Neroli (1981)

Neroli Fragrance Notes

Neroli information

Neroli is a unisex fragrance by Czech & Speake. The scent was launched in 1981

Reviews of Neroli

Showing 1 to 6 of 28 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus

Czech & Speake Neroli does what it says on the label, and itís all the better for it. Itís a bright, straightforward neroli fragrance that grows increasingly spicy with wear, and itís absolutely beautiful. The indole, spice, and ethereal sweetness are perfectly blended and balanced, and the result is a remarkable olfactory illusion of living blossoms. Neroli is potent, with ample sillage and projection over a couple of solid hoursí linear progression. It does not alter character in its drydown so much as fade away, expressing orange blossom in all its purity until the very end. A simple pleasure.

21st June, 2014

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

As you can probably tell, this is not going to be a long lasting one, owing to the light floral note that this encapsulates :)

That said, I consider it my benchmark 'neroli' scent. Originally a gift for my mother, I thought this was just too good not to enjoy it as well, so I ended up with a bottle for myself not long after. I can imagine walking in a field of orange groves in late spring somewhere on a Mediterranean coast, with the hot air blowing this heavenly floral whiff in my direction. You can bet that come summer I'll shower in this stuff and will not hold back on the trigger!!

I find it very refreshing in the summer heat, light and inoffensive and yet quite pronounced for a good 4-6 hours. I can still smell the dry-down beyond that time, which has traces of the top/mid mixed with the ylang-ylang in the base. Overall, it is a very linear scent so don't expect much mutation here.

Easily my favourite from the C&S line. 4/5 overall for me.

25 April, 2014

cucumberry's avatar

I love this smell, it's one of the most delicious things I know. Sadly, it fades extremely quickly for me, so I'm not sure if I can justify getting it myself.

27 March, 2013

AlHamr's avatar

I'm getting fonder and fonder of this. It's fantastic for hot climes, to beat the oppressive humidity that stops you getting going in the morning, and for a quick spritz during the day.

Despite its fresh, citrusy bitterness, it doesn't fall into classic barbershop territory. The floral note is too pronounced and etherial for that and it packs real depth and a touch of dirtyness, which come from the cumin and animalic notes.

Linear and not a long laster, but a great performer when you want something floral but still very masculine.

16 November, 2012

giuspa's avatar

A good bitter orange eau de cologne; it starts with a strong taste of orange flowers, and it remains on your skin for one or two hours, but vanishing rather soon; it's a good summer fragrance, anyway.

14 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 27 October, 2012)

ferdinand_the_imposter's avatar

The king of Neroli, and possibly the most underrated scent on the market.

Forget Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert (if fades after 11 seconds anyway), and Tom Ford's Neroli (this is half the price, and it's still not cheap.)

Although I take the point about the ying-yang dry-down.

1 All taste is personal.
    2. Smell is probably the most subjective of all five senses.
    3. Try before you buy. (On paper first, then skin.)

10th October, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 October, 2012)

Add your review of Neroli

CZECH & SPEAKE NEROLI COLOGNE 100 ML 3.4 OZ -75% FULL ‚ĚáSTUNNING Citrus
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 12 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)