Dia Man (2002)

About Dia Man

Dia Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2002

Dia Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Dia Man

Dia presents to me, the beauty of, both Static and Dynamic. Consonance and dissonance. A Mathematical, Austere, Beauty.
The Music is of leaning into Beethoven or the tap tap of a Sculptor.
Finding the familiar in what was unfamiliar a moment ago.
I have come across this in only two other perfumes.

Chanel Bois Noir and Hendley Jade.

Back to reality.

Dia presents to me......
15th September, 2017
My second Amouage and I really like it. As others have said, it goes on with a big amber floral bomb. Not too floral to scare away the manly men out there, but very flowery in an oriental way. The initial 30 minutes smells like a super refined, modern "CK Obsession". There's really nothing to not love about the opening of this fragrance.

Then the real heart of the fragrance comes to the front - Cardamom. Lots and lots of Cardamom. Dia quickly becomes a warm skin scent that seems to perfectly balance and rotate between leather, Cardamom (and a note which isn't listed but is obviously there, sweet ginger).

It's a wonderfully classic fragrance - extremely wearable, expensive and rich. It smells modern so it's not dated and would be a safe fragrance to wear at any occasion. If I had to compare it to a mass produced fragrance I would have to say the dry down is very, very similar to "play intense".

Next to no projection so it's great for lovers of skin scents. Highly recommended.
29th November, 2016
bokaba Show all reviews
Type: citrus/incense

Dia Man is an interesting fragrance no doubt. I enjoy light, airy eau de colognes, but Dia Man (in its current forum) is even too light and airy for me. The fragrance is very linear with little to no development.

The whole fragrance is nice citrus cologne with a smattering of fruit and frankincense that last perhaps 30 minutes. Very nice, but not worth the $$$.
11th November, 2016
Woody, spicy, smoky, citrus, floral---Amouage's Dia Man resides at the intersection at a variety of influences. For me, the opening of incense, cardamom, labdanum, and orange constitutes the majority of the experience, even though it settles into a woody base involving vetiver and patchouli and allegedly some leather. I don't get the plum sweetness specifically in the heart, as I was imagining it was the amber in the drydown that balanced out the harsher notes with some sweetness.

Overall, Dia Man feels easy to wear---not too floral to ostracize some men, but not too laden with patchouli, vetiver, or leather to scare aware other men, or women, from wearing it or at least enjoying smelling it on someone else.

Probably versatile enough to be worn year-round, it's also unisex enough to be considered unisex. It might be a little cloying for the summer and a little weak for the coldest days of winter, but apart from that, it ought to work for both sexes most days of the year.

I'm not sure it's unusually good, which is to say that I would immediately contemplate spending the cost of $150+ for 100ml on one of the discount sites (both FragranceNet and BeautySpin are comparable in this case), but I could certainly put this on a back burner as something I may want to acquire. Very nice, and very agreeable, but not so outstanding, which is why it could do perfectly well as a signature scent since it's not controversial at all. Still, in that respect, it leans ever so slightly to generic designer's men's fragrances. I do wonder if it's comparable to anything cheaper on the market, but who knows.

7 out of 10
06th September, 2016
After an excitingly promising open, this transitions into a smell that's just ok, and not something I would want to project, like an overly fragranced lotion.
03rd August, 2016
I just can't seem to find much that I enjoy in the Amouage line. Dia Man is much too floral for my taste. I've only worn it once, so to be fair, I'll try it a few more times before commenting further.
17th May, 2016

Add your review of Dia Man

Shop for Dia Man products online

Shop for Dia Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dia Man

Member images of Dia Man

There are no member images of Dia Man yet. Why not be the first?