottles is essential to understand this composition. It shrinks the note pyramid of YSL Pour Homme, and is not stronger (both are Eau de Toilette) - but it shows us how aromatic compounds can be deeper and more focused. A huge blast of lemon opens this scent but is immediately blended with petit grain. The depth of citrus here is phenomenal - it will last the entire wearing...up to 10+ hours and stay on clothing for several days! The carnation in the top, while just a light nuance in the traditional YSL Pour Homme bottling is much more prevalent here. A key note that brings this together, which I believe is missing from the scent pyramid above is verbena (or lemon verbena) that blends brilliantly with the rosemary and sage to give us the herbal heart. I get a great earthiness in this from the deep patchouli - possibly the best use of patchouli in a citrus fragrance! The wood here is important, but blended well - cedar, sandalwood and a nice, slightly-dirty/bitter vetiver accord that is rounded out by the nutmeg offering a dustiness into the base notes. I love this texture...the depth is stunning!

Some people say this is a very strong scent. While it may awaken your olfactory senses - it is aromatically rich and a different scent than its older brother. This is, to me, one of the best Haute Concentrations of an Aromatic Citrus ever produced - because it does what many attempt to do...it decreases the number of notes from the original and, yet, makes the composition deeper and richer (than 'standard' formulation).

A modern classic - to be worn with swagger, confidence and honesty. This is a scent with confidence in just a light to moderate application. While I find myself torn on which is better, I reach for the YSL Pour Homme standard bottling to feel cleaner and more gentlemanly (and for a single key note in Vintage, Oakmoss) - this is one I wear when I want to be noticed. I adore both.

This is pure excellence in a bottle! YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration is a scent that stays within the lines of the genre, yet goes at least one (or two) levels richer in olfactory depth than almost any other scent out there in the realm of Aromatic/"Dirty" Citruses - awesome. Profound and to be respected!

Only for those who adore what an aromatic citrus can offer when it turned up to FULL volume. This is much like feedback on a tube amplifier - noisy to some; beautiful (and harmonically-perfect) to others. Cheers! Near perfection...

27 June, 2012

ross_evans's avatar

I tried to like this, I really did...
    A blind buy (not my wisest move) given all the love here for it. And there is an element to the frag that I like; the classic harsh/dry lemon smell is nice, kinda reminds me of an element of Monsieur de Givenchy.
    However that one element is wrapped up in a smell which I can only describe as being like sweat mixed with urine.
    Not pleasant.
    Perhaps it's my skin, perhaps it's my nose, but it just does nothing for me and will now sadly languish at the back of my wardrobe.

18 February, 2012

professor goggles's avatar

This is a very dry straightforward chypre with a fresh resinous lemon top, similar to Homme de Grés, cousins with the Monsieurs of Givenchy and Chanel. How much different modern masculine perfumes would be had these tasteful, natural-smelling, refined French masterpieces become the model for men's scents instead of Cool Water? If Axe body sprays and every second shower gel smelled like this the world would be a better place indeed. Perfect for day or evening and every level of formality, these are my go-to fragrances when I want to smell great but not draw attention to myself. I urge other men to do the same. True tastefulness is in scarce supply these days. Bring on the Monsieurs!

19 January, 2012

Buddy97's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Sweaty lemons!! As accurate as a description as can be given. But that should not be viewed in a negative, I truly love and admire this classy scent.

VERY powerful, strong citrus opening with a very herbaceous undertone. This loud phase lasts a long time before taming down to a gentler but lasting woodsy lemony fragrance. I think it is the variety of herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage) and woods that give it that animalic aspect to which others have referred - these are present but in a very non-threatening manner. Definitely a relic from the old school, not a scent that would be produced today, it is gentlemanly, distinguished and charming, with the clean lemon contrasting with those semi-dirty herby notes, giving a fragrance that is the equivalent of a well groomed man in a dress suit going commando !!!!!!!!

21st October, 2009

Karenin's avatar

Slovakia Slovakia

What an outstanding scent! My original intention was to buy the original version. When I discovered this version in the parcel, I first thought of returning it. But then I said to myself, well, what the heck, I´ll give it a try- it´s a Saint Laurent frag after all! I´ve got to admit I don´t regret my decision at all. I love the initial burst of lemon, which is by far the juiciest lemon note I´ve ever smelled in a fragrance. It literally awakens my senses. The woody notes uncover a deeper, darker aspect of this fragrance. In my lay opinion all the notes are perfectly blended. I don´t find YSL PH HC overpowering or headache-inducing. Like with other powerhouse frags, the secret of enjoying this treasure to the max lies in sensible application- less is normally just the right amount.

09 October, 2009

Add your review of YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration

Search for on eBay United States

YSL POUR HOMME HAUTE CONCENTRATION by Yves Saint Laurent 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)