Cyprès-Musc (1948)

Parent CompanyCreed

About Cyprès-Musc

Cyprès-Musc is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1948

Reviews of Cyprès-Musc

I was really on the fence on this one.

There isn't too much complexity in Cypres Musc. In the opening I smelled a hint of citrus which is probably from the bergamot, little bit of mint, and also oakmoss but not as strong as in scents like Vintage Tabarome or Feuilles Vertes. To me and for some others, it gives off a rather soapy vibe. Specifically, it's the kind of soap that I would expect to see inside a restroom. Then of course the main notes the cypress and musk which remains for the entirety of the scent. I would say the musk is more dominant than the cypress towards the base. This had below average silage and I got about 2-3 hours in longevity for this scent. I can't exactly think of any places that I would wear it. Not my favorite but I would say it's definitely one of the better ones from the classic Creeds.
19th January, 2015
bokaba Show all reviews
I was at first uneasy about this scent. It struck me as odd for the Creed lineup, but it has grown on me recently for a number of reasons. CM is a fairly straightforward scent that is the same from when you spray all the way through the drydown. It is an intense, dusky cypress with a little citrus, musk, and light amber. It is soapy and mossy at the same time. This reminds me of country part of town and country fragrance pairs popular in the 19th Century. Mossy, dewy country roads in the heart of Arles or even Normandy with Van Gogh's cypresses blowing in the wind beneath the starlight.
12th January, 2015
It's a very green outdoorsy clean smelling frag. I imagine images of walking down a tree-laned dirt road. At first it reminds me subtly of pickles and turpintine (probably the galbanum). The galbanum with musk creates a dish soap smell that dominates for awhile with a good Cypress scent. As it's drying down a smooth musk and oakmoss join in. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. Very old-fashioned.
23rd November, 2014
Genre: Fougère

Here's one of those scents that I can respect, but not enjoy. Cyprès-Musc roars out of the bottle with bold conifer and lavender, riding on a tidal wave of soap. This opening is forcefully masculine in a very old-fashioned way, and smells to me both like a barbershop and like the freshly cleaned men's room at a pretentious luxury hotel. A mossy foundation soon becomes apparent, and while the lavender subsides the cypress and soap settle heavily atop the moss.

It's well over an hour before the musk makes itself known on me, and when it does it's very clean and blends right in with the brisk cypress. Cyprès-Musc persists for some time on me and offers plenty of sillage. While it's great to have a Creed fragrance that lasts for more than a couple of hours, I have to admit that this one is just too soapy for me. Give me dirt any time.
12th June, 2014
I was excited about the cypress note here but I was disappointed to find out that the cypress was a fleeting note that gave way to pure musk in less than 5 minutes. Too bad.
21st March, 2013
Try as I might, I just can't get into Cypres-Musc. It's got a very musty top of bergamot and lavender that feels like it was precision-engineered to smell not just dated, but a little spoiled. The cypress smell is fairly nice (hence the neutral instead of the thumbs down) but it's paired with a vaguely poopy smell - it's not a full-on Jicky fart, but more like the ambient smell of a heavily-trafficked restroom. I can fully understand how that stale bergamot and lavender combine with the civet musk to give reviewers visions of urinal pucks, though to me it's the smell of an old-fashioned dirty fougere with a rather nice cypress note awkwardly crammed in.

Given time, it ends up as a slightly lemony sawdust-tinged sandalwood in a puddle of subtle perfumey grossness.

All in all, this very much isn't the style of perfume that I enjoy, but fans of other old-school dirty fougeres like Pour Un Homme or Jicky may very well find themselves in love.
22nd December, 2012

Add your review of Cyprès-Musc

Shop for Cyprès-Musc products online

Search Amazon for Cyprès-Musc

Member images of Cyprès-Musc

There are no member images of Cyprès-Musc yet. Why not be the first?