Chergui (2001)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Chergui

Chergui is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Chergui fragrance notes

Reviews of Chergui

A stunning scent IMO. Very much a winner with amazing longevity and projection. One of the strongest scents I own. For the price and quality this is a buy for sure (even blind buy). I would say the best part of the scent... well all of it from beginning to end. No complaints here... the strongest notes I get are Hay, Honey and Tobacco... to my nose the other scents lay in the back ground showing here and there. Nice for fall/winter day or night. Amazing. Enjoy!
09th August, 2016
This is a pretty good sweet, powdery and somewhat masculine fragrance. If you've ever smelled Fleur du Male from JpG, then you've essentially smelled this one as well. The notes are different in each, but they smell alike after drying down.

Projection: 7
Longevity: 7
Overall: 8
04th July, 2016
Like most fragrances I hated this on the blotter but on the skin it's another story entirely. As a woman I feel it is slightly on the feminine side of unisex. I can see ow this fragrance could be quite divisive as it's very heavy and rich, not the most wearable and definitely more winter appropriate. It would be a great Christmas scent as it is warm and spicy with a hint of sweetness. On me it smells like warm woody amber-y incense, like a Cathedral or a Catholic church in winter, which I love. Fantastic silage and projection, lasts and lasts, powerful stuff!

08th June, 2016 (last edited: 14th June, 2016)
poor performer and overrated!
26th April, 2016
As a matter of personal preference, I do not quite like Chergui, but I understand its popularity, a sweet and sour wood fragrance.

Update: I have changed my rating from neutral to positive. Wearing a heavy dose and having it last all day won me over.
28th February, 2016 (last edited: 20th May, 2016)
A scrubber.
Too sweet and too tobacco-y.
And given the hype this was a bigger disappointment.
Get Herod or Varvatos Vintage instead if you want tobacco.
25th February, 2016

Add your review of Chergui

Shop for Chergui products online

Shop for Chergui at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Chergui