Shop for Chergui products online

$115.42*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 69.00)

Reviews of Chergui

Showing 1 to 6 of 156 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

Turin describes this as a tobacco oriental, but I disagree. I would call it a woody oriental (I am getting Aoud and Cedar) with the pungent spices (Cinnamon, Clove and Nutmeg) that are in Boucheron's Jaipur Homme, all rounded out by Amber, Vanilla and Tonka.

I got the tobacco and honey on my first application spray, but these notes have not emerged since and I've sprayed many times. The Aoud is there in the dry down, but just short of being harsh, tempered by the Cedar.

It is excellent and although copying a great deal the Jaipur, which preceded it by four years, can still stand on its own.

26 March, 2014

broguesforsir's avatar
    broguesforsir

I do appreciate the sheer talent of Monsieur Lutens and Chergui is probably my favourite fragrance of all time. This is not a fragrance I wear to be noticed, or to project some kind of image or identity; this is a fragrance I wear for me and me only.

Almost gourmand in nature, it envelopes me with its beautiful, warming, and unique oriental self. There isn't much more I can say. Absolutely incredible.

23 March, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

Finally I had a chance to sniff this guy and see what's all these exciting reviews about it.
    Honestly I was expecting something much darker, but still it's a great fragrance.
    The opening is warm and sweet honey smell mixed very natural and beautiful and strong cinnamon note plus tobacco and some herbal note in the background.
    The herbal smell which is the hay note, give the tobacco note a dry and herbal feeling.
    The tobacco note isn't that strong and potent.
    It's there with enough power to give the sweet scent a good masculine aroma.
    The ingredients quality is stunning. really high quality fragrance.
    In the dry down the tobacco note start to fade away slowly and you can smell a little stronger herbal hay note and smoother cinnamon.
    It's really warm and sweet and yummy!
    In the base the tobacco and hay notes are really weak and they are completely in the background and now you can smell that warm honey sweet smell with some cinnamon. very sensual smell!
    It's really interesting that the cinnamon isn't in the notes but you can smell it from the minute one to the last minutes on your skin!
    A great quality fragrance and definitely unisex.
    Projection is OK (not that strong) but longevity is good. around 6-7 hours on my skin and that's OK for me.

07 February, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Sweet blend of iris, tobacco and sandalwood. Actually iris is what I smell above all the rest, especially in the first minutes, then tobacco (wet, sweet leaves) takes the microphone. Light and pleasant, more on the "soapy" side of iris fragrances - rather than the "earthy/carroty" dry mood other iris have. Not a masterpiece and surely not a "dream" to me, rather a nice and safe fragrance - one of the "easiest" by Lutens I would say.

6,5/10

28 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

Cannes's avatar
    Cannes

Dry Desert Wind.

Chergui was my first Serge Lutens. After using up my sample, I had to have it. It's a warm dry wind enveloping you...like a cashmere sweater.

23 September, 2013

SplashFragnance's avatar
    SplashFragnance

Sexy,Warm Fragrance !!

This gem is beautifull crafted

CHERGUI is definitely a UNISEX but remember don't think it to be feminine..

It smells different on men n women..!!

The smells is very unique and i think it is the best creation from the house of SERGE LUTENS !!!

In winters it smells more fantastic !!

Pros: Very long Lasting,Smells Unique
    Cons: MOderate Sillage"

28 July, 2013