Neroli (1981)

Year of Launch1981

HouseCzech & Speake
PerfumerJohn Stephen

About Neroli

Neroli is a shared / unisex perfume by Czech & Speake. The scent was launched in 1981 and the fragrance was created by perfumer John Stephen

Neroli fragrance notes

Reviews of Neroli

A nice, traditional citrus cologne. Spicy orange and bergamot on top of orange blossom and petitgrain, with soap underneath. Given a little time, it all melts together into a pleasant woody, citrusy soap smell that lasts a few hours.

It's worth noting that this smells like orange blossom, as opposed to neroli, and yes there's a difference. They're both from the flowers of the bitter orange tree, but are extracted differently and smell completely different. An orange blossom note smells floral, like the flowers on an orange tree (and that's what this smells like), while neroli is that sweet but masculine candied green orange smell you'd know from Mugler Cologne or Original Vetiver or many other neroli perfumes, and that's not what this smells like. That's not really a complaint, but more a commentary and a warning that this is quite floral, though the woody petitgrain does a good job balancing the floralcy.

Anyway, as compared to the many other citrus colognes out there, C&S Neroli stands out for its woody depth, and for its pleasant balance of soap and citrus.
04th September, 2017
Straight faced neroli. Feels like you rolled around in a neroli bush. Long lasting and assertive without being overwhelming. This is neroli reference. Look no further.
19th November, 2016
Genre: Citrus

Czech & Speake Neroli does what it says on the label, and itís all the better for it. Itís a bright, straightforward neroli fragrance that grows increasingly spicy with wear, and itís absolutely beautiful. The indole, spice, and ethereal sweetness are perfectly blended and balanced, and the result is a remarkable olfactory illusion of living blossoms. Neroli is potent, with ample sillage and projection over a couple of solid hoursí linear progression. It does not alter character in its drydown so much as fade away, expressing orange blossom in all its purity until the very end. A simple pleasure.
21st June, 2014
As you can probably tell, this is not going to be a long lasting one, owing to the light floral note that this encapsulates :)

That said, I consider it my benchmark 'neroli' scent. Originally a gift for my mother, I thought this was just too good not to enjoy it as well, so I ended up with a bottle for myself not long after. I can imagine walking in a field of orange groves in late spring somewhere on a Mediterranean coast, with the hot air blowing this heavenly floral whiff in my direction. You can bet that come summer I'll shower in this stuff and will not hold back on the trigger!!

I find it very refreshing in the summer heat, light and inoffensive and yet quite pronounced for a good 4-6 hours. I can still smell the dry-down beyond that time, which has traces of the top/mid mixed with the ylang-ylang in the base. Overall, it is a very linear scent so don't expect much mutation here.

Easily my favourite from the C&S line. 4/5 overall for me.
25th April, 2014
I love this smell, it's one of the most delicious things I know. Sadly, it fades extremely quickly for me, so I'm not sure if I can justify getting it myself.
27th March, 2013
AlHamr Show all reviews
I'm getting fonder and fonder of this. It's fantastic for hot climes, to beat the oppressive humidity that stops you getting going in the morning, and for a quick spritz during the day.

Despite its fresh, citrusy bitterness, it doesn't fall into classic barbershop territory. The floral note is too pronounced and etherial for that and it packs real depth and a touch of dirtyness, which come from the cumin and animalic notes.

Linear and not a long laster, but a great performer when you want something floral but still very masculine.
16th November, 2012

Add your review of Neroli

Shop for Neroli products online

Shop for Neroli at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Neroli

Member images of Neroli

There are no member images of Neroli yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Neroli