Scent Intense (2002)

PackagingEnnio Capasa
Parent CompanyBeauty San Spa
Parent Company at launchKanebo > Maxibell

About Scent Intense

Scent Intense is a shared / unisex perfume by Costume National. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Laurent Bruyère. The bottle was designed by Ennio Capasa

Scent Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Scent Intense

Good for a casual atmosphere. Not thrilled.
17th September, 2017 (last edited: 19th September, 2017)
I'm a newcomer to the world of fragrances but I doubt I'll find many perfumes to blow me away quite like this one has.

It's a sumptuous gothic feast, a lavish medieval banquet with all the mystery and allure of a dark moody cathedral.

It smells utterly unlike anything else I've smelt. I spray it on very liberally as my skin seems to gobble perfumes down like a hungry beast. After a few short hours I can't smell it anymore, although of course it lingers for weeks on clothing.

Five stars.
14th June, 2016
This is a dark, dense, woody amber with very low projection and, for me, very little interest. There are subdued hints of fruit & patchouli for the first half-hour, but after this it fades fast & in very linear fashion, barely there after five hours. I don't detect any floral notes at all.
I expected something much more special or unique here, but I'm sorry to say I simply found it dull.
07th July, 2015
Salutation.

SCENT INTENSE represents the tribute to extreme sensuality glamour and sophistication.it is a more sophisticated,sensual and intense interpration of original SCENT.an intoxicating and carnal essence of an erotic and transgressive woman.the composition brings to mind all the sensuality of an embrace. Passionate, Exciting,Sensual,Irresistible,Unisex, Incredibly Dangerous and Dangerously Sexy.

It opens with accords of tea and hibiscus spicy notes of jasmine, patchouli and a secret ingredient from the heart of the perfume.at the base is a voluptuous trail of warm amber makes a elixir for the self assured woman who lives with passion and steps up towards her destiny.the dry down reminds me of a classic fragrance.the scent able to encompass both warmth and intensity of the night.great for autumn and winter.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Pretty Good on my skin.

7.25/10
13th May, 2015
Absolutely mesmerizing. one of my top five favorites. definitely a man trap of a fragrance. Wear it when you want to turn heads and make a statement. beautiful combo of Amber and what seems to be a smooth, sweet, floral. I prefer to wear it in colder weather.
23rd November, 2014
Genre: Oriental

After all the hyperbolic praise heaped upon Scent Intense, I was expecting something controversial and exciting. I imagined a work of blazing originality, something so bold and distinctive that I'd either adore it or despise it. Guess what? It's OK in my book, but just OK, and certainly not some sort of olfactory breakthrough.

Scent Intense goes on as a very sweet, fruity amber. The berry note is very bright and clear in contrast to the rich, dark amber, and the two are almost entirely unblended. I find the resulting accord decidedly synthetic and excessively sweet.

The syrupy opening is very persistent, and it's a solid three or four hours before an exotic floral element (hibiscus, I presume,) distinguishes itself. The floral note is soon followed by some incense and a nicely rendered dry wood, but these are not sufficient to balance out the overwhelming sweetness.

The drydown is amber and woods, still quite sweet and a little bit powdery, and not at all unusual. Yes, there's some incense in Scent Intense, but I still see it as a straightforward ambery oriental, and a rather simple one at that. I'm certainly not going to throw away my Musc Ravageur for this.

02nd July, 2014