Mūre et Musc (1978)

• Bottle Designer: Jean Laporte

Mūre et Musc Fragrance notes

Blackberry, Red berries, Musky notes

Reviews of Mūre et Musc

Showing 1 to 6 of 33 reviews.

nonnative's avatar
    nonnative

I don't like fruity scents, so I often wondered how can you possibly wear such a clearly fruity scent as Mure at Musc. Then one day I smelled a field of berries under the summer sun on the mountains and I understood! This is smell of summer!!! And Mure et Musc is a real, perfect, natural reproduction of it. So if you want to get that summer glow even in the middle of winter ... wear Mure et Musc!

15 March, 2014

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Opening with berry notes on a mildly hesperidic background, soon a musc of a fairly balanced nature is added - neither very bright nor very dark. The overall impression is very pleasant, with limited further developments on me. The silage and projection are very good, and the projection is excellent at eight hours. A fairly unobtrusive misc scent, which is a good office spring fragrance. Overall just a positive score.

10th January, 2014

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Just-showered Musk Scent

This is a just-stepped-out-of-the-shower musk scent that smells like freshly-washed skin and a hint of splashy, sweet-tart, mixed berries. No specific fruit stands out; I smell delicate raspberry and mild lemon. The musk develops a hint of dirtiness, but it is far overshadowed by soapiness. I prefer a warmer musk. This one is too cool for me and lacks development.

Pros: Clean, a little fruity
    Cons: Simple, soapy"

09 September, 2013

gmstrack's avatar
    gmstrack

Smells good. Yep.

Mure et Musc by L`Artisan Parfumeur opens with aldehydes, clean musk, and a bright, beautiful lemon. Once the lemon calms down, the blackberry starts to shine and serves to lift the musk. Next, a green spicy note, maybe basil or tomato leaf, wedges itself between the aldehydes and musk. I really love this fragrance for the summer; for some reason it reminds me of girl scout camp during the 1980s. Maybe it’s the combination of blackberry bushes and late 70s sexy-clean musk/aldehydes? Wear whilst listening to "Eye in the Sky".

Great, now I need to add another fragrance to my FB wish list...

16 July, 2013

peachply's avatar
    peachply

I like this for one reason only, it's total neutrality. If I do not want to go without any scent at all but don't feel like wearing much of anything this is what I wear. It's something without being much of anything at all. Neutral is how this works on me, I like the musk and berry combo but do feel it may be a bit different from years ago, it had more kick back then, quite possibly a reformulation issue.

27 March, 2013

Opoponax's avatar
    Opoponax

A straightforward scent, in the sense that it’s pretty much what the bottle says. When I spritzed it the first impression I derived was powdery musk. Oddly, I perceived the blackberries a moment or so after the musky notes, but when they did appear they were beautifully rendered, sweet but with a tangy green aspect that conjured the brambles as well as the fruit. This blackberry note is similar to what winemakers call the “foxy” tang integral to North American Vitis labrusca grapes … considered undesirable in wine, it makes the scent of native grapes ripe on the vine delectably complex. The musks are rather refined and clean-smelling – not rank or animalic at all. As a result Mure et Musc remains polite, blending graciously into its surroundings. While the scent stays discreetly close to the skin, it possesses surprising power; a single spritz was still quietly asserting its presence eight hours later.

March 17, 2013