Dia Man (2002)

About Dia Man

Dia Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2002

Dia Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Dia Man

On my skin, Dia Man is powerful, mature and powdery. Reminds me of how my grandfather smelled. It is somewhat fresh and clean but not in a modern way. More like in the old-money way. This smells like who has money and who has had it for a while...and is possibly retired.

Lasts all day on me and really projects nicely.
20th September, 2018
I've had the opportunity to smell 3 different formulations of Dia...the current magnetic cap, the pre-magnetic cap version, and now , the old Khangar bottle version...to me, this is Amouage's most polite and laid back scent...the scent profile seems to say the same , but it seems to get progressively weaker as it goes along the years...the Khanjar version is definitely somewhat juicier and richer than the current version...a shame that in all 3 versions the projection and longevity are poor, because I do find this to be a very attractive scent and gives me much pleasure smelling it...I can understand comments that I've read comparing this in various ways to XXV...there's the incense, the flowers, the flavor of rich fruits and citruses...and there is a vague resemblance in the overall smell of the 2 fragrances...to me though , XXV is a true oriental , whereas Dia strikes me more as a quasi-oriental with a Western edge...I think if there was a designer scent at a decent price that smelled like this, it would be a smash hit with the general public...a gentleman's scent...
19th June, 2018
Dia is subtle and doesn't project much. It is meant to be worn as a skin scent, daily. Although I concluded otherwise on my first wear, I have realized that it actually has pretty good longevity (8-9 hours). Its low sillage makes it less noticable, though. I love Dia for its subtlety and will probably buy a FB, but this is not a compliment getter or "wow" scent.
27th March, 2018
Stardate 20171209:

I have a sample of Dia man. I did not like it. It is thin, weak and meh. Could not understand why people like it.
Then I tried the vintage Khanjar version. And now I know.
It is a masterpiece. Starts a lot like R de Capucci but then veers off to more floral, spicy path. It is very vintage (70-80s) in character and performance ( those who know me will know that this is a compliment).
A shame they reformulated it to green vetiver-cumin mess. Well actually it is not that bad and does get better after and hour or so.

10th December, 2017
The word beautiful relates to Dia Man more than any other fragrance I have ever tried. If I picture heaven in my mind this is what I smell. It smells of the angels.

Elegant, powdery, floral. Just the right side of manly. Longevity isn't great but in fairness I believe the fragrance was deliberately made this way. It is not supposed to jump out at you. It is discreet and gentle. Probably the greatest understated fragrance ever made.

UPDATE
I sold my bottle. Still smells amazing but I have decided that it's just too light and airy which goes against my tastes. I get virtually zero projection. Such a shame that a fragrance this beautiful goes unnoticed.
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 02nd November, 2018)
Opens up like the smell of really expensive skin lotion and transitions into the mid/base within an hour to a powdery, spicy (cumin), vetiver dry down which vaguely reminds me of Cartier's Declaration.

Love the opening which feels really classy & sophisticated but the dry down not so much.
It sits very close to the skin throughout its duration of about 6-7 hours.

Would had given a thumbs up had the opening lasted for 3-4 hours.

29th October, 2017

Add your review of Dia Man

Shop for Dia Man products online

Amouage 'Dia' Eau De Parfum For Man 1.7oz In Box LOW FILL 98% (Original Formula)

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 11:19:20 PST

Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz 100 ml Spray New in Box Sealed

End Date: Thursday Nov-22-2018 14:34:21 PST
Buy It Now for only: $176.30
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Dia Men's Cologne - 3.3 / 3.4 oz / 100 ml Eau De Parfum Spray New In Box

$86.00 (11 Bids)

Dia by Amouage for Men 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray Brand New

End Date: Friday Nov-23-2018 20:33:06 PST
Buy It Now for only: $169.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

FREDERIC MALLE Bigarde Concentree, Noir Epices AMOUAGE Dia Man INITIO Magnetic 7

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Member images of Dia Man

There are no member images of Dia Man yet. Why not be the first?