Mûre et Musc Extrême (1993)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Mûre et Musc Extrême information

Year of Launch1993

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Mûre et Musc Extrême

Mûre et Musc Extrême is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1993

Mûre et Musc Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Mûre et Musc Extrême

I like Mure et Musc, but I like Extreme even better. It is a bit sweeter and I get the fruity berries in this one, where they are not apparent on my skin in Mure et Musc. Minimal sillage, close to the skin, and still holds a faint musk note at 12 hours. Yum.
17th May, 2015
As much as I loathe dumb fruity florals, I can't help but love the berry smell in Mure et Musc. I think the original version (which is basically a classic chypre with berries mixed in) is probably more wearable than the Extreme, with its weird rubbery smell. To be honest, I've been trying to fall in love with Mure et Musc Extreme since buying a bottle as a newbie years ago. Smelled up close, that weird rubber doll smell is just so odd, but to steal a phrase from Robin's review, "it sort of sinks in and mixes with my skin" and smells amazing in its sillage. As I've learned not to overthink it, I've come to really enjoy Extreme, so I'd definitely suggest giving it a try, though don't skip over the original version before you make your choice.
14th April, 2015
OK, I have lived with the Mure et Musc Extreme for three years now and finally feel like I can review it.

My initial impression was just that it was "safe". Something easy to wear, nobody would notice really, not sexy, just good and pretty smelling, light. Great scent for a kindergarten teacher or for situations where perfume isn't appropriate; it flies under the radar. But it is also, conversely, the perfume that I get the most comments of "sexy" on from men, oddly enough. Consistently.

I really, really do love this smell. It's unspecified berries, citrus, and musk, but the musk is animal enough that the perfume doesn't sit on top like clothing, it sort of sinks in and mixes with my skin, it smells human, not like I am a plant, or fruit, or flower; and the fruity smell doesn't ever get unpleasant or cloying even in deepest summer here.

At times I am really quite irritated by paying so much for what is, really, just an idealized body wash scent, except that it's SO idealized that it's damn near ideal.

A story - a few months after I'd been going out with the Boyfriend (I always wore the Mure et Musc Extreme around him, we hadn't had any perfume conversation and it's my backup smell for those situations) , one day he says, smelling at me: "you always smell so good." So I say "yeah, that's the perfume, the mure et musc." and he replies, "no, I don't think so, it's your shampoo or something, or just the way you smell, your biology, you smell so GOOD." He really didn't believe it was perfume.

That, to me is the genius of the Mure et Musc Extreme. It doesn't smell like perfume, nope. Doesn't develop, doesn't challenge, is not artsy or elegant, it just smells good, like I smell good.

I like this better than the original, the original is more sour and herbal and 'bracing' to my nose, this Extreme version isn't more extreme, it's just lower pitched, the berries are tuned louder but the overall impression is softer, rounder.
13th March, 2015
Genre: Fruit

More potent than the original, it's true, but also seeming different in its composition. Whereas the berry-musk accord in Mûre et Musc is perfectly balanced, here things tilt decisively toward the sweet fruit. As a result, it loses much of Mûre et Musc's miraculous poise.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" never was more apt.
19th June, 2014
The fruity floral isn't my bag. There are a few exceptions to this habit, notably the intoxicating Badgley Mischka. I'm not starved for fruit, though. Eau de Cologne, which starts and ends with hesperedic notes, is by definition fruity, and it's hard to dislike eau de cologne. Otherwise there are three ways that I like fruit in my perfume.

1) The fruity chypre. Granted, chypres contain bergamot, a fruit in its own right. But in many of the great chypres of the 20th century it is the fruit that gives the genre such an enormous range of moods. It gives Rochas Femme its come-hither gaze, Diorella its hint of afternoon trysts, Chanel Cristalle its remoteness, and Prescriptives Calyx its brimming elation.  The chypre’s moss gives the fruit a long shadow, and the world settles in to a slower, more deliberate, more poised state.

2) The woody, fruity perfumes like the Serge Lutens/Christopher Sheldrake Bois series (eg. Feminite du Bois, Bois et Fruit, Bois de Violette) and Keiko Mecheri Oliban. Dry woods/resins such as cedar and frankincense and sweet/tart fruit notes like plum and peach complement each other and have a raspy harmony.  These perfumes purr and hum.  They surround you and whisper in your ear.  Christopher Sheldrake using woody amber aromachemicals revived this form in the 1980s and made a reference point for much of current perfumery.

3) The fruity musks. Some musks have have a berry-sweetness to them, and many fruits have  a strong musky quality, especially when they're at the cusp of ripeness and rot. The fruit/musk pairing in perfumery feels preordained. Fruits provide a ‘flavor’ and musks add a roundness, backlighting.  In the same way that butter and cream add both richness and ‘mouth feel’ to food, the fruity musks add a set of scents and  olfactory qualities that might be called ‘nose-feel’.

So, Mure et Muscs Extreme. It is definitively fruity (blackberry) but the fruit never appears out of proportion or sickly-sweet. An astringency, a greenness runs right down the center of Mure et Musc Extreme.  It highlights the sweetness and roundness of the perfume.  It’s strong and can’t be missed, but it just highlight the berry/musk accord.  The musk is the pillow on which the fruit sits, and since the fruit and musk notes are of equal duration, Mure et Muscs lands somewhere between a top-to-bottom traditional accord and a linear one. It changes from start to finish, but most of the changes are an ongoing modulation of the original set of notes.  Different notes step forward at different times, and Mure et Musc demonstrates the best of the linear fragrance.
19th June, 2014
Well, there is not much to say about this fragrance!
It's simple, pleasant, safe, boring and not bottle worthy in my opinion!
It's not bad , but I feel there are a few things missing in this fragrance!
They put the unisex sticker on it!
So where are woods?! where are spices?! where are floral notes? they could even throw a light animalistic note in but instead of using a little of these notes to make it more complex, they kept it in the simplest way!
At the opening you can smell a very light citrusy scent with some herbal smell from basil and a little amount of musk and fruity black berries!
There is no basil note in this fragrance but like her older sister it does have it!
The musky scent is very simple, light and slightly sweet.
In the dry down the citrusy and basil notes are almost gone and you will get a little stronger musk and now the black berries scent replaced by red berries!
That's it!
Projection is very soft and longevity is good. around 6 hours.
It's a good smelling and simple fragrance but for the price that they're asking, forget about it!
01st February, 2014

Add your review of Mûre et Musc Extrême

Shop for Mûre et Musc Extrême products online

Shop for Mûre et Musc Extrême at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mûre et Musc Extrême

Member images of Mûre et Musc Extrême

There are no member images of Mûre et Musc Extrême yet. Why not be the first?