Brummel (1975)
by Antonio Puig (originally by Williams)

Brummel information

Year of Launch1975

HouseAntonio Puig
Originally byWilliams
PerfumerJean-François Latty
PerfumerMax Gavary
PerfumerRosendo Mateu

About Brummel

Brummel is a masculine fragrance by Antonio Puig. The scent was launched in 1975 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Rosendo Mateu, Max Gavary and Jean-François Latty

Reviews of Brummel

masj78 Show all reviews
Very similar in your face alcoholic, tarragon soapy opening like Denim. Quickly drys down to a pleasant soapy spicy citrus. Less refined, cheap version of Bogart in my opinion.
Very wearable and not too in your face, although maybe a tad old fashioned, but still a pleasant fresh every day type of juice. Bought my bottle (125ml) in Spain on holiday a few weeks ago. Cost just under 10 euros.
11th October, 2012
The Baron de Charlus once told me: " It was in a small Spanish town at twilight that I first encountered Brummel by Puig. Beneath a streetlight near a nondescript tavern stood a curious figure, a tall, ancient dandy, with obviously dyed hair, cadaverous features, depthless eyes and blackened teeth. More curious still was the smell that emanated from him: soft and cheap, yet also clean, deep, distinguished and grave. Mellow citrus floating round a shadowy tomb, seeming to lead to a strange gulf of soft roses and dim powders of the womb - simultaneously enticing, forbidding, suave, eerie, comforting, warm, fleeting and sad.
Rather hesitantly, I addressed him: 'My dear sir, stood there in the positively Baudelairean shadows, no doubt something of a pariah and tragically misunderstood. I find you to be a rather mysterious and magnificent creature. What is the scent you are wearing?'
He surveyed me, neither friendly nor hostile, told me its name, then ambled away."
28th November, 2009
With the after shave used only once (a different weird creature) the cologne worked for me for quite awhile! This is the one I may look for again the next time my wife and I make it to Union, NJ. There is in the scent a masculine dryness that makes it Puig but not over the top or an emotional downer. Casual, yes, but not out of line when applied carefully for the office. In some ways a broader-spectrum Aramis without the need to say, "I make a lot of money" more like "I make a living. We can live a happy life."
01st April, 2009
great fragance,80's stuff is calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
09th August, 2008
bluebus Show all reviews
I like this because it is cheap, made by Puig and readily available in Spain. The cologne is better than the after shave (which is mentholated) as it lasts longer. Its a weird smell - flowery, powdery and almost clogging, and it doesnt last that long either. It does attract comments as it is like no other i have tried. Not available in the UK.
04th November, 2006

Add your review of Brummel

Shop for Brummel products online

Search Amazon for Brummel

Member images of Brummel

There are no member images of Brummel yet. Why not be the first?