Dzing! (1999)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Dzing!

Dzing! is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Dzing! fragrance notes

Reviews of Dzing!

Pleasant leather and musk. I got a hint of something ammonia like in the background, until I realized it was the saffron. Funny how some notes are easier to distinguish so obviously once you look at the pyramid. There is something a little sweet that comes out an hour or so in, but I can’t put my finger on it. Maintains the saffron “zing” from the opening. Projection was soft but acceptable, longevity was poor.
31st January, 2019
There’s a great Katie Puckrik review of this likening it to a circus and, wow - it really does smells of leather and circus animals! I don’t get much sweetness, toffee or woods - just large musky animals with a slightly fecal, stale litter-tray / sawdust twist. To me it’s less “big-top” and more like the cages out the back. It’s incredible how evocative it is (and for some reason I do keep wanting to smell it again) but it’s not a pleasant or particularly wearable fragrance.
27th January, 2019
Meet Black's little sister, Bvlgari Pink, who has a strong family resemblance, but loves sparkles and sunshine. At the circus of the theme, she enjoys candy floss, toffee apples and pony rides, but she is scared of clowns and oblivious to the sex appeal of the trapeze artists. It's the first perfume to make me giggle, and for this I applaud it.
13th August, 2018
I feel conflicted about L'Artisan Parfumeur. I like, but don't love a bunch of their fragrances, such as this one, Dzing.

On the one hand, it does achieve a substantial leather smell, smooth and wearable. On the other hand, it doesn't really grab me.

I can imagine, though, loving it on someone else, and thinking they have great tastes for wearing it.
06th August, 2018
The truth is......I can't really explain Dzing!. Those that have described manure and a petting zoo must be smelling something completely different to me!! I get floral's, I get a tiny bit of apple and I get damp soil. It really is quite mesmerizing. Something about this reminds me of Creeds Royal Mayfair. I can't put my finger on it but it's there!

The only thing stopping me giving this full marks is that the longevity and projection suck just like most L'Artisan fragrances.
10th January, 2018 (last edited: 15th January, 2018)
Meriem Show all reviews
I feel bad about panning Dzing!, but this was an actual scrubber for me. Most of l'Artisan's scents seem to work well on me, and the concept and notes of Dzing! sound rather brilliant. But so help me, apparently castoreum on me takes over and leaves me redolent of manure. It smells like a suffusion of dung over flowers no less, which made it somehow even more unpleasant and just really unfortunate. It was foul. I suppose one could say I smelled like a meadow, just one that a herd of incontinent cattle happened to have grazed in. There were no other notes: just flowers and copious amounts of poo. Not good. Not good at all.

I hate rating this with a thumbs-down, because it's surely amazing on other people, and I wanted so much to love it. However, I am actually afraid to try it again, so I do not think I'll test it again just to see if it gets any better.
07th November, 2017 (last edited: 08th November, 2017)

Add your review of Dzing!

Shop for Dzing! products online

Shop for Dzing! at online perfumeries

Dzing by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz

Buy It Now for only: $76.60

End Date: Tuesday Mar-5-2019 9:15:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $124.50

Member images of Dzing!

There are no member images of Dzing! yet. Why not be the first?