Cyprès-Musc (1948)

Based on 100 ratings

Cyprès-Musc information

Cyprès-Musc is a men's fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1948

Reviews of Cyprès-Musc

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Here's one of those scents that I can respect, but not enjoy. Cyprès-Musc roars out of the bottle with bold conifer and lavender, riding on a tidal wave of soap. This opening is forcefully masculine in a very old-fashioned way, and smells to me both like a barbershop and like the freshly cleaned men's room at a pretentious luxury hotel. A mossy foundation soon becomes apparent, and while the lavender subsides the cypress and soap settle heavily atop the moss.

It's well over an hour before the musk makes itself known on me, and when it does it's very clean and blends right in with the brisk cypress. Cyprès-Musc persists for some time on me and offers plenty of sillage. While it's great to have a Creed fragrance that lasts for more than a couple of hours, I have to admit that this one is just too soapy for me. Give me dirt any time.

12 June, 2014

Justin Case's avatar

I was excited about the cypress note here but I was disappointed to find out that the cypress was a fleeting note that gave way to pure musk in less than 5 minutes. Too bad.

21st March, 2013

rogalal's avatar

Try as I might, I just can't get into Cypres-Musc. It's got a very musty top of bergamot and lavender that feels like it was precision-engineered to smell not just dated, but a little spoiled. The cypress smell is fairly nice (hence the neutral instead of the thumbs down) but it's paired with a vaguely poopy smell - it's not a full-on Jicky fart, but more like the ambient smell of a heavily-trafficked restroom. I can fully understand how that stale bergamot and lavender combine with the civet musk to give reviewers visions of urinal pucks, though to me it's the smell of an old-fashioned dirty fougere with a rather nice cypress note awkwardly crammed in.

Given time, it ends up as a slightly lemony sawdust-tinged sandalwood in a puddle of subtle perfumey grossness.

All in all, this very much isn't the style of perfume that I enjoy, but fans of other old-school dirty fougeres like Pour Un Homme or Jicky may very well find themselves in love.

22 December, 2012

rbaker's avatar

This is indeed a straightforward scent from the beginning: cypress and musk. This remains constant in glorious intensity and richness. A resin note is added later and and some limited development. I get a nice drydown without any unpleasant toilet/cleaner character. Good sillage and (for Creed) longevity of more than three hours on my skin. A classic fragrance, conservative and mature, with an outdoorsy-autumnal note.

08 April, 2012

suburbanites's avatar

I just had the opportunity to try this, and at first, it's a truly interesting scent. Off-Scenter's description of the fragrance notes and ordering are quite accurate. This dries into the heart and base within the first half hour where it stays for roughly the next couple of hours -- the musk and cypress are a nice mixture, and compared to the TFPC Italian Cyrpress, it definitely feels more authentic.

That's where the love for this wanes. If only it just stayed at the heart note and the juxtaposition of musk and cyrpress, I would have been content with the fragrance. Given the next couple of hours on my skin, it all turns pear-shaped for me: the cyrpress fades into what I can only describe as something resembling either "Ammonia" or "Floor polish". While I wouldn't quite term it "Pine-Sol", I'm hard-pressed for anther accurate comparison that conveys the essence of what this becomes. It feels more like a cleaning agent during its last gasps before it disappears entirely (and thankfully).

Longevity is less-than desired: Sillage is somewhat good. But deep at the base, I definitely feel as if I've tipped over industrial cleaning solvent. Your mileage may vary, so I won't entirely chalk this off, but whether this works for you will depend completely on your skin chemistry. Alas, it didn't mingle well with mine.

23 July, 2011

Oproust's avatar

I really wanted to like Cypres-Musc. Unfortunately, this fragrance smells like soap. I waited for it to develop and still, soap. I asked my wife, "What does this smell like to you?" She said, "Ivory soap." To my nose, case closed. I can't recommend this one.

04 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 14 May, 2011)

Add your review of Cyprès-Musc

Search for on eBay United States

CREED PRIVATE COLLECTION CYPRES-MUSC EAU DE PARFUM 8.4 OZ / 250 ML NIB
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 22 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    CREED Private Collection Cypres Musc DISCONTINUED and VAULTED 5 ml Spray Sample
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)