Dzing! (1999)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Dzing!

Dzing! is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Dzing! fragrance notes

Reviews of Dzing!

Meriem Show all reviews
I feel bad about panning Dzing!, but this was an actual scrubber for me. Most of l'Artisan's scents seem to work well on me, and the concept and notes of Dzing! sound rather brilliant. But so help me, apparently castoreum on me takes over and leaves me redolent of manure. It smells like a suffusion of dung over flowers no less, which made it somehow even more unpleasant and just really unfortunate. It was foul. I suppose one could say I smelled like a meadow, just one that a herd of incontinent cattle happened to have grazed in. There were no other notes: just flowers and copious amounts of poo. Not good. Not good at all.

I hate rating this with a thumbs-down, because it's surely amazing on other people, and I wanted so much to love it. However, I am actually afraid to try it again, so I do not think I'll test it again just to see if it gets any better.
07th November, 2017 (last edited: 08th November, 2017)
The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci
11th September, 2017
Dzing! is a perfume I came to very late. For the longest time, I thought it was a clumsy slamming together of two different perfumes: a fecal Cuir de Russie-type leather on top, a Bvlgari Black rubber-vanilla on the bottom – something that, if you already owned either of those perfumes, was a bit redundant.

But with time, I’ve come to appreciate and even love Dzing! as an animal in its own right. There is an abstraction to Dzing! that isn’t present in either the Chanel or the Bvlgari, a sort of sweet, musky haze that rearranges the furniture of the scent each time, rendering the familiar unfamiliar.

Sometimes Dzing! wears as a sweet, bready musk with a tinge of caramel apples; other times, it smells of saddle soap and soft horse shit. On occasion, I smell the sensual scent of grimy skin trapped under a rubber watch strap, as well as Rich Tea biscuits, soggy cardboard, and Communion wafers.

If books are themselves an amalgamation of complex, abstract aromas and molecules, then Dzing! is just that in scent form. Like a book, Dzing! is predominantly sweet and vanillic (biscuity), but there is the unmistakable whiff of something that reminds you of its ruder animal origins – the fecal smell of just cured leather bindings, perhaps, or the moistly grimy finger imprints of previous readers. Delicious, if you can stand the sheer second-hand intimacy of the smell.

29th August, 2017
I received Dzing! as part a collection of L'Artisan Parfumeur samples. I knew nothing about this fragrance, except that I love Timbuktu and Fou D'Absinthe. Upon spraying, I was immediately hit with "petting zoo on a hot, summer day." It has it all: sweaty barnyard animals, muddy hay, and even a few toddlers running around with dirty diapers. Awful! Wondering if my sample was bad, I read through the reviews and found that many others had the same experience. I decided to stick it out until dry-down and, even though it lightens, it never really smelled good. I enjoy taking my kids to the petting zoo, but I definitely don't want to smell like it.
19th May, 2017
Castoreum and coumarin with a very brief waft of coconut(?!). Hay, honey, cedar, tack room leather, damp sawdust, musk. It reminds me of being 15 years old and having a crush on one of the older boys at the stables where I used to ride. The animalic notes are sweet, supple, and somewhat...*charged*. I've had a very similar experience with this to afartherroom (see below) and I don't feel I can really add anything to his gorgeous description except to say, yup - my nose buried in the fur of a happy cat sunning itself in the stable yard, surrounded by the smell of horses, tack and the crackling expectation of youth.
This is an absolute must-have for me. Love.
14th March, 2017 (last edited: 24th March, 2017)
Dzing! is a weirdo. First, it was presented to me as a feminine gourmand I should try. I think it's gourmand, but only in the beginning, and very masculine. At first spray, I got cinnamon and nutmeg, which I loved, and disappeared soon into musk and leather. You're left (for a long time) with black pepper and leather, and then vanilla and chocolate.

It's not my taste, but it's really well done. It's warm, but doesn't project far.
24th January, 2017 (last edited: 15th September, 2017)

Add your review of Dzing!

Shop for Dzing! products online

Shop for Dzing! at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dzing!

Member images of Dzing!

There are no member images of Dzing! yet. Why not be the first?