Fierce for Men (2002)
    by Abercrombie & Fitch

Shop for Fierce for Men products online

Reviews of Fierce for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 97 reviews.

claytonmarionneaux's avatar
    claytonmarionneaux

This is very spicy and fresh! Its a very masculine scent that will easily draw people in, it may be overly used but its used a lot for a reason...this smells very sexy! A man of confident's, a man that knows you only live once, a man that is..Fierce!!!

08 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 19 February, 2014)

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

If there is one word to define this scent is "Puerile": It makes me to think of self-centered, immature, childish individuals that are too rich to care with a hollow mind bent in satisfying their own urges without respect for society's rules.
    Probably this is due to the image of A&F catering for the rich, immature youth and nothing to do with the perfume itself which actually is pleasant and very masculine.
    It would not suit me, an old fart, but I can see why is so popular.
    Another thing I dislike about this perfume, and has nothing to do with the scent proper, is its bottle, it is disgusting.
    In summary, all the negative that I find on this perfume has nothing to do with the actual scent, therefore I can not rate it with a thumbs down, so it gets a neutral from me.

19 January, 2014

Jack Hunter's avatar
    Jack Hunter

It opens with a synthetic citrus and then gets woodier and muskier in the basenotes.

It smells like a cheap drug store fragrance that would appeal to teenagers. Longevity and projection though are good but I'm not impressed by the cheap smell.

07 December, 2013

scentgent's avatar
    scentgent

A wonderful scent for beefcake's everywhere.

And children.

It's a great smell, that immediately associates with a negative stigma of fraternities and high schoolers. I wouldn't use this anytime soon, but it is a good scent.

02 November, 2013

's avatar

Spray it in your hair, spray it on your junk, brush your teeth with it.

This fragrance has literally became my favorite scent on the market. I have many niche fragrances but I keep coming back to FIERCE. FIERCE only gets a bad rep because it is associated with AandF which is targeted toward vapid, narcissistic teens. A timeless scent doesn't have an age group on it, this fragrance can be worn by any man, at any age. Personally, this absolutely DESTROYS ANY Creed or any other over-rated OVER HYPED niche cologne out there!!! TRUST ME! Want to attract the girls? Skip the over-hyped niche colognes and get FIERCE. It has so much potential, but instead people wear it like Axe, spray a ton on in the morning before school, then overwhelm everyone while you think you smell amazing. But all is not lost, because if you wear this around a more mature crowd - the sort of crowd where you'll actually find real, quality women, then it can be the truly amazing scent that it is.

FIERCE has set a new standard of excellence in the world of fragrance that few colognes can match.

Pros:
    Cons: None"

17 October, 2013

scentgent's avatar
    scentgent

A great fragrance, with a fierce history

First cologne that I entirely went through. For good reason, but also for bad.

+ Very well blended base woodsy tones. These tones are excellently blended. Most men like woody scents, and this is not short in that department.

+ The top is citrussy and spicy, which definitely is an attention getter. These notes compliment the "woods" appropriately.

+ This is a compliment getter from only women...which is something that most dudes would also like. It pushes men away, and brings the ladies in. Every time I have worn it, I have gotten attention from it. It is just one of those fragrances. It lives up to the hype, at least it does on my skin.

+ This is the stuff that sells AandF clothing. This is what lures teenagers and tweens alike. This is the stuff that will make venus purr.

+ Great silage, longevity, and projection.

But, it has its drawbacks.

- This is not unique. Because of the success of the cologne and some fabulous marketing, it is popular, and well known to the population's nose. Anyone under 30 is familiar with it. Possibly older populations know of it as well. This is one scent I guarantee you HAVE SMELT BEFORE at some place in your life. And will to for years to come.

- Thanks to a series of fraternity rapes, where this actually has been mentioned, it has a stigma as a rapist cologne. And rightly so in my opinion. It happened at my college, as I hear many others. The image and narcissistic individuals who wear/buy into AandF also wear this doesn't help this fragrance's cause.

- Meatheads and 40 year old stalkers wear this a lot. I dont need to say more, because this is true.

- The picture. For the record, if you do actually peel off the picture of abs, you just might have issues. I personally hate the picture, because it is just sleazy marketing and an easy cash-cow. Consumers should demand more of any fragrance, no matter the age. Additionally, it comes off as...well...soft.

- The CEO of AandF is an asshole and you are an asshole if you buy this product for any reason. You know it, I know it, and your dog knows it. You are buying into the "We don't like fat people working in our stores or wearing our clothes" mentality because you are funding that frequently mentioned quote.

- Because of these factors, only the unexperienced will be diving into it. Ie. You are a teen. If you are over 22 you should not be wearing this fragrance. You are only as mature as the bottle. If you are swooned by this image and what I have mentioned before, then go for it. You would actually be a perfect fit and it would be a fit for you.

= Whenever you are putting this on, people think of all the things I just listed. But oh, those woody tones smell so, so very good. Which is a shame, because this is, overall, a great fragrance. I will admit it. I hate to write a review that is inherently biased. I wanted to like this. I really did. But socially, everything I listed is in the background, because that is what I hear when that guy who is over loaded on "Fierce" walks into the room.

Fierce is impossible to wear because of the history of the scent and of AandF. Unless you are a rapist.

Pros: Compliment getter, Great Woodsy Tones
    Cons: Likely reformulated, Bottle Image, Stigma, Almost everyone has knows scent"

03 October, 2013