Sandalwood (2004)

Year of Launch2004

HouseArt of Shaving
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble

About Sandalwood

Sandalwood is a masculine fragrance by Art of Shaving. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Sandalwood

Not a long-lasting scent on me, but nonetheless....

Sandalwood by Art of Shaving feels clean, exotic, definitely woody and spicy as true Mysore sandalwood would be. It is a great post-shaving fragrance, which actually helps to extend the longevity a bit.

16th December, 2016
In my opinion, the aftershave balm has a nicer sandalwood note. This scent barely registered on my skin.
25th September, 2016
Love this fragrance! The opening is like walking through a pine forest during winter. Wintergreen is the accord, but not sweet wintergreen (gum). This is more of an herbal/medicinal wintergreen that adds a cooling effect. After theopening it's all about the creamy sandalwood. The dry down reminds me of Pal Zileri Santorial. Excellent quality fragrance that's sadly been discontinued.
19th August, 2016
Really great sandalwood! A real surprise as I had been given a gift sample of the shave cream several years ago. Read about the fragrance on Basenotes and stopped into my local retailer who happened to carry it. Generous sales agent provided two 3 ml samples.

It's light on the opening but after 30 minutes I got this wonderful creamy sandalwood that seems to have a hint of juniper lingering but perhaps that's the myrrh. It's not a huge projector, but I could smell it faintly for next to 10 hours. If you like soft deep sandalwood, you'll love this.
01st October, 2015
Great fragrance; reminds me of Etro's 'Sandelo The' however, more versatile, with great projection and sillage. A great fragrance to have in your wardrobe!!!! The Art of Shaving did an outstanding job of capturing sandalwood in this fragrance!!!!
17th March, 2014
Strong Sandalwoods

This is quite the powerful sandalwood with a drop of a clean and powdery backbone. It is stronger than some perfumes I've smelled, but with much less acetone smells than the typical EdP. If I spray it on my chest, I will be quickly overwhelmed in less than an hour to the point I'd want to shower it off. It would last through the night and still be there on my chest the next morning. The sillage on me lets everyone within a 40 foot radius enjoy it at work. Due to this, it limits when I can actually wear it and I'd want it for special meetings with certain offshore teams... It is certainly a brighter sandalwood and I've found the scent to improve over a period of 3-4 years from purchase as a true sandalwood should do. I couldn't even wear it when first purchased as it was too bright, but now 3-4 years later it certainly has a nuttier/creamier fragrance than I remember it ever had. Its now just about right for when I desire an over the top rich sandalwood. Due to its linearity, its great for layering with other scents. My biggest gripe is that I can detect a scent that I think is lanolin in there I don't care for after about 7-9 hours. Even one spray on an arm/wrist could be too much for the day, so I tend to spray it past my arm to get just some fine droplets on for a better strength. It could really use a sprayer that creates a finer mist with much less volume dispersed per spray. If I ever find a better atomizer, I may transfer some to that new container/sprayer. I suggest getting this and saving it for a few years down the line as it will be better appreciated with age...

Pros: Get more than enough sandalwood with just half of a spray. Improves with age...
Cons: Needs a better atomizer, be careful how you spray it. "

09th August, 2013

Add your review of Sandalwood

Shop for Sandalwood products online

Shop for Sandalwood at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sandalwood

Member images of Sandalwood

There are no member images of Sandalwood yet. Why not be the first?