Mūre et Musc (1978)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PackagingJean Laporte
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Mūre et Musc

Mūre et Musc is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1978 and the bottle was designed by Jean Laporte

Mūre et Musc fragrance notes

Reviews of Mūre et Musc

I accidentally sprayed too much of this perfume on, so I'm actually finding it a bit overwhelmingly strong right now! I'm pretty sure it's the EDT I'm testing as well, not "Mure et Musc Extreme", unless my sample was labelled wrong! So, be careful when you spray this one, it does have quite a lot of sillage and projection! A bit too much for my taste actually, but I'm still giving it a thumbs up because, regardless of how strong it is, "Mure et Musc" is still a really beautiful feminine perfume!
When I first sprayed it on, my first and immediate thought was actually, "Oh, that's so nice!" I actually loved the scent so much that I just wanted to keep spraying it, so I added at least a couple of sprays too many to my wrists! :D
When I first sprayed it, I couldn't tell the actual strength (sillage) of the perfume as well. I mainly just noticed that it smells like a very lovely scented feminine soap in the top notes! After at least ten to fifteen minutes, when the fragrance had a chance to develop, I could tell it was projecting more and more of a cloud of perfume! It also, however, gave me a chance to notice that the notes it projects are less soapy in the heart of the fragrance (although I can still smell those notes too.) The heart notes are a lot more sweet, and I can actually detect the sugary red berry notes, which actually seem like the strawberry notes in Marc Jacob's "Daisy" to me, only a lot more of it! I disagree with Luca Turin about the current formulation of this perfume as well. I can actually smell the creamy-tart yogurt type of scent that he describes, mixed in with soapy musk and super sweet strawberry! I can understand why this is L'Artisan Parfumeur's most popular women's perfume, it's absolutely gorgeous! Like I said, just be careful you don't overdo it when you put this one on, because it can be quite a heavy scent! Also, I think this one is definitely better for cold weather! I don't think I would like this in the summer at all! I do recommend it if you like sweet and musky perfumes at all though. You can try it at a local Sephora, or order a sample. I think it's worth trying at least once.
18th December, 2015
This is not a bit fruity on me. I get a somewhat soapy musk and and a hint of basil and hay. At first, I wasn't sure I liked this, but have been wearing it for a few weeks now, and it is very nice. The dry down of Mure et Musc reminds me of Kiehl's Original Musk with much, much less sillage than Kiehl's. It is very wearable, and will join my cabinet of regularly worn scents.
04th April, 2015 (last edited: 01st May, 2015)
Genre: Fruit

Sometimes less truly is more. Mūre et Musc is an exercise in minimalism, and to my nose quite a successful one. Berries and musk, maybe a little fresh citrus on top, and that's it. Light and unobtrusive, without being dull or familiar. On the sweet side for me, but certainly wearable, and would no doubt be lovely on a woman. Stays close to the skin and lasts moderately well -- certainly long enough for daytime wear.
19th June, 2014
I don't like fruity scents, so I often wondered how can you possibly wear such a clearly fruity scent as Mure at Musc. Then one day I smelled a field of berries under the summer sun on the mountains and I understood! This is smell of summer!!! And Mure et Musc is a real, perfect, natural reproduction of it. So if you want to get that summer glow even in the middle of winter ... wear Mure et Musc!
15th March, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Opening with berry notes on a mildly hesperidic background, soon a musc of a fairly balanced nature is added - neither very bright nor very dark. The overall impression is very pleasant, with limited further developments on me. The silage and projection are very good, and the projection is excellent at eight hours. A fairly unobtrusive misc scent, which is a good office spring fragrance. Overall just a positive score.
10th January, 2014
Just-showered Musk Scent

This is a just-stepped-out-of-the-shower musk scent that smells like freshly-washed skin and a hint of splashy, sweet-tart, mixed berries. No specific fruit stands out; I smell delicate raspberry and mild lemon. The musk develops a hint of dirtiness, but it is far overshadowed by soapiness. I prefer a warmer musk. This one is too cool for me and lacks development.

Pros: Clean, a little fruity
Cons: Simple, soapy"

09th September, 2013

Add your review of Mūre et Musc

Shop for Mūre et Musc products online

Shop for Mūre et Musc at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mūre et Musc

Member images of Mūre et Musc

There are no member images of Mūre et Musc yet. Why not be the first?