Dia Man (2002)

Dia Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2002

Dia Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Dia Man

Stardate 20171209:

I have a sample of Dia man. I did not like it. It is thin, weak and meh. Could not understand why people like it.
Then I tried the vintage Khanjar version. And now I know.
It is a masterpiece. Starts a lot like R de Capucci but then veers off to more floral, spicy path. It is very vintage (70-80s) in character and performance ( those who know me will know that this is a compliment).
A shame they reformulated it to green vetiver-cumin mess. Well actually it is not that bad and does get better after and hour or so.

10th December, 2017
The word beautiful relates to Dia Man more than any other fragrance I have ever tried. If I picture heaven in my mind this is what I smell. It smells of the angels.

Elegant, powdery, floral. Just the right side of manly. Longevity isn't great.

The only problem I have and what is stopping me purchasing a full bottle is that around the 30 minute mark there is a slight body odor smell. It lasts for around an hour.

When this juice shines it shines bright but I can't get past the B.O smell.
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 20th November, 2017)
Opens up like the smell of really expensive skin lotion and transitions into the mid/base within an hour to a powdery, spicy (cumin), vetiver dry down which vaguely reminds me of Cartier's Declaration.

Love the opening which feels really classy & sophisticated but the dry down not so much.
It sits very close to the skin throughout its duration of about 6-7 hours.

Would had given a thumbs up had the opening lasted for 3-4 hours.

29th October, 2017
This is the work of a true master. Discreet but brave, persistent, self-conscious, full of the respect for the history of scents.

The opening is floral with touch of plums. Next phase is mix of florals and suede. Final transition is to the mixture of suede and vetiver with hints of patchouli. At the very end I can see a nod to history of barber shop fragrances, at one point even reminds me to some the royal version of Aramis by Aramis.

Dia man lasts about 8 hours on the skin. Projection is persistent and in the range that i like the most, people have to get close to you to smell it, but it’s definitely not a skin scent.

Probably one of the best and complete fragrances on the market today.
24th October, 2017
Dia presents to me, the beauty of, both Static and Dynamic. Consonance and dissonance. A Mathematical, Austere, Beauty.
The Music is of leaning into Beethoven or the tap tap of a Sculptor.
Finding the familiar in what was unfamiliar a moment ago.
I have come across this in only two other perfumes.

Chanel Bois Noir and Hendley Jade.

Back to reality.

Dia presents to me......
15th September, 2017
My second Amouage and I really like it. As others have said, it goes on with a big amber floral bomb. Not too floral to scare away the manly men out there, but very flowery in an oriental way. The initial 30 minutes smells like a super refined, modern "CK Obsession". There's really nothing to not love about the opening of this fragrance.

Then the real heart of the fragrance comes to the front - Cardamom. Lots and lots of Cardamom. Dia quickly becomes a warm skin scent that seems to perfectly balance and rotate between leather, Cardamom (and a note which isn't listed but is obviously there, sweet ginger).

It's a wonderfully classic fragrance - extremely wearable, expensive and rich. It smells modern so it's not dated and would be a safe fragrance to wear at any occasion. If I had to compare it to a mass produced fragrance I would have to say the dry down is very, very similar to "play intense".

Next to no projection so it's great for lovers of skin scents. Highly recommended.
29th November, 2016

Add your review of Dia Man

Shop for Dia Man products online

Shop for Dia Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dia Man

Member images of Dia Man

There are no member images of Dia Man yet. Why not be the first?