Mûre et Musc Extrême (1993)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Mûre et Musc Extrême information

Year of Launch1993

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Mûre et Musc Extrême

Mûre et Musc Extrême is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1993

Mûre et Musc Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Mûre et Musc Extrême

A pleasant sweet blackberry smell but it is quite powerful. It lasts for ages on the skin, it was still there after a shower. My main issue is with it being billed as unisex. It's much too feminine for a man to wear unless wanting to advertise femininity. Not something I can wear to work without getting "are you wearing perfume?" type remarks.
20th May, 2018
Young Girl with Peonies by Alexej von Jawlensky · 1909
04th August, 2017
Do you like blackberries or not? This one is just bursting with the stuff, with a small airiness that keeps the body from feeling too jammy, and a musky bottom a bit like leather to tether that sweetness. Certainly not my bag but a good performer for fans of simple scents.
03rd January, 2016
I like Mure et Musc, but I like Extreme even better. It is a bit sweeter and I get the fruity berries in this one, where they are not apparent on my skin in Mure et Musc. Minimal sillage, close to the skin, and still holds a faint musk note at 12 hours. Yum.
17th May, 2015
As much as I loathe dumb fruity florals, I can't help but love the berry smell in Mure et Musc. I think the original version (which is basically a classic chypre with berries mixed in) is probably more wearable than the Extreme, with its weird rubbery smell. To be honest, I've been trying to fall in love with Mure et Musc Extreme since buying a bottle as a newbie years ago. Smelled up close, that weird rubber doll smell is just so odd, but to steal a phrase from Robin's review, "it sort of sinks in and mixes with my skin" and smells amazing in its sillage. As I've learned not to overthink it, I've come to really enjoy Extreme, so I'd definitely suggest giving it a try, though don't skip over the original version before you make your choice.
14th April, 2015
OK, I have lived with the Mure et Musc Extreme for three years now and finally feel like I can review it.

My initial impression was just that it was "safe". Something easy to wear, nobody would notice really, not sexy, just good and pretty smelling, light. Great scent for a kindergarten teacher or for situations where perfume isn't appropriate; it flies under the radar. But it is also, conversely, the perfume that I get the most comments of "sexy" on from men, oddly enough. Consistently.

I really, really do love this smell. It's unspecified berries, citrus, and musk, but the musk is animal enough that the perfume doesn't sit on top like clothing, it sort of sinks in and mixes with my skin, it smells human, not like I am a plant, or fruit, or flower; and the fruity smell doesn't ever get unpleasant or cloying even in deepest summer here.

At times I am really quite irritated by paying so much for what is, really, just an idealized body wash scent, except that it's SO idealized that it's damn near ideal.

A story - a few months after I'd been going out with the Boyfriend (I always wore the Mure et Musc Extreme around him, we hadn't had any perfume conversation and it's my backup smell for those situations) , one day he says, smelling at me: "you always smell so good." So I say "yeah, that's the perfume, the mure et musc." and he replies, "no, I don't think so, it's your shampoo or something, or just the way you smell, your biology, you smell so GOOD." He really didn't believe it was perfume.

That, to me is the genius of the Mure et Musc Extreme. It doesn't smell like perfume, nope. Doesn't develop, doesn't challenge, is not artsy or elegant, it just smells good, like I smell good.

I like this better than the original, the original is more sour and herbal and 'bracing' to my nose, this Extreme version isn't more extreme, it's just lower pitched, the berries are tuned louder but the overall impression is softer, rounder.
13th March, 2015

Add your review of Mûre et Musc Extrême

Shop for Mûre et Musc Extrême products online

Search for on eBay United States

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR MURE ET MUSC EXTREME EDP 5 ML/0.17 FL.OZ. SPLASH NEW & FRESH

• USD $12.80

L'Artisan Parfumeur mini 5ml each pick 1

• USD $15.00
  • Time Left: 26 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Mure Et Musc Extreme by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Women NIB

• USD $73.25
  • Time Left: 10 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Mure Et Musc Extreme By L'Artisan Parfumeur Eau De Parfum 3.4 OZ 100 ML Spra...

• USD $79.00
  • Time Left: 7 days

Member images of Mûre et Musc Extrême

There are no member images of Mûre et Musc Extrême yet. Why not be the first?