parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru (2002)
    by Comme des Garçons

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 155 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru information

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru

Showing 1 to 6 of 31 reviews.

Mapletop's avatar

I was referred to this fragrance for a green vetiver scent, which is not IMO. However I find that it has too many floral notes for me. It reminds me of a generic Avon womens perfume. This might be OK for a woman but it gets a thumbs down for men. I have heard people compare the light vetiver scent to Blvgari PH, but Blvgari is much more wearable for men and less sythetic smelling without the florals. The only similarity is within 5 minutes of application.

10th November, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Another win from Comme des Garçons. Vettiveru is a great, irresistible contemporary vetiver scent, cleaner than clean, with zesty head notes and subtle warm notes below, almost "zen" in its perfect simplicity - as much simple as totally meaningful and substantial. The vetiver note here is perfectly sharp, natural, slightly floral but with a woody-earthy heart, slightly more peppery on the drydown but always keeping it radiant and bright. Elegant, refined, modern, versatile without smelling dull or generic – rather the kind of scent you'll love to splash in after a shower. Perfect for any moment you want to smell clean, classy, natural and elegantly understated. Persistence is quite long, almost like any average edt, so totally satisfying also considering the incredibly low price. The modern version of those "pillars of masculine class" like Signoricci or early Guerlain's Vetiver in its eau de cologne concentration. Fantastic!

10th October, 2014

AlHamr's avatar

Fresh-ish woody vetiver with a huge dose of iso e

The opening promises more than the drydown can deliver and is quite etherial. This starts off smelling like a fairly light, subtle, classic vetiver, with some skin, some salt and a hint of florality, but quickly reveals itself as a lighter, fresher version of Encre Noir, the commonality being provided by a similarly heavy dose of Iso E Super. But it's not a fresh as I'd like it to be and that freshness pretty much vanishes as the Iso E takes over, about half an hour after application. Not bad, but to me this strategy is like covering a fine woodcarving in polyurethane varnish. It gives it shine and smoothness (and longevity) but drowns out any of the interesting points in a flood of glossy satin. Another analogy would be like living life on particuarly strong sedatives. I have a strong suspicion this overdose is one of the reasons both EN and this are relatively inexpensive.

Pros: Interesting, intriguing opening; cheap but not as cheap as it should be
    Cons: Long mogadon drydown.

07th July, 2013

Redbeard's avatar

It's been a while since I previously tried this, but I still remember it being sweeter and more floral than other vetivers. It opens very crisp and grassy, with what almost seems like a hint of mint. Much like Bobby Jones, it really makes me think of a lawn or a golf course. It's quiet in a kind of balanced way, which I'm somehow convinced is due to their not using any of the sharper-smelling natural oils (definitely a synthetic vibe!). Later on there gets to be more soil and less grass, almost straying into the violetty woods regime of He Wood and its flankers. It's not as strong as I recalled, but then I guess they're putting it in a "cologne" series since it's an EdC? Toward the end I start to recognize the inky component of the vetiver, but I still feel like I somehow missed something here. I thought I recalled it being more natural, but it's still decent, and it seems to recover strength and return to a more normal vetiver smell by the end. I'm giving it a reluctant thumbs-up in part because of how cheap it is and how long it lasts.

28th March, 2013

leto's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Very good fresh vetiver fragrance and it is very cheap. Recomended.

09th May, 2012

dark phoenix 123's avatar

Singapore Singapore

vetiver is a scent that u cannot go very wrong with... coupled with the citrusy note, vettiveru smells invigorating to me. the huge 17 oz bottle also means u can splash it around liberally and indulge in this somewhat old-school but nonetheless very pleasant and "cooling" scent.

11th November, 2011