IL (1990)

Parent CompanySchiapparelli Pikenz

About IL

IL is a masculine fragrance by Lancetti. The scent was launched in 1990

Reviews of IL

Two scents came to my mind instantly while testing Il by Lancetti: Sandalwood cologne by Geo F. Trumper and, as other reviewers noted, Egoiste by Chanel. As Trumper's Sandalwood has already been somewhere spoken of as one of the many nephews of Egoiste... I guess Chanel is the first reference for this one. The opening is a fairly bold sweet accord of sandalwood, neroli, cinnamon, white musks, carnation, lavender, vanilla, in short a sweet, almost creamy woody-spicy accord with the usual "masculine" flowers. A tad humid too overall. On the base there is a really light mossy-leathery accord, which emerges better on the drydown, although it remains quite sweet, soft and floral for the whole evolution. Refined, really aromatic, a bit sweet but I guess it was the trendy thing back then, a good weekend-nighclubbing scent – not exactly my first choice for office, in other words. A bit derivative and also perhaps outdated, but comparisons aside, a nice scent indeed!

18th July, 2014
So sad to see this one go. I wore this for years and it got a ton of compliments. A very confident, manly scent. IL was a winner, for sure.
05th October, 2011
A sadly discontinued intoxicating ambery-musky fragrance that used performing (back in the early 90's) as an aromatic dust of mild-talky amber slightly rooty, decidedly musky, spicy, herbal-aromatic and orangy. The presence of lavender, anice and aromatic-green notes used to provide a sort of sparkling-fresh beat to the long wake. Several woody patterns impressed woody final stableness and powdery mildness while cedar and woodsy notes performed a musky dusty (talky-powdery) boise long trail. IL has been (back "at my times") a cult one perfect for clubbing. A really appealing concoction.
14th June, 2011 (last edited: 15th August, 2014)
Bigsly Show all reviews
My first impression was also that it seemed similar to Egoiste (not Egoiste Platinum), but after I wore it a couple more times I was able to appreciate its subtleties (which Egoiste does not have), and I no longer would say that these two are especially similar. IL is a great blend of quite a few notes (ones that you would think would not "get along" well with each other), which in my experience is not very easy to achieve. It's not too sweet, too dry, too anything. The dynamism is very good, with different notes making an appearance now and then to keep things interesting. Sillage and longevity are very good too. I suspect that it got discontinued because it's not really a "mainstream"' type of composition. Instead, things seem to be going in the direction of fragrances that are either unique, blunt, and perhaps obnoxious, like A*Men, or simple, bland, and generic. IL is for the aficionado who seeks a unique blend of natural smelling ingredients without any "drama." Here are the notes from the Estonian site:

Anise, artemesia, basil, bergamot, lavender, neroli.

Aldehydes, clary sage, coriander, geranium.

Amber, cedar, leather, moss, musk, vetiver
19th January, 2010 (last edited: 05th May, 2010)
Basically, IL by Lancetti and Egoiste by Chanel are more or less same to me. There are some nice memories linking me to IL and I will put thumbs up, but actually I am not so fond of this kind of scents.

What is my impression then?

If I would describe weather this scent remids me of – it is hot weather. Very hot. And humid, too. Therefore I could've never wore this scent in late spring/summer/early fall.

If I would describe what occasion this scent reminds me of – it is night club. Very hot and crowded night club.

Notes? Sweetness is excessive, but you can feel some herbal (maybe fruit?) notes in there. Reminds me of some Turkish delight in liquid form. Longevity is great, sillage is good if not great.

I somehow do feel sorry for it's discontinuitment.
13th October, 2009
SO,SO NICE!!, SWEET LIKE RED FRUITS, STRAWBERRYS, REDCURRANT, POMEGRANATE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,
JUICY AND BEAUTIFUL
07th March, 2009

Add your review of IL

Shop for IL products online

Search Amazon for IL

Member images of IL

There are no member images of IL yet. Why not be the first?