Mediterraneum (1993)
    by Versace

Mediterraneum information

Created for and promoted by Fabio Lanzoni, an Italian model / actor.

Reviews of Mediterraneum

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 10 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Orpheus99's avatar
    Orpheus99

Smells like a light version of Le Male mixed with some bright citrus when you first spray it on. After about 15 minutes, pleasant spices start to develop. This has good projection. I smell the spices from a distance, light Le Male when I put put my nose close. Lasted about 3 hours on me before it faded down. I can see myself wearing this from time to time.

04 August, 2011

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

The amount of follow-the-leader played by the designer fragrance market is disconcerting. At the time, Mediterraneum seemed like a Minotaure ripoff with its featured note of sweet orange. A decade-and-a-half later and this looks like more of an individual compared to the current landscape.

I'm not especially fond of the opening of Med, nor of the orange-heavy center section. Where Mediterraneum shines is in the drydown. Like a well-crafted story that seems a bit scattered until the final sentence ties it all together - the drydown presages, by three years, the drydown of Opium Pour Homme.

I could go with a neutral thumb, but for the cheap price and the solid longevity and nice drydown, I'll give this the benefit of the not quite reluctant thumbs-up.

04 February, 2011

Sunsetspawn's avatar
    Sunsetspawn

I wanted to say that Mediterraneum isn't a good name for this fragrance, but then I remembered that I've never left the US and perhaps it is a good name. It's great stuff, regardless of whether or not the name is appropriate. Every description here is accurate. This is a big, sweet, spicy orange. There is also some patchouli and light woods underneath, and although the patchouli doesn't seem that noticeable, it really is steering the ship. It's what causes this fragrance to stay out of the "light," so to speak.

So as fantastic as this is, there really is another question at stake here. Due to the fact that this is discontinued, is it worth seeking out and becoming attached? Is it worth the risk of getting a watered down bottle from a scammer on an auction site?

I don't know yet, but I have a listing in my favorites.

10th October, 2010

funhuntr's avatar
    funhuntr
    Philippine Philippine

Good thing I never saw any advertising for Mediterraneum to provide me an unfair bias. And even if some of the reviewers mentioned it can be bought cheaply online or everywhere else, it's certainly not a fixture here where I'm from, in fact I found this on the bottom shelf of an obscure frag shop. Cheap notions aside, this is a great fragrance from Versace, a great take on citrus. It's not a bright, sparkly concoction, as many citrus frags out there have been doing now...it's a dark, heavy citrus that isn't cloying, like an orange that has been left out in the sun -- its opening hook is just right to bring you in, revealing a deep middle that continues to entice. On the description, it was made for / or modeled by Fabio, and interestingly enough, it might as well be. A big masculine citrus scent that doesn't take any prisoners, but isn't too brash to turn off people. I only have a 50ml bottle; it might as well be the only 50ml bottle I have that I want backup bottles of immediately.

06 April, 2010

LilianNY's avatar
    LilianNY

I love this stuff. Bought my bottle at Bendels on clearance at least 10 years ago and use very sparingly because sometimes I want something lighter.... also a little goes a long way and on me, lasts all day. This is a spicy/musky/patchouli to me, reminds me a little of the Tom Ford White Orchid. I think it is geared toward men, but I wear it also (for ref I love Tea for Two, Hadrien Body Cream, Cristalle edT and The Pour Un Ete). I don't know what they were thinking with the marketing, but it definitely doesn't seem to be a "Fabio" type of scent. I see that they are a bargain on ebay now so will probably try a bottle to see if it is the same stuff. My bottle has a blue plastic cap with a little metal look over it. I'm surprised how little info I can find on this. Would also love to know more about the Mediterraneum Donna if anyone has tried it.

15 April, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Wonderfully strong. Like a huge spicy orange. Cheap and good smelling, how could you go wrong? (Other than it doesn't last long) Still love it.

26 May, 2008