parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar (2002)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar information

Year of Launch2002

HouseComme des Garçons

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is in the classic summer cologne style: refreshing lemon and bergamot together with a mandarine-orangey citrus core - roll on sun and blue skies!

The drydown sees the citrus notes evaporate, but on me the bergamot lingers for a number of hours, extending the fresh component beyond what I would normally expect from a summer cologne. That said, the drydown is dominated by a white musk, which at times is undelined by whiffs of a very subtle spice note. Here arises the amber that gives this creation its name, and that grows ever more prominent as we are heading towards the base notes. During the last couple of hours this amber is just a tad on the discretely sweet side, with the amber constituting the gradually fading finale.

The sillage is soft overall, the projection very good, and the longevity eight hours.

An uncomplicated summer cologne with performance-boosting
and longevity-enhancing ambery extension - a nice idea. 3.25/5.

07th December, 2016
Well done citrus! Would love to sample in the summer! Perfect for outdoor activities. I could rock this at the beach as well. Nice! 8/10
17th November, 2015
Anbar opens with a zesty-sour lemon accord on a subtle floral-camphoraceous accord (which will eventually emerge better later on), with an overall quite bold feel of insecticide - that type of anti-mosquitos citronellol-based products. On the very base I also detect something slightly musky, almost urinous, but more on the “ammonia” side. As minutes pass the floral note becomes more crisp and bold, also fresh and bright at first, really natural and “botanical”, a fresh carnation-neroli accord with tart lemon drops. Once the fresh head notes vanish the scent becomes then increasingly drier, darker, more “adult” somehow, with the floral-spices accord (cloves are quite easy to spot) taking the stage. During this phase, which is basically the drydown already, it’s quite all about neroli, carnation and lavender, supported by a subtle dusty-warm feel (I guess it’s amber). Bright yet powerful and quite simple, with in my opinion a remarkable “chemical” feel that makes it sadly not that pleasant to wear after a while – that initial “insecticide” feel won’t really go away, despite the evolution. The drydown is fairly nice, as it’s mostly a floral-soapy-ambery gentle smell, but nothing special really, and again smelling a bit cheap to me. The price is fair enough, though, and the persistence is surprisingly long.

09th December, 2014
I'm new to this game, but sample of this cologne that just arrived at my doorstep is terrible.
I strong citrus opening which was pleasant and quite mature, but after about an hour the citrus was in a death roll with a clove scented crocodile. Now I may be an olfactory philistine, but cloves on my skin is an offensive smell.
How
I wish my nose and/or skin chemistry allowed me to share the experience of the reviewers whom gave this cologne a thumbs up.
16th February, 2013
A long lasting EDC at a very reasonably price. Anbar opens with the usual blast of citruses (mainly lemon and mandarine-orange to me) supported by a faint lavender note. Neroli breaks in right away providing the typical Eau De Cologne vibe while a sublte amber note starts to lurk in the back. The fragrance evolves turning into a very simple, yet nonetheless enjoyable, neroli/amber drydown. A very nice all rounder...
24th December, 2011
I sampled all three from the cologne series and came home with Anbar. That's not to say that I didn't like the rest, it was a winner above the rest. Citrico's longevity was much too short. Vettiveru's scent was great but much too common. Anbar starts off like Citrico but ends with a character all its own. Creamy orange blossom. Some have said like a jawbreaker but I never liked jawbreakers as a kid so I wouldn't know but the scent does remind me of a candy for sure. However, since this aspect of the cologne reveals itself on the drydown it's not overtly sweet. It's a thoroughly engaging experience and that's why I bought the 500ml bottle.
02nd August, 2011

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar products online

Search Amazon for parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar

There are no member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Anbar yet. Why not be the first?