parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Citrico (2002)
    by Comme des Garçons

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 34 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Citrico information

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Citrico is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Citrico

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 3 Negative Reviews

srschirm's avatar

This reminds me of Acqua di Parma. It's a solid addition to your collection. It's fun putting the Citrico on one arm, and the Acqua di Parma on the other just to compare.

03 December, 2013

rogalal's avatar

Citrico follows the basic cologne recipe of bright orange over orange blossoms and petitgrain, but is mostly notable for the way it makes use of lavender. There's a certain synergy that happens when you mix orange and lavender - you don't really smell the lavender, but instead you get a very dirty bright orange smell that I personally find intoxicating. Citrico does this exceptionally well, even including a dash of black pepper for added dirty brightness and a hit of neroli to extend the juicy acidic citric smell beyond the reach of an average orange scent, so the end result is a cologne that's dirtier than average, and with good staying power. Hours later, I'm left with the smell of honey and orange blossoms smeared on wood, which makes for a good ending, too.

As a side note, I have some serious pet peeves with citrus colognes. First, I hate it when the orange gets too fake and artificial and ends up smelling like Sunny Delight or Tang or some kind of candy. Second, I dislike untempered petitgrain, which can be incredibly harsh if not mixed perfectly. Citrico doesn't fall into either of these traps, which is why it's one of my favorites of the genre.

03 December, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

Everyone must know that cologne means citrus and some kind of lavender. Fresh and open, Citrico is a good study in synthetic colognes. Very pleasant and a good offering, it can get a bit too much at times but on the plus side it fades away quickly. Weird? Yeah. Good pick me up for summer.

17 November, 2008

Jemimagold's avatar

I guess my love affair with Comme des Garcons perfumes had to end sometime and Citrico was the culprit, although I won't go as far as to say it has ended on a "sour note" (ha ha). After experiencing the intriguing and wonderful Comme des Garcons' Ouarzazate, Kyoto, Zagorsk and Jaisalmer, Citrico was a return to the world of mundane, bland perfumes which seem dumbed down so as not to offend any potential purchasers.

There is no zest or liveliness with Citrico. Instead, it focuses on emitting a light herbally lemon smell that is rather boring. In the herbal/dry aromatic sub-genre of citrus perfumes, Etro's Lemon Sorbet is better made and more complex than Citrico, but that old stand-by Roger et Gallet's Extra Vieille outshines them both. And is much cheaper!

Here are Citrico's notes, per The Perfumed Court: bitter orange, bergamot, neroli, cedar, sandalwood and lemon.

17 July, 2008

ichristofer's avatar

Wonderfully fresh, light, and perfect for Summer.

It promises this and delivers for about...5 minutes (at least for me)no matter how much I put on or even if I dab it on clothes (discreetly). I have read all these reviews and wonder if I got a bad batch?

I wish it would last longer because it is exceptional and less spicy than C&S Neroli.

09 May, 2007

Two out of three ain’t bad: Citrico and Vettiveru, yes. Anbar, no. I am beginning to like this cologne concept—light, bright, pleasant fragrances whose primary purpose is to offer an immediate refreshing splash of energizing aromas. As far as CDG’s three colognes go, Citrico is my second favorite after Vettiveru, and I like both of them very much. I think I prefer Vettiveru because it’s based on vetiver instead of citrus, and, consequently, it is a change of pace. The first notes of Citrico are rather startling for a cologne—bitter, as in bitter orange, and it’s soapy, too, but the accord is augmented by a powerhouse of other citrus notes to immediately smooth it down and clean it up. I don’t usually think of “splash on” colognes as being this dramatic, so I’ve really enjoyed the surprise. It is a tiny bit synthetic but not enough to annoy me, and it holds its own for an impressive amount of time for a citrus. Fresh, a tad edgy, gentle, agreeable sillage—this is a very attractive and loveable fragrance.

04 March, 2007