Imperial Jade Emperor (2003)
    by Agatha Brown

Imperial Jade Emperor Fragrance Notes

Imperial Jade Emperor information

A light oriental fragrance

Reviews of Imperial Jade Emperor

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

SirSlarty's avatar

I spent as much time as I could with this trying to figure out if I like it or not. I do not. It's too creamy and sweet for me. It's oddly like Le Male's sweet vanilla and lavender accords minus the essential vanilla that holds Le Male together. Plus there's a lot more floral stuff going on in this which also reminds me of Fleur du Male's creamy florals. The black currant berry-esque note really sticks out and ruins the fragrance for me for an otherwise nice blend of woods and musks.

16 May, 2009

Mario Justiniani's avatar

Cuba Cuba

I don't get it. It's a fight between sweet accords to see which one finally predominates. Mirror mirror on the wall who is the sweetest of them all?
    Let me know who wins.
    Nicheciosity. The Emperor is naked.

06 November, 2006

areko79's avatar

Iran Iran

Imperial Jade is not bad. but esscence of blackcurrant in top notes is similarity Burberry London - YUCK!
    Conquest For Men is better.

17 August, 2006

jbg95's avatar

I read something that quoted thas a Poison for men...definitely! I knew a girl in high school who wore Poison...you could smell it on your clothes two days later. It announced her enterance into a room and permeated the air for hours afterwards. While Imperial Jade Emporer isn't that pervasive, it is sweet, rich and fun. I can't wait to try it, on vacation, in the humidity of the Carribean someday.

31st July, 2006

Acer's avatar

I'm not super fond of the top notes they are a little to floral for me, but the bassnote is great similar to the bassnote of Clive Christian 1872.

28 July, 2006

Most noticeable at first sniff is the lavender note — it’s not the usual take on lavender — it’s muted and smooth and creamy. The honey and currents also make their presence known, providing a very sweet opening with a bite from the current. The fragrance then widens to include florals and woods. The middle registers as a bit exotic — perhaps because woods as prominent as this are typically put into the base of a fragrance. The middle is my favorite part of the scent — it’s rich and eloquent. The dry down returns to the sweet theme of the opening; fortunately, the sweetness is of tonka and amber and musk rather than vanilla sweet. This scent is charming and creative; it is also very nicely structured and pleasant. It certainly doesn’t hurt that it has good longevity and a nice sillage — the Jade Emperor is definitely worth a testing.

15 March, 2006 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2008)

Add your review of Imperial Jade Emperor