Chergui (2001)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Chergui

Chergui is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Chergui fragrance notes

Reviews of Chergui

I need to expand my Serge Lutens collection. The opening of this is exquisite: light honey and whiskey notes coupled with rose, hay, and amber: a hint of powder but not enough to make it a primary element. Tobacco and hay come through more after the first 15 minutes, well-blended. It's gently sweet and light: I could wear this at any and all occasions. It is, unfortunately, a bit ephemeral: there is light to moderate projection and the sillage is 4ish hours. As the drydown occurs, it becomes lighter, straightforward/linear: hay and amber take the stage until the scent is gone altogether.

This is very good: unisex, leaning a touch masculine. For $55 dollars for 1.7 ounces, it's a wonderful scent that works in both formal and informal settings.

8.5/10

07th March, 2019
Thereís probably nothing I could say about Chergui that hasnít already been said at this point, but my newer bottle of this perfume is still just as amazing as I expected based off of other peopleís experiences.

I get a smoky honey tobacco from start to finish. Itís quite linear on me but I happen to enjoy the scent from the initial application so I donít mind. Itís when the scent starts out a mess on me that I quickly lose my patience. This starts out beautiful and doesnít need to try too hard from there on. Itís totally unisex, I could see many different people enjoying this, the only prerequisite is that you enjoy tobacco in fragrances. The honey gives it that sweetness to balance with the smoky herbs, but itís not sickening and most importantly (to me), it doesnít go animalic.

It has some perseverance, longevity is great and it lasts on me all day (8+ hours). Projection/sillage is not as powerful as I thought it might be, but it is a modest amount of projection that will not offend anyone, which I actually am grateful for. Iíd rather a scent be closer to me than assault someone across the street, but this one is a happy medium of the two.

I must stress again that this scent could work for anyone of any age. I consider myself to be young(ish), and recently into niche fragrances and I didnít find this one to be too out of my comfort zone. Tobacco fragrances are really prominent in designer fragrance houses at the moment so this one wouldnít be too outrageous for anyone to test that is just coming from that background.

Solid like! Might not use it all up but I'll use it later in the winter a couple of times and decide whether or not to pass it on.
26th February, 2019
Sumptuous, spicy, sweet, creamy, earthy. This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance, one which I fell in love with upon first sniff. What else is there to add that hasn't already been said? The hype is absolutely justified here in my book. Bar none, one of the best Serge Lutens and tobacco fragrances period.
24th February, 2019
ad_scott Show all reviews
A luxurious version of Eau des Baux; creamier and smoother. I get the hay, tobacco and honey more than anything else.
De luxe.
23rd January, 2019
Classy and luxurious sweetness it is unisex for sure, depending on your PH.

It is linear and with good longevity. Maybe too much tobacco for my taste but the honey solves this problem after the dry down

11th September, 2018
This is a really beautiful niche fragrance that smells to my nose of the scent of honeyed amber with sweet tobacco and the unique note of hay. It smells like a sweet ambery drink on a rainy day in a farm stable. Although that may not sound that appealing, it smells fantastic in my opinion. Sillage is moderate while longevity is quite good at over 6 hours. This is one of the best amber offerings out there as far as quality and uniqueness of scent goes.

4.5/5
27th June, 2018

Add your review of Chergui

Shop for Chergui products online

Shop for Chergui at online perfumeries

Chergui by Serge Lutens Eau De Parfum Spray (unisex) 3.3 oz/100 ml Women