Mūre et Musc (1978)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PackagingJean Laporte
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Mūre et Musc

Mūre et Musc is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1978 and the bottle was designed by Jean Laporte

Mūre et Musc fragrance notes

Reviews of Mūre et Musc

iobhai Show all reviews
You're bathing in a stream with a bar of Ivory soap while your clothes dry out in the sun, draped over some moss-covered stones. Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur.
25th February, 2018
A nowadays classic piece of musky fragrance conjuring me a lot a friend which used to wear this accord many years ago. A romantic yet elusive balanced combination of lemon, soft greens, blackberries and musc. Unlike the "Extreme" version I detect an herbal/hesperidic aromatic twist making the aroma fresh and versatile. A solid particular musky fougere longly emulated by diverse following unsuccessful "olfactory attempts".
10th January, 2018
Lemon opening, very sunny, there's something evocative of time in rural Italy - limoncello, sun-warmed basil and tanned, musky skin. The berries aren't hugely prominent on me and stay beneath the musky fuzz. When they show, they're a little tart and very fresh; within 30 minutes it's a very clean and soapy laundry musk.
Leans very much to the feminine and I can see why it's a bestseller - it's sparkly and musky and pretty and easy. Performance isn't great, definitely not one of L'AP's more tenacious frags.
14th March, 2017 (last edited: 20th March, 2017)
This is a first for me....I seem to be anosmic to Mure et Musc! I can't smell anything but the faintest blackberry. No musk; nothing else!

Will try to rate again on a future sample....
21st April, 2016
I accidentally sprayed too much of this perfume on, so I'm actually finding it a bit overwhelmingly strong right now! I'm pretty sure it's the EDT I'm testing as well, not "Mure et Musc Extreme", unless my sample was labelled wrong! So, be careful when you spray this one, it does have quite a lot of sillage and projection! A bit too much for my taste actually, but I'm still giving it a thumbs up because, regardless of how strong it is, "Mure et Musc" is still a really beautiful feminine perfume!
When I first sprayed it on, my first and immediate thought was actually, "Oh, that's so nice!" I actually loved the scent so much that I just wanted to keep spraying it, so I added at least a couple of sprays too many to my wrists! :D
When I first sprayed it, I couldn't tell the actual strength (sillage) of the perfume as well. I mainly just noticed that it smells like a very lovely scented feminine soap in the top notes! After at least ten to fifteen minutes, when the fragrance had a chance to develop, I could tell it was projecting more and more of a cloud of perfume! It also, however, gave me a chance to notice that the notes it projects are less soapy in the heart of the fragrance (although I can still smell those notes too.) The heart notes are a lot more sweet, and I can actually detect the sugary red berry notes, which actually seem like the strawberry notes in Marc Jacob's "Daisy" to me, only a lot more of it! I disagree with Luca Turin about the current formulation of this perfume as well. I can actually smell the creamy-tart yogurt type of scent that he describes, mixed in with soapy musk and super sweet strawberry! I can understand why this is L'Artisan Parfumeur's most popular women's perfume, it's absolutely gorgeous! Like I said, just be careful you don't overdo it when you put this one on, because it can be quite a heavy scent! Also, I think this one is definitely better for cold weather! I don't think I would like this in the summer at all! I do recommend it if you like sweet and musky perfumes at all though. You can try it at a local Sephora, or order a sample. I think it's worth trying at least once.
18th December, 2015
This is not a bit fruity on me. I get a somewhat soapy musk and and a hint of basil and hay. At first, I wasn't sure I liked this, but have been wearing it for a few weeks now, and it is very nice. The dry down of Mure et Musc reminds me of Kiehl's Original Musk with much, much less sillage than Kiehl's. It is very wearable, and will join my cabinet of regularly worn scents.
04th April, 2015 (last edited: 01st May, 2015)

Add your review of Mūre et Musc

Shop for Mūre et Musc products online

Shop for Mūre et Musc at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mūre et Musc

Member images of Mūre et Musc

There are no member images of Mūre et Musc yet. Why not be the first?