Ambre / Amber (2001)

Ambre / Amber information

Year of Launch2001

HouseL'Occitane

About Ambre / Amber

Ambre / Amber is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2001

Ambre / Amber fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre / Amber

I tried this on at an airport. I have tried many types of amber and many forms of pure amber. This is a very, very good one. If you want that sweet & warm amber scent without the cloying powdery quality that is common among many brands- go here. I would buy some if I were in a place where I could. I wish I had bought the bottle at the airport.
26th January, 2015
Bagfish Show all reviews
On me, the first blast of Ambre is very, very cedar-y. but after 20-30 minutes or so, L'Occitane Amber EDT dries down to a fantastic, classic warm, sweet amber. This is a very classic amber scent, it's like what all the more expensive amber perfumes dry down to, and to be honest, that really is what I'm looking for as it is the soft, sweet, warm spicy scent that I love rather than the floral or whatever fancy twiddly bits over the top.

This is a great every day scent for me, it has medium throw and lasts really well (at least 12 hours). It's not a pale amber like IPdF Ambra del Nepal, nor is it a really dark spicy amber like SL Ambre Sultan. It's more in between, like the drydown and lingering base notes of PoTL Luctor et Emergo or Hermes Ambre Narguile. It certainly doesn't have the high end cachet of those two, but does have the same quality and intensity of drydown. Anyway, I love it and will hoard my bottle of this now discontinued beauty.
29th August, 2011
Ambre is like a good-hearted but not very interesting friend-- so kind, so warm, so eager to please, without a sharp tone or a bitter note in their body, but yet... tiresome? No. Fatiguing? No? Dull? Not exactly. You want to like them more because they're obviously so well-meant, and after all isn't warmth worth something in this cold cruel world?

And like such a friend Ambre is sometimes most delightful in retrospect. The next day and a shower later Ambre finally had the faintness to have a little mystery, a little withholding mixed with all that ambery generosity and it was.. an intriguing memory.

24th April, 2010
AMBRE is surprisingly competent, though not particularly sophisticated as others have rightly pointed out. Not much woods nor spice either but it does get smokier towards the drydown. Lasts an acceptable 4-5 hours on me.
31st October, 2009
Obsession for Men stripped down it the amber and it's quite good. Perfect for layering on other fragrances that need a bit of sweet, spicy and woodiness. Also wonderful to fall asleep to.
17th May, 2009
The opening blast reminds me irresistibly of what I enjoyed in POTL Luctor et Emergo: a nutty, smoky-sweet resinous accord. That alone convinced me to buy it, and I do not regret it. It may not be the most sophisticated amber fragrance out there, but it's super enjoyable. Its sweetness *does* have the potential to get cloying, I have to pick the right day to wear it.
A cuddly blanket of a scent.
23rd March, 2009

Add your review of Ambre / Amber

Shop for Ambre / Amber products online

Search Amazon for Ambre / Amber

Member images of Ambre / Amber

There are no member images of Ambre / Amber yet. Why not be the first?