parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily (2000)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily information

Year of Launch2000

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerFlorence Idier
PackagingRei Kawakubo
PackagingMarc Atlan

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily

Leaves' is the first in a series of fragrance collections by Commes des Garcons.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily

Genre: Green Floral

Lily is a cool, liquid, and elegant exercise in minimalism. The citrus top notes are sharp, sour, and acidic, with an air of cider vinegar about them. Crisp and slightly astringent green notes then herald the transparent muguet accord that emerges in their wake. The brisk greens and tart citrus ward off the stuffiness that burdens some muguet fragrances. The end result is bright, clear, and summery.

Lily is a simple scent, linear and not all that long-lasting. It's also happy and uplifting, and I think it makes a great warm weather pick-me-up.

19th June, 2014
Definitely worth checking out. It opens with quite a tart, loud Lily underpinned with some rose but eventually softens nicely and doesn't go 'powerdery' like some CdG scents can. Doesn't as last as long as I would like but it's a great fragrance to spray on at the start of a beautiful day before heading out.
02nd June, 2014
Early on in my perfume explorations, I bought a bottle of Lily at the cool CDG boutique while on vacation in New York because I liked the peppery greens. Years later, I almost never wear it and only sort of like it, though I use it as a room spray a lot, just because it's around and I want to use it.

It's mostly a mix of the familiar lily chemicals, very green and vaguely aquatic, with a shot of pepper on top, leafy greens in the middle, and a weird milky characteristic that reminds me of sap or the smell of a broken-open piece of aloe. Eventually, this is joined by some faux rose, which lends the whole mix a bit of a white floral quality, as well as a shot of powder. Once the powdery flowers come in, the perfume takes on a fairly realistic quality, though that fake green chemical character never really goes away and there's a waxy plastic note (a CDG trademark) that I usually enjoy in CDG's scents, but that I feel really exaggerates the artificial cheap undertones that are bothering me in Lily.

Knowing what I know now, I'd probably pick Malle's Lys over CDG's Lily. It's very similar, but minus that plastic cheapness and with a part in the drydown that smells dead-on like stargazer lilies, which I love. That being said, I think the truth is that I just don't like lily scents that much. Oh well - live and learn!
15th June, 2012
Running against the herd here! On first sniff my face automatically turned away in aversion. Thin lily-ish scent with screechy green aspect pulled to the fore. Smells cheap and artificial - perhaps if I'd given it time it would have become better as other reviewers seem to think. Or perhaps not for me.
05th March, 2012

I guess I’m joining the fan club here: This is a quiet and lovely lily of the valley scent… remarkable for it’s simplicity. It opens green – too green, but it doesn’t stay in greenness very long. It softly takes on the lily of the valley note, supported by an unaccustomedly quiet freesia in the background giving just the perfect complementary vibrations. From there Lily simply lets its beauty slowly wane and dissolve.

…A graceful feminine beauty with good sillage and longevity..

14th November, 2009
Wow. My aversion to most lily fragrances (though I admit I've learned to love both Lys Mediterranee and Penhaligon's Lily & Spice) made me avoid this one for such a long time, but this isn't really a lily scent at all, it's a lily of the valley scent! And the purest, best, truest to life I've ever smelt! I love Diorissimo, but in comparison it's much more "perfumey" and with lots of other things going on beside the lily of the valley note. This is pure, fresh, green lily of the valley perfection.
15th September, 2009

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily

There are no member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 1 Leaves: Lily yet. Why not be the first?