Dia Man (2002)

About Dia Man

Dia Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2002

Dia Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Dia Man

Amouage Dia Man is pretty damn gorgeous and if I were one (a man, that is) I would wear the hell out of this. Dia Woman seems like a dumbed down/lessened version of Gold Woman (to me), but the male version of Dia has a personality all of its own. Elegant, powdery, floral, spicy, and yet extremely wearable on a daily basis, thanks to the airiness of its touch. There is something about the cardamom and ginger(?) here, that adds to its effortless breeziness, and yet, the base notes of leather and wood anchor it and hold the whole thing together. Really nice stuff!
27th January, 2019
On my skin, Dia Man is powerful, mature and powdery. Reminds me of how my grandfather smelled. It is somewhat fresh and clean but not in a modern way. More like in the old-money way. This smells like who has money and who has had it for a while...and is possibly retired.

Lasts all day on me and really projects nicely.
20th September, 2018
I've had the opportunity to smell 3 different formulations of Dia...the current magnetic cap, the pre-magnetic cap version, and now , the old Khangar bottle version...to me, this is Amouage's most polite and laid back scent...the scent profile seems to say the same , but it seems to get progressively weaker as it goes along the years...the Khanjar version is definitely somewhat juicier and richer than the current version...a shame that in all 3 versions the projection and longevity are poor, because I do find this to be a very attractive scent and gives me much pleasure smelling it...I can understand comments that I've read comparing this in various ways to XXV...there's the incense, the flowers, the flavor of rich fruits and citruses...and there is a vague resemblance in the overall smell of the 2 fragrances...to me though , XXV is a true oriental , whereas Dia strikes me more as a quasi-oriental with a Western edge...I think if there was a designer scent at a decent price that smelled like this, it would be a smash hit with the general public...a gentleman's scent...
19th June, 2018
Dia is subtle and doesn't project much. Although I concluded otherwise on my first wear, I have realized that it actually has pretty good longevity (8-9 hours). This was the scent I liked best from Amouage's collection that also includes Jubilation and Reflection. After trying the sample for almost a year, I have decided that I need this and have bought a FB. Dia is extremely wearable, IF you can accept that it is not all woods and spices, but also has floral notes. It does have some similarity to Silver and Ciel in this respect, but does not go as far with the florals as these two. A wonderful, complex scent that never gets boring.

27th March, 2018 (last edited: 04th December, 2018)
Stardate 20171209:

I have a sample of Dia man. I did not like it. It is thin, weak and meh. Could not understand why people like it.
Then I tried the vintage Khanjar version. And now I know.
It is a masterpiece. Starts a lot like R de Capucci but then veers off to more floral, spicy path. It is very vintage (70-80s) in character and performance ( those who know me will know that this is a compliment).
A shame they reformulated it to green vetiver-cumin mess. Well actually it is not that bad and does get better after and hour or so.

10th December, 2017
The word beautiful relates to Dia Man more than any other fragrance I have ever tried. If I picture heaven in my mind this is what I smell. It smells of the angels.

Elegant, powdery, floral. Just the right side of manly. Longevity isn't great but in fairness I believe the fragrance was deliberately made this way. It is not supposed to jump out at you. It is discreet and gentle. Probably the greatest understated fragrance ever made.

UPDATE
I sold my bottle. Still smells amazing but I have decided that it's just too light and airy which goes against my tastes. I get virtually zero projection. Such a shame that a fragrance this beautiful goes unnoticed.
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 02nd November, 2018)

Add your review of Dia Man

Amouage Dia Coffret: EDP Eau De Parfum Spray + Bath & Shower Gel 2pcs Mens

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 16:34:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $349.07
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Gold by Amouage, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Men NIB Authentic!

End Date: Wednesday Mar-20-2019 16:38:05 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $176.80
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Dia Man Pour Homme Amouage Factory Sample Vintage Cologne EdT 0.05 oz (1.5 ml)

End Date: Thursday Mar-21-2019 17:26:54 PDT

Dia by Amouage for Men 3.4 oz EDP Spray (Relaunched) Brand New

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 21:02:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $159.95

Member images of Dia Man

There are no member images of Dia Man yet. Why not be the first?