Suntan Lotion (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Suntan Lotion

Suntan Lotion is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Suntan Lotion

This smells like 1980s suntan lotion. Specifically, it smells like Coppertone's Bain de Soleil Orange Glacee. That was the one that came in the white tube, with the lettering that would always flake off well before the tube was empty. For a prettied-up and less synthetic (if also more expensive) take on this fragrance -- and one that will also actually last more than thirty seconds on ones skin -- try Bobbi Brown's Beach.

I found the longevity and projection on this one shockingly poor, even by Demeter standards. I had to bury my nose in my arm just to smell it, and it lasted, literally, only a minute before it was gone. Of course, it's possible that my sample just came from an old bottle that had lost its mojo, or that I'm anosmic to some particular aromachemical, etc., etc....but I've seen enough other people complain of exactly the same thing that I suspect the problem here is on Demeter's end. I don't demand endless longevity or (God forbid!) yards of sillage from a fragrance, but there's a bare minimum level of "can this, in fact, be smelled at ALL?" that I do expect to have answered in the affirmative, and this EdC couldn't even clear *that* hurdle. I'm sorry to say that this places it firmly in the "Not Even Worth Demeter Prices" bin for me.
18th January, 2014
Well well...seems like everyone was expecting the coconut smell, too!

It does smell exactly like the scent of sunscreen not sun TAN lotion.

It has a lasting scent that smells more like nag-champa incense at a head shop, but it's more lasting on clothing than skin.

I smell like I am 8 years old at the beach getting doused with sunscreen or 17 going into a head shop for the first time.

I think it would be better as a scent to spray on towels.

I will still give it a thumbs up, because it does smell like sunscreen. I wish, though, that it smelled more like a glistening-80's hairstyled-french cut bikini wearing-coconuty models on the beach.
26th December, 2012
As a Demeter fragrance lab fan, I was looking forward to reminiscing about last summer in Cancun, but was sadly disappointed when I received Suntan Lotion. The only wave I was hit by with this one was sharp acrid comet cleanser followed by a harsh off mosquito repellent dry down. Thankfully this chemical catastrophe was over with in about 7 minutes.
07th December, 2010
I was extremely dissapointed when I received this (bought online). It does not smell like the "pina colada" Banana Boat, or any variety of coconut smelling suntan lotions. The scent is sharp, and chemically. In fact, I've never smelt any suntan lotion that had this scent. I'm not too sure where they got it from...???
18th December, 2007
This is Coppertone without the pleasant smell...or perhaps a less-expensive Coppertone "imposter." I'll be the first to admit that I've worn Coppertone as a "perfume" on occasions; however, this just doesn't work. The scent is too sharp, without the mellow "skin" essence that makes suntan lotion wearable.
03rd June, 2006

Add your review of Suntan Lotion

Shop for Suntan Lotion products online

Search Amazon for Suntan Lotion

Member images of Suntan Lotion

There are no member images of Suntan Lotion yet. Why not be the first?