Dzing! (1999)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Dzing!

Dzing! is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Dzing! fragrance notes

Reviews of Dzing!

Meet Black's little sister, Bvlgari Pink, who has a strong family resemblance, but loves sparkles and sunshine. At the circus of the theme, she enjoys candy floss, toffee apples and pony rides, but she is scared of clowns and oblivious to the sex appeal of the trapeze artists. It's the first perfume to make me giggle, and for this I applaud it.
13th August, 2018
I feel conflicted about L'Artisan Parfumeur. I like, but don't love a bunch of their fragrances, such as this one, Dzing.

On the one hand, it does achieve a substantial leather smell, smooth and wearable. On the other hand, it doesn't really grab me.

I can imagine, though, loving it on someone else, and thinking they have great tastes for wearing it.
06th August, 2018
The truth is......I can't really explain Dzing!. Those that have described manure and a petting zoo must be smelling something completely different to me!! I get floral's, I get a tiny bit of apple and I get damp soil. It really is quite mesmerizing. Something about this reminds me of Creeds Royal Mayfair. I can't put my finger on it but it's there!

The only thing stopping me giving this full marks is that the longevity and projection suck just like most L'Artisan fragrances.
10th January, 2018 (last edited: 15th January, 2018)
Meriem Show all reviews
I feel bad about panning Dzing!, but this was an actual scrubber for me. Most of l'Artisan's scents seem to work well on me, and the concept and notes of Dzing! sound rather brilliant. But so help me, apparently castoreum on me takes over and leaves me redolent of manure. It smells like a suffusion of dung over flowers no less, which made it somehow even more unpleasant and just really unfortunate. It was foul. I suppose one could say I smelled like a meadow, just one that a herd of incontinent cattle happened to have grazed in. There were no other notes: just flowers and copious amounts of poo. Not good. Not good at all.

I hate rating this with a thumbs-down, because it's surely amazing on other people, and I wanted so much to love it. However, I am actually afraid to try it again, so I do not think I'll test it again just to see if it gets any better.
07th November, 2017 (last edited: 08th November, 2017)
The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci
11th September, 2017
Dzing! is a perfume I came to very late. For the longest time, I thought it was a clumsy slamming together of two different perfumes: a fecal Cuir de Russie-type leather on top, a Bvlgari Black rubber-vanilla on the bottom – something that, if you already owned either of those perfumes, was a bit redundant.

But with time, I’ve come to appreciate and even love Dzing! as an animal in its own right. There is an abstraction to Dzing! that isn’t present in either the Chanel or the Bvlgari, a sort of sweet, musky haze that rearranges the furniture of the scent each time, rendering the familiar unfamiliar.

Sometimes Dzing! wears as a sweet, bready musk with a tinge of caramel apples; other times, it smells of saddle soap and soft horse shit. On occasion, I smell the sensual scent of grimy skin trapped under a rubber watch strap, as well as Rich Tea biscuits, soggy cardboard, and Communion wafers.

If books are themselves an amalgamation of complex, abstract aromas and molecules, then Dzing! is just that in scent form. Like a book, Dzing! is predominantly sweet and vanillic (biscuity), but there is the unmistakable whiff of something that reminds you of its ruder animal origins – the fecal smell of just cured leather bindings, perhaps, or the moistly grimy finger imprints of previous readers. Delicious, if you can stand the sheer second-hand intimacy of the smell.

29th August, 2017

Add your review of Dzing!

Shop for Dzing! products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Dzing!

There are no member images of Dzing! yet. Why not be the first?