parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru (2002)
    by Comme des Garçons

• Launched: 2002
    • Type: Shared / Unisex / Unspecified
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

AlHamr's avatar
    AlHamr

Fresh-ish woody vetiver with a huge dose of iso e

The opening promises more than the drydown can deliver and is quite etherial. This starts off smelling like a fairly light, subtle, classic vetiver, with some skin, some salt and a hint of florality, but quickly reveals itself as a lighter, fresher version of Encre Noir, the commonality being provided by a similarly heavy dose of Iso E Super. But it's not a fresh as I'd like it to be and that freshness pretty much vanishes as the Iso E takes over, about half an hour after application. Not bad, but to me this strategy is like covering a fine woodcarving in polyurethane varnish. It gives it shine and smoothness (and longevity) but drowns out any of the interesting points in a flood of glossy satin. Another analogy would be like living life on particuarly strong sedatives. I have a strong suspicion this overdose is one of the reasons both EN and this are relatively inexpensive.

Pros: Interesting, intriguing opening; cheap but not as cheap as it should be
    Cons: Long mogadon drydown.

07 July, 2013

Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

It's been a while since I previously tried this, but I still remember it being sweeter and more floral than other vetivers. It opens very crisp and grassy, with what almost seems like a hint of mint. Much like Bobby Jones, it really makes me think of a lawn or a golf course. It's quiet in a kind of balanced way, which I'm somehow convinced is due to their not using any of the sharper-smelling natural oils (definitely a synthetic vibe!). Later on there gets to be more soil and less grass, almost straying into the violetty woods regime of He Wood and its flankers. It's not as strong as I recalled, but then I guess they're putting it in a "cologne" series since it's an EdC? Toward the end I start to recognize the inky component of the vetiver, but I still feel like I somehow missed something here. I thought I recalled it being more natural, but it's still decent, and it seems to recover strength and return to a more normal vetiver smell by the end. I'm giving it a reluctant thumbs-up in part because of how cheap it is and how long it lasts.

28 March, 2013

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

Very good fresh vetiver fragrance and it is very cheap. Recomended.

09 May, 2012

dark phoenix 123's avatar
    dark phoenix 123
    Singapore Singapore

vetiver is a scent that u cannot go very wrong with... coupled with the citrusy note, vettiveru smells invigorating to me. the huge 17 oz bottle also means u can splash it around liberally and indulge in this somewhat old-school but nonetheless very pleasant and "cooling" scent.

11th November, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

I can easily say that Vettiveru is a valid candidate to be considered one of the best bang for the buck when it comes to vetivers. An incredibly nice composition that improves the eau de cologne formula with a slightly "dirty" vetiver note. The overall effect is quite intriguing with the clean aspect given by the neroli/bergamot/florals combo juxtaposed to a dominant vetiver note that add a earthy/salty vibe that's at the same time refreshing and invigorating. Great lasting power, nice projection, very reasonably priced. One of the best "fresh" vetivers around. Recommended!

30th September, 2011

cheryl's avatar
    cheryl

A sheer vetiver that achieves warmth through some hay notes, and dryness through some lemon-mineral notes. It's nice. But, like others here have mentioned, it's not particularly compelling. It gives a I-use-very-nice-soap vibe.

31st January, 2011