Bogart pour Homme (2004)

PerfumerMaurice Roucel
PackagingJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Bogart pour Homme

Bogart pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Bogart. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Jacques Konckier

Bogart pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Bogart pour Homme

I really enjoy Jacques Bogart fragrances. 'One Man Show' is a masculine masterpiece and one of my favorite winter fragrances. I picked up 'Bogart Pour Homme' on a mistake order which I am glad they made the mistake and sent me the wrong one.

This is a lovely fragrance at a price that is easily blind buy worthy. Bogart could charge twice the price and label this a designer fragrance and people would buy it. Fans of JPG's 'Le Male' and Versace's 'Eros' may take note of this scent.

Initial spray is bergamot, vanilla, watery accords and a hint of lavender. This stuff comes out strong and has a good spray nozzle that disperses plenty of fragrance easily. It also projects far and wide, like 3-5 feet out from you for the first couple hours.

As it settles in, it gets more powdery and the vanilla base becomes more prominent. I don't get much floral notes, but its definitely a sweet vanilla matched to powder, covered a watery aquatic tone, but not the 'sport' or body wash kind of aquatic notes. More of a fine spa or hotel room note.

The base is all vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. Powdery, sweet and lovely. It's definitely a fragrance all its own, and gets me a decent amount of compliments. Its definitely non-offensive, not overly-masculine nor is it loud or cloying.

With my liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, chesk, wrists and shoulders), I am getting 10-12+ hours of longevity, with very good projection and sillage for the first 6-8 hour range. After that, its becomes a lingering skin scent, but stays on clothes and fabrics for about a week or so.

I am really glad I found this gem. I have tons of powerhouse colognes, and plenty of sport and aquatics. This fragrance is mature, and more for the 30+ crowd definitely.

Ideally suited for business events, elegant and upscale social gatherings, office environments and casual environments where you are still dressed in perhaps loafers, club shorts and a polo shirt. Country club fresh, if that is such a thing, is what this is. Definitely worth checking out.
24th May, 2017 (last edited: 14th June, 2017)
Stardate 20170123:

Current Formulation:

I always considered Aramis to be the torch bearer of good quality affordable fragrances that are reformulated well.
I think Bogart is right there with Aramis with even better affordability.

Pour Homme is a unique fragrance. The floral notes are reminiscent of Xeryus Rouge and Insense but done better here which is saying something about the composition. But then we should not be surprised as the nose is Maurice of Tocade.
The drydown is simply divine and one can see the resemblance to Tocade/Riverside in it.
The floral note and tonka gives it that cherry tobacco smell that has perplexed some of us as it is not in the pyramid.
Contrary to what has been said about it, I think it is a safe fragrance for every occasion (office too). Maybe the reformed version is toned down.
For the price (less than $20/100ml) it is just stupidity to not own one.
23rd January, 2017
A blind buy for me, so lucky I like this so much. I definitely get cherry pipe tobacco fragrance notes even though this is not listed in the fragrance notes above.

Of all the Bogart fragrances this is clearly the most suited to Winter scent, and for the adventurous this is actually suited as well to blending with other Bogart fragrances such as OMS Gold, Ruby or Arabian Nights.

I note there is a good sample size of 60 plus reviews here with an 80% approval rating so this seems well liked.

Enjoy !
07th January, 2017
The notes listed at the header are flat out unexplainable to me.

Yes indeed, this is a big snort of "imitation cherry" pipe tobacco right from a moist fresh pouch (unburned). I'd say better, in terms of quality, than that. Its very powerful in potency, longevity and projection. It's inexpensive too. Lots of high marks here, but; I don't care to smell like that, so I went neutral.

If you favor that novelty scent, its dead on, I'd say go for this. You should not be disappointed.
18th December, 2016
Bogart Pour Homme smells great. It smells of sweet cherry tobacco. Very pleasant. A great blind buy for me.

I can't comment on whether it smells like Pure Havane, Pure Malt. I just don't know those fragrances well enough. I just know that Bogart Pour Homme smells good to me and wears very well for Fall or Winter.

At less than $16 for a 100ml bottle, you just cannot go wrong.

Smell 9/10
Projection 10/10
Longevity 10/10

08th December, 2016
This is one of the scents that got me into this hobby. Let me get this straight...smells great, lasts forever, projects like crazy and is super cheap?? The forums and Youtube reviews lead me to this one, so I tried it and they were right! So now I keep coming back, looking for more hidden treasures like this one. Cherry-pipe tobacco with some synthetic freshness. This one gets noticed and is pleasant, so it's compliment-bait.
15th August, 2016

Add your review of Bogart pour Homme

Shop for Bogart pour Homme products online

Shop for Bogart pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bogart pour Homme

Member images of Bogart pour Homme

There are no member images of Bogart pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?