Stardust for Men (2001)
    by Llewelyn

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 27 ratings

Stardust for Men information

Stardust for Men is a men's fragrance by Llewelyn. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Stardust for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Bigsly's avatar

I first sampled this as a newbie, and at the time my sense of smell was quite sensitive. This came across as harsh and discordant. Now I realize that was just the top notes, but these days I enjoy that lime/nutmeg/pine combination. For me, this does what GIT does, but in a more original, and hence more enjoyable way. There are so many violet leaf/lavender type scents, and yet few like this one. However, to me the best part is the drydown, which again is similar in "feel" to GIT but doesn't seem to have much dihydromyrcenol. Somehow, Stardust does what so many "dihydromyrcenol overload" scents fail to do, that is, create a slightly creamy ("crowd pleasing"), aromatic, and natural smelling effect, while possessing good note separation and dynamism. The sandalwood note is fairly good, but I don't get clear leather (and it's certainly not too sweet). In a sense, this is Aventus for those who have some measure of "maturity" (in terms of how scents are often classified by age). Overall, I consider this quite an achievement and I can't think of anything that is on this level. Oscar for Men (1999) had a similar idea, but feels rather heavy, muddled, and indistinct by comparison (and I consider Oscar to be quite good).

Top notes: Mexican Lime, Mediterranean Lemon, Siberia fire needle, shaved nutmeg.

Middle notes: Jasmine, sandalwood, Indonesian Patchouli.

Base notes: Bourbon Vanilla, creamy amber, and impressions of leather.

24th September, 2014 (Last Edited: 08th October, 2014)

drseid's avatar

I definitely get the GIT comparisons by other reviewers and have to agree. Stardust is not just a GIT clone though, as it adds a nice Mexican lime accord to the mix. That said, once you burn off the brief top notes, the GIT comparison becomes all too evident (but not in a bad way). You can argue that Stardust outdoes GIT in many ways by excelling in the strength, longevity and projection departments. It also has one of the best sprayers I have encountered to date, and one to two sprays is more than enough here. There really is not much more to say about Stardust really, as it stops developing early-on. It is a very nice overall scent though, especially if you want GIT but can't quite afford it and demand something with similar quality ingredients, far beyond the low-priced drugstore clones... 3.5 out of 5 stars and recommended.

08th May, 2012

trumpet_guy's avatar

I'm surprised to see the tepid reviews here so far, given that this one is in my Top 10.
    Well, preferences are bound to vary. I find this scent very rich and bold. It is not
    ashamed to put it's Mexican Lime, Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Patchouli accord out there for
    all to smell. The persistence of the accord is remarkable. The zing of the top notes
    lasts throughout the drydown. This scent lasts all day, and is pleasant from beginning to end.

If anything negative can be said, perhaps it is that the development is limited. It's fairly
    linear. It finishes where it starts. With an accord this good, I don't consider that to be
    a bad thing. This is a powerhouse scent, and not one for the "I want something light"
    crowd.

21st March, 2011

scatman69's avatar

I enjoy the fruity drydown. It has good projection and smells great! However, the opening is metallic and chemical smelling. If you can get past the opening notes, it actually is a pleasant fragrance.

11th January, 2010

It’s an unusual accord that opens this fragrance. I think the combination of lime, conifer, and nutmeg is responsible for the disagreements about the similarities to other fragrances. This lime / conifer / and nutmeg accord doesn’t remind me of anything in particular, but there are several miscellaneous forgettable fragrances I’ve tested and immediately disliked. GIT… maybe… Aramis New West… a bit more than GIT. It certainly doesn’t remind me of Cool Water because I actually like Cool Water and I do not like this one. I just don’t care for the lime, nutmeg, and conifer combination in Stardust… It doesn’t sit right with me. I like Stardust a tiny bit better when it moves well into the heart notes where the jasmine and patchouli come together for a smooth, light woody accord – unfortunately I still smell the echoes of the aggressive, almost annoying opening accord from the beginning through the base.

31st October, 2009

The Bark's avatar

Cool Water? GIT? Huh? I'm somewhat suspicious reading these other reviews, seeing how they're all from 2008. I've had a bottle of this stuff, which came from Neiman Marcus for $80, since 2002, and I don't smell the similarities with those other fragrances, other than from a general, 30,000 foot level (Fresh? Check. Touch of green? Check.)

The opening is a lemon/lime cocktail with a bit of a pine accord, but after about five minutes, the scent delves into creamy vanilla/amber base. The official pyramid lists leather as well, but I'm hard pressed to detect it. Perhaps there are bits and pieces of it that smell familiar (the pine accord could be reminiscent of pine notes in Hugo, Hugo Boss, and sandalwood is in both Cool Water and GIT), but what makes this an interesting scent is the oustanding lime note and how the scent itself seques into a nice, velvet-like creamy base while retaining those sparkling top notes.

Middle notes: Jasmine, sandalwood, Indonesian Patchouli

PARFUMS LLEWELYN~STARDUST FOR MEN~2PC EAU DE TOILETTE SPLASH-HARD TO FIND-NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 14 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Stardust for Men by Llewelyn (2001), new 100 ml Eau de Toilette spray. No Reseve
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)