New Tradition (2002)

Shop for New Tradition products online

100ml EdT
    $71.38*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 42.67)

Reviews of New Tradition

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

Etro fragrances often leave me disappointed, and New Tradition manages to do it in record time. It is remarkably short-lived on my skin, the herbal opening reminiscent of Aramis 900 is quickly ushered out to make way for soft florals.The generic woody base is evident within an hour, and I am left searching for traces of anything on my skin inside two hours.I cannot fault the idea, but as is often the case with this company, I do fault the execution.

27 August, 2010

Balvon's avatar
    Balvon
    Lithuania Lithuania

Etro New Tradition

Old cheap cologne for men. Similar to Kouros YSL .I don't like it.

26 October, 2009

snowflakes's avatar
    snowflakes
    Germany Germany

At first sniff I had a comparison with Tova Signature in mind but the fragrance changes into some spicey musk on me. Great!

22 February, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar
    PigeonMurderer
    Finland Finland

It smells kind of interesting at first sniff, but then it very soon becomes very unpleasant and eventually even off-putting.

I must agree with some that is really does have a strange, (cheap) after-shave vibe to it. (I don’t smell Old Spice though)
    It is also extremely skin product / lotion smelling. It reminds me very very much of some ordinary sun-lotion.

Then there is definitely something animalic lurking underneath of it all. I am surprised no one has mentioned anything about it. Its that same kind of animalic tone which, again, can be found in some cheap grocery store after-shaves. Its very masculine shade this uncivilized and edgy musky smell; I believe it might actually be even an actual civet ingredient (synthetic, naturally).

Definitely not for me, but I’ll give this one a neutral rating just because it has some interesting aspects and I can easily recommend this controversial juice for anyone to try.

15 February, 2009

foetidus

New Tradition begins with that sharp cologny / alcohol note that was so typical of the men’s older fragrances, likely attributable to the geranium with some help from the clove. But just as in most of the older fragrances, it quickly settles down to a very acceptable ambiance. It is still rather sharp, because of the lavender, clove, and geranium combination, but I kind of like it because it does remind me of the older fragrances, so I suppose the opening is the “tradition” part of the fragrance. The patchouli of the base is, I guess, the “new”: I can’t find anything else that qualifies. The base is pleasant, too, and lasts respectably. New Tradition is a good scent: it has quite good ingredients and is well constructed, but it is unexciting. I simply don’t see the need to resurrect a “new” past when there are loads of better traditional fragrances available for much better prices; and I don’t see the need to buy this simply because it’s an Etro when there are lots of Etros much better than this one.

16 October, 2007

Joe_Frances's avatar
    Joe_Frances

Eau de Victoria Secrets. This smells like the sachets ladies use in their lingerie drawers, or those fat little hangers for their intimate garments. To think someone could ever consider this to be a man's fragrance. Unbelieveable.

16 February, 2007 (Last Edited: 31st January, 2010)

Add your review of New Tradition